1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Dunas 1's level to 168

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by asdsaou, Nov 26, 2023.

Should we adjust Dunas 1's level to be in line with the other Neotokyo bosses in the questline?

1. Yes! Change it to 168!

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No! Keep it as it is!

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Yes! We should also consider lowering the levels of other Neotokyo bosses to increase accessibility!

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    11:35 AM
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    Here are the levels of the Neotokyo bosses in order of the questline:

Bergamot - 168
    Dunas 1 - 174
    Nibelung - 168
    Nameless Beast - 174
    Dunas 2 - 176
    Core Blaze - 178
    Aufheben - 180

While most bosses naturally scale in their level as the questline progresses, Dunas 1 is the outlier, being 6 levels above the previous and the next boss in the questline.

My suggestion: Drop the level from 174 to 168 to make it consistent with Bergamot and Nibelung.

The intended result: Increase the pool of available runners for Dunas 1 to include characters between levels 163-168.

Other thoughts: It may also make sense to consider changing Bergamot's level. There's an 8 level gap between 155 (Horntail) and 163 (Neotokyo) in which no new bosses are available. For many who can't commit to long horntail runs (usually 2-3h), the 18 level gap between the next available shorter-length boss fight (Jiaoceng at 145) and Neotokyo at 163 can feel substantial.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    9:35 PM
    Beginner
    its more avoiding the problem then fixing it, proper solution should be to add more bosses between level 140-160.
    lowering NT bosses level will come with nerfs in exp and drops and we all know that NT bosses are not worth doing already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    11:35 AM
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    Adding more bosses would require a significant effort from the dev team. Whereas, changing the level of Dunas would require changing a single integer value. They're not mutually exclusive either. You can lower the level of NT content and add new bosses.

I don't see why they would nerf the exp and drops. It's not like the stats of the bosses are changing. We're just allowing lower-level players to run the content and receive a proper exp reward for the effort.

As for whether they're worth doing or not, the statistics on "Player Entry Per Day" from the February 2023 Balance Changes would suggest otherwise. Dunas 1, Dunas 2 and Nibelung run rates are low, but the changes from September 2023 Balance Changes should have greatly improved QoL of these runs, and likely increased run rates since.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:35 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I don't think nt1 is bad at all, but it could definitely be better, and I agree about new bosses

5. Golboy

Golboy Red Snail

Aug 9, 2022
    Male
    9:35 PM
    MrYoni
    Dark Knight
    I actually think that bergamot should be lower lvl to allow players at lower lvls access, lvl 163 feels quite high, dunas should be lowered as well.

I think the jump in bosses from around lvl 135 to lvl 163 feels lacking, so lowering those bosses to around 150 should create more content for lower lvl players, while the higher NT bosses provide more content for higher lvl players.

It should be noted that at 155 ht and cwkpq can be hard to find and need long time to complete.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    8:35 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I'm fairly ambivalent about changing the levels of other NT bosses to make them more accessible, 163ish range feels like a nice midpoint to bridge the gap from Zak/Krex/CWK/HT to Toad/Auf/PB.

However, Dunas1 being 174 feels very random and unnecessary. I'm in favor of reducing that to 168 to be in line with Bergamot and Nib.

• Agree Agree x 1