1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Upgrade Curve Be Changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bienfu, Sep 5, 2023.

1. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    10:48 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Agree with these, as gear is pretty trivial past 2b mesos if your goal is 30 man PB. Speaking from experience, participating in endgame content is gated more by how well you know hosts or if you know enough people to host yourself. Sane players won't grind against the wall of progression because there is literally nothing waiting for them behind it, apart from any personal goal/satisfaction. You can also just Gelt if you want to 18 man PB without better gear, as it's basically tacking on a perfect weapon and expensive cape.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:48 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Post your gear so we can use real life examples of your ideations instead of theoretical scenarios that you’re arguing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Also post your general methods of generating mesos and your expenses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    8:48 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It's kind of bad taste that rather than acting like a mature mutual middle ground and adding constructive comments to the conversation as NiseNise has some staff members instead choose to instead fuel the useless, sarcastic comments that generally derail these threads.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You guys are asking for help but not cooperating with the helpers lol.

6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It's a never ending arguement that will continue to be brought up until the end of time. lol.

Mid gamers say there's a problem
    Echo mains say there is no problem
    ????
    nothing changes

8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Because the only thing that needs changing is your attitude.

How socially inept or unaware do you have to be to see even staff breaking character due to your insufferable behavior and still have the audacity to claim victim. Lmao

Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    I mean, I consider myself pretty mid. I've been using the same gear since lv 160 except for getting lucky on the first cape I made. The other equip gear is actually like just on par with what kiwiz mentioned. I'm washed just slightly better than HP washing challenges. Yet, I still go on 18 mans (inb4 kicked from 18 mans). That's why I feel that you don't HAVE to get perfect gear, because everything you can do in the game is perfectly fine without it.

Actually thinking about it more, I'm probably carried by the likes of ovv, big rat, and MANY others.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Lets point fingers at eachother for the next 2 days hows that sound

11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Except we’re not arguing on same terms. We’re pointing fingers at you. You’re pointing fingers at everybody but yourself.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I've said this many time before but in most cases as long as you do your role in the fight well and are generally well-liked, it's usually not an issue having slightly lower DPM, and in something like PB the Apples are doing most of the work anyways. It's not being carried if you're still contributing your fair share to the run, and it's more fun running with friends rather than only looking for whoever is the most geared.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    9:48 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    Not true, chu army too strong at PB

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Don't tell Mard but I forgot to equip my claw on Monday and was using a craven. Didn't matter. Apples are OP.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:48 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    On a bit of a tangent of this the slight powercreep this server has had helps alleviate this issue decreasing the gap between new and established players.

The equips that were introduced with NT1/2 and Pink Bean have been great to this end, thoughI don't see much more of this on the horizon which could lead to a stale environment where people start chaosing the wildest stuff because there's nothing better to work on.

Basically big bang bong bam type of powercreep is bad but you do want to keep people be able to work on something.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    4:48 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yeah you are right actually, I shouldn't and I'm sorry.
    However, I'm usually already not too serious of a type on these public threads and then fact that people have been trying to advise certain players for over half a year but they simply refuse to take in any sort of advice but still have the audacity to make these kind of absurd requests on the forums from time to time doesn't always brings out the best in me.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  17. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Looks like somebody forgot their "speaking as a player, not member of staff" shield at home.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  18. pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters
    If someone genuinely believes that getting a 7 att cape and 14 att gloves is a "wall", I'm sorry to say I think you're unfortunately playing the wrong game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    no the top 10-20% of players controls the market

20. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I still don't understand after all of these pages what hitting the wall even locks you out of. A person is bound to get locked out of content for being unlikeable and a bit of a twat before gear even gets mentioned. HP and class choice are also going to kill your chances long before they hear that you only have an icky 13 att yellow marker(they might forgive you if it's a brown work glove) and 7 att cape.

And even if it is made easier to progress - that 16 att gloves become the new 14, and 10 attack capes becomes the new 8 - then what's stopping people from whinging that they've now hit a wall and the game now needs new balancing because it's gotten too difficult to progress?

I also find it funny that the solution is to devalue the items folks richer than mid game players possess, rather than devalue their own items to let people into the middle class. So instead I propose we add an NPC shop with 250mil 14 att gloves and a 250mil 7 att cape. This way people have a way to enter the mid game that isn't blocked off by the big meanies in the end game.

• Creative Creative x 1