1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make meso guard cost more; in line with pot cost increase and meso sink

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TORONTOTOKYO, Nov 27, 2023.

Yay or Nay

1. Yay

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Nay

40 vote(s)
    85.1%
  1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    4:18 AM
    Ya do that and revert star recharge cost to vanilla. Sounds fair?

2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:18 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Refer back to my first sentence.

3. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    I read. It was not a good faith argument.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    hmm, not sure if the calculation is valid. might try once my shad is up. with shifter, iframe, avoid and shield, i dont think it is going to be 11~12 hits per minute, i.e. 1 hit every 5s.
    Then again, 100~200k+ pot cost is quite cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ThuMay26

ThuMay26 Slime

May 26, 2022
    5:48 AM
    Poach
    Thief
    I think OP is bringing up a valid argument and most people who replied here are missing the context.

What OP is saying is that there is a rather large discrepancy in supply cost (including ALL of pots, ammo, magic/summoning rocks) for running content across different classes and perhaps, this is worth a discussion.

For example, here is a list of what it generally costs me to run 2x zak:

Lv18x Shad (15k hp): ~400k (meso guard + 20 ginsengs? + 70 acps + 10 ciders)
    Lv18x BM (13k hp): ~700k (I think around 20k arrows? + 100 ginsengs + 50 acps + 8 ciders)
    Lv14x DrK (30k hp): ~2m (600 sushi? + 70 acps + 10 ciders)
    Lv15x NL (6.5k hp): ~1m (star recharge cost + 50 ice cream pop + 20 elixirs + 50 acps + 15 summoning rocks + 10 ciders)
    Lv18x BS (9k hp): ~1.5m (300 ginsengs + dm scroll)

I know there are level/hp differences among my chars and supply cost can differ depending on content, but I've generally found shads to be extremely economical across pretty much all content. Popular content that shads' pot usage increases due to being melee are JC, nameless and CWKPQ, but it's still less than the star recharge cost of NL's.

Does this require balancing? Should we keep amazing supply economy as part of the strengths of playing a shadower class?

Personally I hope shadowers stay economical because I have a well-leveled shad myself but these are the questions we should be discussing on these forums rather than writing off OP as an NL who just wants to complain.

P.S. Buccs are even more economical than shadowers and I think every ST should consume 1 magic rock and summoning rock each.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    2:18 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Lol how are you using a 15k hp shad for this arguement. Everything is cheaper with butt loads of hp. Doesn't mean we should nerf people who didn't wash to 15-30k hp

7. ThuMay26

ThuMay26 Slime

May 26, 2022
    5:48 AM
    Poach
    Thief
    My supply cost barely changed from the time I had 6k hp on my shad and I actually implied in my post I don't want shadower nerfs because I have a shad myself.

For low hp shads, just change the "ginseng" to "ginger ale" in my original post and you can see the supply cost barely changes since they use so little pots anyway.

Higher hp on shads also means you take a larger meso guard hit whenever you get 1/1'd so it doesn't always lead to lower supply cost.

8. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    10:18 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
  9. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    2:18 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I'd rather nobody get nerfed at all (even you NL's) but this is NerfLegends after all. Some people are too vocal on the forums and don't realize what they ask for until it's too late.

10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:18 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Oh god...you guys won't stop till whole the world burnt down.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    The issue is more because staff specifically wanted to ensure fairness when they increased the pot costs.

Direct quote from staff:
    Off-set the advantages Night Lords will obtain with the increased NLC potion costs: Increased potion costs will not affect all classes equally. Night Lords with their high avoidability and Shadow Shifter will undoubtedly be affected much less, as such compared to Archers and Corsairs.

There is nothing wrong with this justification for recharge increase being higher on NL than other ranged classes.
    Problem is did they forget about buccs and shadowers compared to other non-range?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    1:18 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    It's almost Christmas, the correct stars are Snowballs.

• Agree Agree x 1