1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Tales of MapleLegends

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Pasta, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    4:28 PM
    Popular programmer joke: "we do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they were going to be easy."

2. Papel

Papel Red Snail

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    8:28 PM
    Papelazo
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    nice

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SkyBlue

SkyBlue Slime

May 8, 2020
    Female
    New York
    7:28 PM
    Sedentarily
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    Amazing, thank you everyone for your hard work :heartbeat:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Abagnale

Abagnale Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

May 19, 2023
    7:28 AM
    Abagnale
    Beginner
    Staff
    My time on the Staff team has not been long but I would like to say that Davi has been a pleasure to work with. Davi appreciation thread...!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. KyokoKiri

KyokoKiri Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    KyokoKiri
    Night Lord
    Thank you for your efforts behind the scenes!

6. Chris_

Chris_ Red Snail

Apr 15, 2022
    9:28 AM
    Faith
    Beginner
    GOAT

Quality>Quantity, Sometimes we take for granted the polish this server has and is continuing working towards.

Thank you and all staff for everything they do out of love and passion for our two decade old mushroom game. <3

7. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    1:28 AM
    Paladin
    Funk
    I was going to wait for my newly ordered audio equipment to arrive before recording this, but after trying out the event for a bit I decided it simply couldn't wait... So here's another iPhone recording for you all:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. TeamAlvin

TeamAlvin Blue Snail

Aug 19, 2020
    TeamAlvin
    Buccaneer
    A Lighthearted and Imaginative Music Video, but Lacks Depth

This lyrical composition presents an overall lighthearted and whimsical tone, painting a vivid picture of a playful and imaginative narrative. However, despite its catchy nature, the video lacks depth and fails to fully explore the potential of the lyrics.

The opening sets a cheerful and light tone, introducing the character of "Mr. Pasta-a man." The lyrics convey an infatuation, with the protagonist expressing their admiration for Mr. Pasta-a man, describing him as everything they desire in a partner. This initial setup provides a playful foundation for the piece.

The series of adventurous and exotic scenarios displays a narrative filled with fun, playful romance. The idea of embarking on a boat trip, symbolizing a romantic escapade, is visually appealing and creates a sense of wanderlust. The mention of stroking hair in the wind and sailing towards Marseilles adds a touch of romanticism to the narrative.

The lyrics continue to depict a dreamlike experience of traveling the world, swimming with dolphins and orcas, and dancing with strangers in burqas. These imaginative elements, although seemingly random, adds a fanciful touch and invite viewers to indulge in a fantastical journey.

However, despite the charming and picturesque scenes presented by the narrative, the video lacks a deeper exploration of the underlying themes. The narrative could have delved into the emotions and intentions behind the protagonist's desire for adventure and romance. By delving into the protagonist's longing for exploration and connection, the video could have evoked a stronger emotional response from the audience.

Additionally, the mention of sharing a Cosmo and the casual suggestion of cuddling presents a contrast between the extravagant fantasies and more intimate, down-to-earth desires. This contrast could have been further explored, perhaps through contrasting visuals or the portrayal of the protagonist's conflicting emotions.

Overall, the music video showcases a lighthearted and imaginative concept. It successfully establishes a whimsical atmosphere and stimulates the viewer's imagination. However, it falls short in terms of depth and exploration of the emotions and themes underlying the lyrics. With more attention to character development and emotional storytelling, this could have created a more compelling and resonant experience for the audience.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk

Thank you, TeamAlvin, for taking the time out of your day to write up such a thorough review. I really do appreciate your feedback.

I’d just like to point out that the tasteful and minimalistic route I deliberately chose to wander down in this project, cinematographically speaking, is perfectly in harmony with the stylistic decisions in most of my other works.

I wanted to recreate the massive success of my other films with a music video that was visually appealing to the eye, while at the same time allowing the lyrics to take center stage. I believe that the playful and imaginative narrative, combined with the catchy nature of the song, creates a fun and enjoyable experience for the viewer throughout.

I appreciate your suggestion of delving further into the protagonist's emotions and intentions, but I can’t help but think that you are rather dim. I don’t intend to offend, but I firmly believe that the video successfully conveys the protagonist's desire for adventure and romance through the playful and imaginative scenarios displayed, and masterfully so.

For what it’s worth, I hope that you can still enjoy the video for what it is - a lighthearted and imaginative music video that invites viewers to indulge in a fantastical journey. Thank you again for your review.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  10. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    I think he wrote that with ChatGPT.

11. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    I think I did too.

12. Miney

Miney Slime

Jun 2, 2021
    9:28 AM
    Miney
    Corsair
    I want to express my disappointment to not see this come into play - and going further at this rate I expect another merger of two events or skipping one of them due to the time constraints.

I highly appreciate the recent efforts into conveying the vast amounts of work that goes into what the playerbase may deem as simple - no question the dev team is hard at it with their voluntary time.

That being said - if the game development team (Pasta) is overworked and burnt out, and failing to deliver immediate promises, shouldn't efforts be made by admins to recruit more Game Developers?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    What can get merged/skipped is a non-patch event with a patch event nowadays, which is what is happening now. What's been taking long is that "July" patch.

It's annoying, but it's still this coming into play.

We are working on splitting the workload differently, yes; although that will take a bit of time, because I need to teach to whoever will be handling different tasks how those are done. I'm not burnt out, though.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Sorry for the double post, but, reading the first post in this thread again, I realize I might have worded the patch splitting concept in a way that's not clear enough.

When I talk about "separating Event patches and Content patches", I mean that we changed the way we view and organize these two types of patch from the planning phase; while, before, our planning for each event patch would automatically include all the balancing, new content, and tweaks/bugfixes we wanted to push during the season, now we moved these parts to separate patches, and the event patches are solely focused on an event release.
    The main difference is that, if a content patch takes too long to be worked on, risking to overlap with the next event and delay it too much, we can simply put it aside for the post-event downtime period, and instead release the event in time. Events are few and spread enough that this is not a matter for them.
    This coming content patch includes a lot of necessary work for the challenge system, plus some long-overdue changes, that we didn't want to delay.

In hindsight, yes, we should have paused this and went for the summer event first, which I guess is a mistake I'll be learning from, but now that the patch is almost ready, we'll take the hit and just release it all together.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    5:28 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    deep breathing

17. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I can be your mini developer Pasta. I can edit wz files. I do anything u want Uwu.

u want a crystal ilbi nx cover? Already got that one ready to be imported just give me your go

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. AlidelaC

AlidelaC Slime

Aug 12, 2023
    Male
    Cancun, Mx.
    6:28 PM
    InnerArmour
    Shadower
    Matrix
    Hey Pasta

Can u help me fixing a bug From the quest of Broker Han in Magatia ? I can't complete the quest, even when it says that is completed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    You should make a post under report bugs instead.

• Agree Agree x 1