1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vikin's Treasure CHALLENGE QUEST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zaxuwu, Sep 12, 2023.

1. zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    4:02 PM
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    Has anyone finished the entirety of the Vikin's Treasure questline? I am currently on the step with Wing the Fairy and the mushroom, and im lost on how to progress

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:02 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The questline is amazing, you can probably check your quest log for a hint on where to go next.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    it says i have to get a mushroom from somewhere around ellinia before talking to wing the fairy. i dont understand if im meant to be randomly roaming around maps in ellinia looking for spots to click on, or is the item a drop from a mob? i at least appreciate when the quest told me to specifically hunt red drake for a drop, some of this stuff is a bit too esoteric or vague for me to come to conclusions without help

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    its the highest spot in ellinia

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    i ended up finding it in the ellinia region, thank you for the direction. tbh it would probably be helpful if someone made a guide for this questline, these quest directions are a bit too vague on their own

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It's the experience man, would be a shame to have it spoiled FoxTongue

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Can we, for once, enjoy the mystery of a fresh questline without reaching for a guide immediately? :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    I enjoy the aspect of getting characterization from the NPCs via the questline, big fan of the side stories and using the established Victoria NPCs to create a story

however I dont enjoy the aspect of aimlessly wandering looking for areas to click on, I would definetly prefer more if there was hard directions rather than vague descriptions but thats just me personally

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    that being said, i will probably end up making the guide myself by the time im finished with the quest assuming theres no guide out by then

• Like Like x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    update: finished out the part of the questline that required getting all the Potion ingredients. however, the quest now seems bugged. After learning about Arel from Wing the Fairy, it is telling me to go bring the ingredients to Sophia in Perion. However, when I do this, it redirects me to get a book from Jay. When I visit Jay to get the book, it says he is too focused on his books to give me anything. So now these two quests are directing towards each other, with neither showing any option of progressing

11. OP
    OP
    zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    here are screenshots of my current progress and the progression loop im running into. not asking for anyone opinions on the quest, just looking for answers on how to finish it

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. OP
    OP
    zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    update again: apparently youre meant to search jay's library for another book at this point. it is to the right of him

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    zaxuwu

zaxuwu Slime

Jul 17, 2021
    zaxuwu
    Hero
    P erion
    I ended up finishing the quest. It was meant to give me a 5,000,000 meso reward, however im not sure if i actually got the reward from the quest as i believe you might be meant to click on the actual option to get the meso in the dialouge box. I closed the dialouge box so im not sure if i actually got the meso reward, but the questline is at least completed for now

14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Since it's the final testing phase of these two tiers there's no actual rewards yet other than the exclusive NX weapon cover at the end of it!

15. GenyaX

GenyaX Blue Snail

Sep 13, 2023
    Male
    3:02 PM
    GenyaX
    Bishop
    Requiem
    Excuse me, who can I start the missions with? im bishop lvl 131

16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Talk to Rosa in Lith Harbor

17. Tsunderelly

Tsunderelly Red Snail

Apr 24, 2020
    Female
    1:02 PM
    Tsunderelly
    Beginner
    I am having such a hard time right out of the gate with the first quest; A Suspicious Figure. I've been trying everything for the last 3 hours in the Kerning swamps...clicking everything, killing everything, holding the NPC talk button, holding up on all parts of the maps, all the secret portals. Even dropping 10 mesos coins everywhere to see if anything will appear! Any hints would be appreciated. I appreciate the novelty of a new quest but this one is on another level of obscure (or maybe I am just overthinking?). Thanks!

18. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I agree the first part is too obscure, thankfully that's the worst offender. Check the second sewer map around the right side portal.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Tsunderelly

Tsunderelly Red Snail

Apr 24, 2020
    Female
    1:02 PM
    Tsunderelly
    Beginner
    Thank you so much!!! I was able to do the rest of the quests without issue (although as a mage; I did cheat a bit in the library room...). It was a really well made quest and I enjoyed it all except for that first bit. o/ happy mapling.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Considerada

Considerada Snail

Sep 23, 2023
    3:02 PM
    Beginner
    What things are for Sofia's potion?
    upload_2023-9-22_19-28-33.png