1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

AP/SP Reset Scroll Functionality Change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yangsider, Nov 1, 2023.

1. yangsider

yangsider Snail

Jun 13, 2020
    Male
    5:44 AM
    Genisis
    Priest
    I’m not sure if this has already been mention. But when you use an AP or SP reset scroll. The process wants you to first take out the points from that location and second put it onto a new location. If this whole process isn't completed then the scroll isn’t going to be used up.

Would it be possible to just take away the second part of the process? I find it tedious to do 2 parts just to be able to use up my scroll. And also sometimes I want to save those points just in case I want to use a weaker spell that consumes less mp when selling leech.

And if it’s not possible I would love to hear the ups and down of this idea. Thanks for reading!

2. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    2:44 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    So what is your suggestion exactly?

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigbandit

bigbandit Blue Snail

Jul 15, 2023
    Crossbowman, Bandit
    Sounds like he wants to Use Reset -> have point restored to AP/SP pool that can sit unallocated. However, HP/MP stats are separate from main stat so they can't share the unallocated pool

4. PreistestSky

PreistestSky Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    lets take the bishop for example as thats what i know best. form what i understand of what they are asking it would let me do the following.
    if my gene skill is maxxed then i could take as many points out of it as i have sp scrolls and have them saved as if i hadnt spent any points. meaning i could downgrade myself back to a cheaper version of gene without having to put those points elsewhere. and then since those points are saved i dont have to use a second round of SP scrolls to take those point back out of wherever i put them to remax my gene.

5. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    2:44 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I don't see an issue with this for SP, but for AP it turns assigned AP into "fresh AP" which has implications for washing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PlaceHolder

PlaceHolder Mushmom

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    6:44 AM
    GiantDad
    Warrior
    As far as this uninitiated person knows, there isn't any way to distinguished what SP points in your pool is supposed to "belong" to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th job.
    This means that if the suggestion were to pass, you could just take SP points away from 1st job and dump them into 4th job.

As a sidenote, I'm pretty sure 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Job Advancement just checks if you're a high enough level with enough total SP spent (61/182/333 points spent for non-mages)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PreistestSky

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    that could be the fix already. have it setup so that you can remove 1st job SP but if you dont have enough SP in job 1 then you cant spend any points in jobs 2, 3 & 4. and this way if you regret spending some points from a higher job into a lower one you can undo it.

9. PlaceHolder

PlaceHolder Mushmom

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    6:44 AM
    GiantDad
    Warrior
    I will point out that it's possible to "SP Wash" in probably every version of Maplestory, in which you can take points from an early Job and put them into points up to your previous Job.
    This means that:
    • 3rd Jobbers can put fresh SP points into 2nd Job, reset points from 1st Job with a 3rd Job SP Reset, and put those into 3rd Job.
    • 4th Jobbers can put fresh SP points into 3rd Job, reset points from 1st or 2nd Job with a 4th Job SP Reset, and put those into 4th Job.
    For example, a Level 200 character will usually have their SP distribution be:
    1st Job - 61
    2nd Job - 121
    3rd Job - 151
    4th Job - 243

But a character who SP washed along the way could have their SP distribution be:
    1st Job - 20
    2nd Job - 111
    3rd Job - 202
    4th Job - 243

If this post were to become true, then every player who has SP Washed will invariably have their character fucked, because they don't have enough points in their previous jobs from SP Washing, and I don't think there's any way to shift SP from an early job to an earlier one.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. PreistestSky

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    this is the first i am hearing of SP washing. logically i dont even understand how you could end job 1 with less SP than normal as you cant promote your job without first spending all your points. and the SP resets currently to my knowledges cant put points into a higher job.