1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gachapon *problem*

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by paulkot, May 31, 2015.

1. paulkot

paulkot Red Snail

May 25, 2015
    Male
    7:09 PM
    Magician
    Because i have heard many people say that Gachapon is very overpowered now i received a suggestion in my shower of thoughts that possibly you can make the Gachapon items untradeable or only account bound so can be traded to account characters. just a suggestion

2. Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    1:09 AM
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    But then you will hardly be able to get certain scrolls. I don't plan on making a mage, what will I do with future dark scrolls for INT / Staff / Wand?

3. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    6:09 PM
    No thank you.

There is no "crisis." Everyone needs to calm down.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    7:09 AM
    Depends on what you define crisis as, but I feel that some items in gach are way too common. Although I don't think this might be a good solution as there would be nothing much to put into the FMs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    If you'd do that a market crisis will surely develop anyway.

I have seriously yet to see any form of 'crisis' to be honest...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    yeah, it's only a freemarket full of worthless equips, who cares... OnionWhatever

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    4:09 PM
    NSFW
    people are blowing this way out of proportion, there is no crisis and i would argue that there's not even a problem.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:09 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So supposing these gash items were made untradable, what are mages supposed to do with shield watk scrolls? And what are warriors supposed to do with ele wands? Making them bound to account or some nonsense will only completely destroy the economy.

9. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    There's no crisis. The reason I believe that people noticed the surplus in gach items was because we had a burst in member count and activity.

This server has been open two months and it's member count and activity has constantly been going up. In fact from what I saw there was a huge increase in activity from online people. It was 120/130. And then jumped to 150 and then 170. And then we saw a 200 member online count. Summer is coming up which means more members. More people more gach. The fact that it was so quick, in my opinion, was what caught the economy off guard. While there was still supply and demand, there was more supply than demand because so many scrolls are given through gach. Too many imo and only a certain few gach locations are over used (shrine being the prime example)

The level increase for gach was very beneficial. More time required to gach will slow down all of this. But I foresee more issues and another possible level cap in the future. My reason:

Nx hoarding.

People hoard nx before joining a server. I've seen it done before. They vote on several sites and don't actually commit until they have a hoard of nx.

There is a post somewhere of someone who isn't actually going to play until they have 500k nx. Do you honestly think he's the only one?

When the servers age hits a certain point, those people will start to come out and it will take a HUGE hit on the economy. I have no solutions for this besides a nx limit per account of like 100k. There is no reason to hoard nx by anything more. Gach is the main nx sink hole and 30k can be spent on that alone in one bundle. No one needs 500k nx worth of gach in one blow. I'd go so far to say that 100k nx is plenty.

Unreadable gach is a no-go. I mean items like branch nose I guess but still I'm against.

You could also set a limit to how many times someone can gach a day? Perhaps according to their level range (not seeing this and don't think its a great idea, only making the higherevels more advantageous) Or mayb per day per gach location to make other gach used more?

10. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    6:09 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Nein. All these suggestions that talk about limiting transactions/items in favor of a healthier economy must know absolutely nothing about economics.

The higher the velocity of the meso, (the more transactions that are made) the healthier the economy.

11. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    We don't want too many scrolls in circulation not only cause of economy but because of the circulation of better equipment. Having good equips is good and all but if it's like handing it to someone because there are just that many, that hurts the game overall.

12. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Due to the fact that there is no way to differentiate the origin of an item, and an untradeable status would apply to an item regardless of origin, this would not be possible without negative repercussions (e.g. a scroll that comes from either gachapon, a quest, or a mob drop would both be untradeable). Cash shop storage also only works for cash items. We are however, looking into ways (and through the many, many threads about the issue) to make the value of gachapons in different areas more evenly distributed.

13. Pebbs

Pebbs Master Chronos

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    England
    12:09 AM
    Pebbs
    Bishop
    Dalmascus
    Does this mean custom gachapons? :O

14. OP
    OP
    paulkot

paulkot Red Snail

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Magician
    I have a good idea maybe make the scrolls and stuff received from gachapon untradeable but add the scissors of karma in the cash shop so they have to spend more money to get them off their inventory maybe.

15. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    5:09 PM
    Beginner
    I dont understand why people think gach is like a meso dispenser, who the hell is buying all of your pumpkins pies?

16. OP
    OP
    paulkot

paulkot Red Snail

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Magician
  17. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    7:09 AM
    People actually do buy pumpkin pies. They are similar to grilled cheese, and I've sold all the pies I've got.