1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we have a gachapon redistribution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chew, May 30, 2015.

Should we have a gachapon redistribution?

1. Yes, Items should be redistibuted as mob drops, and gachapon should be removed entirely.

25 vote(s)
    30.1%
  2. Yes, Items should be redistibuted as mob drops, but gachapon should also stay, to stay true to GMS.

34 vote(s)
    41.0%
  3. No, gachapon shall stay as it is, and items shall not be distributed as mob drops.

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    2:34 PM
    Beginner
    I agree, poll options aren't perfect. That's why I made this thread.
    So I would just encourage everyone to pick whatever is closest to your opinion, the poll answers is in no way final, and are not official in any way. This thread is just about forming a general opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    1:34 PM
    Liam
    Warrior
    Not criticising you at all mate. This thread has been very important to properly voice peoples opinions and the options you chose are the most commonly aired opinons and as broad as possible I just meant in the future poll we have we will have more options than the current as hopefully everyone will have given their view.l

3. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Yeah, I understand :D
    And yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Hopefully a mod will make the next thread, with more specific options sometime in the future.

4. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    7:34 AM
    Beginner
    -
    Can we have 1 giant gach item pool that has been stream lined with scrolls, rare items, and 5-50k mesos rolls to fill a lot of the blank spaces to make "rares" rare?

5. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    This sounds way more boring than the current system if that's even possible XD Holy shit, imagine just using tickets in the exact same lottery every single day, you cant even go anywhere else to get different items, that would be horrible :D This dosn't solve the game play problem either where you are just getting stuff for free and theres no sense of achievement, and no rewards for actually playing either.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  6. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    -
    For the most part its a "reward" for voting. As a lot of people wouldn't vote after they have gotten what they desire from the shop w/o a use for it. By making 1 item pool you can easily balance resolving the 2nd issue you state. 50k, a pretty useless scroll and a slim chance of something worth value wouldn’t be game breaking. Also, isn’t there "no sense of achievement" making how it is now still boring???

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Enough arguing about the poll, discuss the topic instead.

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Once again, cut off the poll arguing. We will not decide our thing by polls anyways, we need a DISCUSSION.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  9. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    1:34 PM
    Liam
    Warrior
    I just want to know how the poll is bias which a lot of the discussion is based around.

10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The problem is that it derails the topic completely, especially when you're arguing with someone that doesn't end up agreeing with you anyways and keep point silly things into the topic that derails the ideas you guys have.

Anywho, we are already heavily discussing Gach right now, but I can't give too much info yet because nothing is decided yet.

11. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    -
    \
    I hate OT post... so you just think you’re better then us or something?!? ;)
    IAS, I really don't have much experience in this server so I cannot add my opinion on the problems I see in gach. I can only try to help create a solution based off the problems people are posting

12. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    3:34 PM
    Sean
    i will say it again, BUFF CLASS BASED GACHA's for example: luk scrolls in kerning (top, ear) shinobis in kerning, fans claw,dagger 30's in kerning, random high lvl claws and daggers also.
    Ele wands in ellinia, all int scrolls dark or not in ellinia, wand & staff 30's in ellinia random staffs and wands in ellinia.

and so on for other gacha's BUT how will the buff will be in effect, there will be no rare items xcept maybe couple of them so you have an equal chance to obtain an ele wand from ellinia as much as you do to 3 shitty elixirs. Just keep the pools of the current gacha's add some sweet items that are hunted upon to class based gachas ina good rate and whoever wants them can have a high chance to obtain them there. That would breakup the shrine scroll clusterfuck imo and we will see a higher item variety in the market.

13. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:34 PM
    This is too common. Statless equipments should be rare jackpot gachas, the stronger the rarer. At this rate going to Ellinia will flood the market with wands.

14. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    3:34 PM
    Sean
    it was an example dont take it literally i said keep some things as rare jackpots, idc if its wands or not

15. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:34 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    +1
    It'd be great if people had to gach at a different gach depending on their need at that moment. Of course, i'd prefer the rewards were rare though

16. NuclearCow

NuclearCow Mano

Mar 3, 2015
    Male
    8:34 AM
    Adding gach items as mob drops wouldn't do anything. No one cares about hard work. If it can be farmed, ill farm the shit out of it and people will complain about me without thinking of the amount of time I've put in. Plus let's be real, no one in these threads is qualified enough to determine which mobs should drop what and at what rates. We could wing it and make changes as we go but people would still complain about people before/after the changes have an advantage.

I believe all that should be done is that all the gachapons be balanced out and that we as players help other players understand that there isn't just one op place to gach anymore so that everyone branches out a bit.

Mob drops may also make people feel less of a need to gach. Then, perhaps they may vote less. Or perhaps you'd see a lot more hp washers on the server since they realize they can just buy a presets with their nx and just farm any gach items they want. Do you want to see a server where no one needs hb anymore?

Remember, I don't know wtf I'm talking about either f2. This is all speculation out of fear of great change in a system. It can be good but it can also be bad

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I suggest you read a guide on HP washing, you need very good int gear as a thief/bowman/corsair to actually wash, and a single ap reset still costs 3,1k nx each. It would take more than half a year of only buying resets to get anywhere near the amount of hp needed to take a horntail hit without HB.
    And yes, warriors can get a very high amount of washes in easily since they only need a tiny bit of int to wash, but they can already take a hit without HB so that wouldn't make any difference.

Also, in that sentence your saying two things, 1 that people will vote less, but somehow everyone is still going to HP wash? How does that work out? Where are they gonna get NX for HP washing if it's not from voting?
    And I think making HP washing a tiny bit easier by making people able to dedicate their tiny amounts of NX to buying expensive resets, is a good thing, if we ever want to see horntail defeated in the next few years.

You can call it farming and suddently everyone is afraid it's gonna be a loot fest. I don't think the GMs would allow that, I'm sure they are gonna make sure nothing drops too often or are too easily farmable.
    Thing is, most mobs are not even being killed as of right now, and adding drops to the less killed mobs would give the server much diversity, which we really need.
    The GMs are not asking us what exact rates we want, I'm sure they are gonna decide that themselves.

About branching out gachapon: Gachapon is still a horribly boring feature that's dominating the market making good stuff worthless, so I don't think it's the way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NuclearCow

NuclearCow Mano

Mar 3, 2015
    Male
    Making hp washing easier isn't a good thing. Horntail isn't going to take years. Making drop rates so low that people don't bother farming is the same as changing nothing.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:34 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hiya, I would agree that there probably isn't any perfect location for any scroll, like a 100% correct place that anything belongs. But the same concept applies to other items and scrolls as well. Why is it that certain mobs only drop certain gears and certain scrolls and ores? Is there any rhyme or reason to it, or is it just that, aside from very loose level guidelines based on the mob's level, it all seems completely random? I think that for the most part where we put the scrolls won't matter as they are spread out evenly enough to various mobs that people normally pay little if any attention to.

20. NuclearCow

NuclearCow Mano

Mar 3, 2015
    Male
    My problem isn't so much the specifics (though of course I don't think certain items like a pgc should be put in low level mobs). Tbh making things drop from mobs benefits me more than anyone on the server. I just don't think it's good for the server. I am very much in favor of rewarding hard work and time put in. I believe mob drops would make people progress faster and that's not a good thing at all. People have already openly shown annoyance at some of the good stuff I've made (this is why I don't show my gear to everyone) and being able to farm what I want only let's me do what I want faster.