1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Instant tele all players to Cwkpq Bonus.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Subterlabor, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    9:29 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    With the new changes to bonus with time being even more tight, and difference between ping/internet speed/lag affecting players I propose a small change.

When someone from the pre bonus map (between boss map and bonus) enters the bonus room, ALL players on that map should be instantly teleported to the bonus stage.

This stops (atleast minimizes) rookie players botching the entire bonus stage, and gives a better playing field to everyone rather than waiting on the map timer/blue text. Where as before it might have only caused minor issues, with tighter times in bonus this could cost all runners their boxes, and induce an unhealthy amount of toxicity into Cwkpq as newer (unexperienced) players explore the content and inevitably make mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    6:29 PM
    Endorphins
    i have a better idea!
    revert the unnecessary bonus nerfs.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    8:29 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    IMO coordinating with your party is a difficulty that belongs in PQs

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Not when it costs me my money :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    11:29 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    If you aren't breaking boxes, did you really lose out? hmmmmm

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    11:29 PM
    i think this is a good suggestion. all chars could be teleported to the middle of the bonus map.
    can u make this an official suggestion?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    oh Im unsure how to even do that lol. I thought we shout into the wind and hope a mod reads it

8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:29 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    It's a thread posted in the suggestions section, how much more official can it get?
    (Unless it was moved after previously not being in the suggestions subforum)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    [QUOTE ="Subterlabor, post: 355754, member: 57061"]oh Im unsure how to even do that lol. I thought we shout into the wind and hope a mod reads it[/QUOTE]
    I think he means for u to add the 'middle of the bonus map' into ur suggestion.

10. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    sorry. i meant to the middle of the map because it is just not fair to whoever that got rolled top right. the changes to apq bonus were fine because every spot seems to have decent number of boxes to hit.
    in cwk, the dude that misses a jump to top right, would probably fail to hit 50% of his boxes. rip.

11. mikeyatb

mikeyatb Blue Snail

Sep 18, 2021
    Male
    SmileHero
    Beginner
    Really not a fan of the CWKPQ bonus changes, main reason I ran was actually for a bit of NX while bossing and to help friends who needed pirate pin, now even on 4-5mans (which I'd say are the norm?) I'd be forced to have a pet w/ item loot to get my boxes, and pray you don't roll top right / miss a jump.

If nerfing EV of the expedition was the goal (which feels odd as it was one of the few high EV non farming content), nothing feels worse than missing a box, i'd rather have changes reverted and slightly decreased drop rates.

12. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    Why decrease drop rate? It was completely fine until now
    Just undo this unjustified change that no one asked for

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    5:29 PM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    I completely agree that the spawnpoint should be in the middle now.
    However, I find it funny how in the meantime people feel entitled to being able to opening all boxes when they run with less people than the content is intended for. Should a 3-4 man be able to open all boxes? I dont believe they should. But Im sure thats a controversial opinion.

14. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    But who is to say how many people the content is intended for? ML is not GMS, with the quality of gear that's easily available on this server there would be no challenge in the game if players were not pushing the boundaries on # of attackers for content. Everything in this game, my Hero fulfills its role mostly AFK and completely naked; CWK was the one exception where it felt like investing 197 lvs and 5k+ coins on a cleaver made any difference.

The investment cost on 2/3-man CWK is higher than 6-man HT yet the rewards are now gated behind the hardest boss fight in the game
    [Challenge: maintain 97% DPM efficiency on bonus boxes while looting multiple platforms and also don't DC or crash or else you get nothing (impossible)]

I think if the tables were turned and it were HT's rewards that came out of bonus boxes, people would be rightfully flipping out

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    Apparently working hard enough to get goodr gear so I'll be able to run content in a way that i want is entitlement
    Hilarious

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. Cornwall

Cornwall Master Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Damn... I'm sorry for your loss. Hope all is well!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I see no reason why CWKPQ has to be gatekept. If you trio a single HT you're entitled to roughly 50mil splits. If you solo a couple zakums you're also entitled to like 50mil in loot. But god forbid you do a couple 3man cwkpq's as now you are no longer entitled to the full 20 boxes and ~50mil loot from them.

Hero and DK are the true victims of every patch. It's wacky to see them lose viability every single time with constant nerfs and no meaningful buffs, especially to their one viable endgame.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Idek how you opened them all pre nerf i tried 3 man once or twice when a cleave crashed or something and I lost boxes every single time

19. ThuMay26

ThuMay26 Slime

May 26, 2022
    12:59 AM
    Poach
    Thief
    People run 3-4man cwkpq for the same reason you join 6man ht instead of 12man ht.