1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Give snowman reward on defeat, not timeout

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iPippy, Dec 28, 2023.

1. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:26 PM
    iPippy
    While there are some other suggestions I could make on the snowman, I'd like to let snowman cook a bit longer before changing it. That said, the current reward structure is flawed. There are lower tier rewards for making partial progress on the snowman's 3rd phase, but they are effectively unattainable right now. Virtually 100% of runs will (and should) end with either a defeat or a clear, but the partial rewards are only offered on a timeout. The way that case will realistically happen from a player pov is if squads timer stall on b1 and intentionally aim to not full clear b3. And thats kinda lame.

I don't know how easy it would be to implement from a technical standpoint to give a player rewards the moment they are eliminated based on boss % (there might be some inventory checking shenanigans), or allow rewards to be claimed for the most recent run before you go back in. Regardless, I don't see any opportunity to get the lower rewards without timer stalling.

Overall though, snowman is fun. Hopefully gamers step up once their training is complete.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. mikeyatb

mikeyatb Blue Snail

Sep 18, 2021
    Male
    SmileHero
    Beginner
    Agree, only way to get anything but full clear rewards is effectively afking 1st body, doesn't really make sense.

3. ohdarn

ohdarn Blue Snail

Aug 10, 2023
    Male
    Hero
    Roodolph's text chat seems to conflict with what actually happens in game

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
  5. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Thanks for the feedback, we are aware of both the current difficulty of the Snowman boss and the inability to get Roodolph rewards based on Snowman HP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1