1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Dk's Sacrifice use 1 motion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Windysoft, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Windysoft

Windysoft Blue Snail

Nov 16, 2022
    Male
    5:23 PM
    Windysoft
    Dark Knight
    Nobody uses this skill cuz it is nothing better than dragon crusher.
    Needs to be set to activate in 1 motion, thrust for spear, smack down for pole arm.
    If it's too OP, decreasing damage or costing more HP would be fine.
    I would like to use diverse skills, have different options to playout, adding more tension to gameplay. And also it just feels great to watch the visuals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    1:23 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I don't think we have to worry about sacrifice being too OP

The different animations is pretty troll, it's not even worth using in some fights cuz you might miss due to RNG.

I'm also not a fan of how it reduces your HP based on the amount of damage it deals - imo it's the exact opposite of how you'd want it to interact with Zerk. Ideally it drops your HP faster when you're full HP, and slower when you're already low. Or just does a flat % amount, and

Ideally the cost is applied on-cast, not on-hit - like Roar.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    3:23 AM
    While I agree that the different animations can be annoying, sacrifice has already been changed to take a flat % of your HP. Taken from the skill-changes thread: upload_2023-10-5_17-56-31.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:23 AM
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    [​IMG]

5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    4:23 AM
    iPippy
    When you first look at sacrifice, it has some promise. It attacks quickly by normal dk standards, provides a way to chip off a touch of hp when roar may be too slow or shave off too much hp, and even comes with IED, to boot. It feels like it was designed as a skill which should have been a cornerstone of both dk damage and hp management. But between slash:stab ratio shenanigans (why do only warriors have to deal with this?) and how zerk interacts with se, I doubt the math even works out to make using it explicitly to lower your hp a net gain compared to other hp lowering methods or even simply not bothering in the first place. Even the IED is niche, and likely not enough of a boost for a high base range class outside of maybe... pb off apple? I don't have a dk atm to follow up on napkin maths tho.

Both dk and hero have long needed separation of single target and cleave damage to become balanceable classes (even more than doubling down on zerk imo), and sacrifice could have been that answer for dk. Other portions of the kit would've likely needed fine tuning to properly design such a sacrifice-centric style, but hey, we've already shown it possible to make such changes.

Tl;dr sacrifice is not the skill dks deserve, but it's the skill they need.

• Agree Agree x 1