1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

4th Job Warrior Quality of Life? UwU

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TKDumont, Jan 31, 2024.

1. TKDumont

TKDumont Orange Mushroom

Mar 19, 2022
    Male
    Canada
    11:30 PM
    TKDumont
    Hermit
    Chroma
    Weapon Speed for Warrior weapons is weighted pretty heavy for our lovely 4th job Warriors. Meta aside booster only does so much and Everyone obviously loves SI but sometimes Buccs aren't around or the party is full. Would be interesting to see an SI level weapon speed boost added to Active Skills with Cooldowns or Risks like Active Berserk/Enrage/(some Paladin skill i don't know about?)

Just some food for thought, probably would be annoying to implement or OP to implement but Warriors need some love ya know? <3

2. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Sounds interesting and would be good for solo players. But if we did this for "more essential" skills, would that be fair? For example,

Critical chance and damage is weighted pretty heavy for our lovely 4th job Night Lords. Meta aside critical throw only does so much and Everyone obviously loves SE but sometimes bowmen aren't around or the party is full. Would be interesting to see an SE level crit boost added to Active Skills with Cooldowns or Risks like ninja storm/ninja ambush/(some NL skill I don't know about?)

Just some food for thought, probably would be annoying to implement or OP to implement but Night Lords need some love ya know? <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    TKDumont

TKDumont Orange Mushroom

Mar 19, 2022
    Male
    Canada
    TKDumont
    Hermit
    Chroma
    Not Sure if Shit post or not KEKW <3

4. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    It could be a shitpost, but I'm curious why warriors should get special treatment, setting aside any nostalgia reason against it. This doesn't have to just apply to warriors, but why not for MM SI, Corsair SI+SE, bucc SE, NL SE, mage SE? NL in particular just suffers the most without optimal buffs

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:30 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Because warriors are poo poo.

In the past, we could have justified the warrior class placements in low-tier rankings because they were seen as entry-level classes - or classes that were effective without much start up funding or NX - which were best suited for new players. However, with the challenged system coming out allowing new players to pick any class they want, the previous justifications for disparity between the classes have become moot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    TKDumont

TKDumont Orange Mushroom

Mar 19, 2022
    Male
    Canada
    TKDumont
    Hermit
    Chroma
    imo ruling out a couple cleave focused bosses/CWK, and even in some of those 1/3 Warriors aren't "Good Cleaves"(Pally's) Warriors start to fall off meta focused parties. As Dan point out above, one of the key factors for Warriors were Beefy HP Pools but with long traditions of Washing and/or the Challenge System affecting HP Pools overall, Warriors just aren't as enticing as other party Members. Hyper Body is still needed in some content(which is great) or some parties with non/low washed players. But overall Rage isn't needed ever, and Pally afaik brings nothing to parties. DrK's as a whole get punished for playing a playstyle that requires them to be near death for little gains compared to the other 2 warriors.

The argument for Other classes seeing partial buffs like NL with SE, MM with SI, Mage SE, Bucc SE and Corsair SI+SE are of note but every single one of these classes in a non-cleave focused boss would be preferred over warriors. Don't tell NLs but they actually still do Decent damage without SE, MMs without SI still bring SE to the party so they'll get taken, Buccs bring TL and SI to parties and use little to no potions during bosses due to I-Frames, Mages don't need any buffs, Multimaging is already too much of a cancer on the server c^: and i have very little experience with Corsairs but from my basic knowledge are very stronk.

Warriors as a whole are less and less appealing imo. I know Several players that'll mule SI into Zakum or Krex to feel better with themselves.

But it's just food for thought and i'm a big noob <3 will trust more experience players and Balance team with the grander scope of the health of the server UwU

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:30 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I partly agree with what -ovv-ovv said,
    But I would like to see something related to mobility and accuracy after the challenge, perhaps

TKDumontTKDumont
    I have to disagree with several points in your statement, maybe if you're a new player you're not used to it, but yes, hero and dk are better cleaves than paladin in cwk, even out of a sense of justice, but paladin is far from bad there.
    and also, although the paladin doesn't have a skill buff, there will always be room for you as an nt pinner

8. OP
    OP
    TKDumont

TKDumont Orange Mushroom

Mar 19, 2022
    Male
    Canada
    TKDumont
    Hermit
    Chroma
    TKDumontTKDumont
    I have to disagree with several points in your statement, maybe if you're a new player you're not used to it, but yes, hero and dk are better cleaves than paladin in cwk, even out of a sense of justice, but paladin is far from bad there.
    and also, although the paladin doesn't have a skill buff, there will always be room for you as an nt pinner[/QUOTE]

Sorry this was more or less talking about the limited content that Warriors are Recruited/sought after for vs reality. I understand where Warriors are good in Cleave Fights, but it's the other content they start falling off in

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:30 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Sorry this was more or less talking about the limited content that Warriors are Recruited/sought after for vs reality. I understand where Warriors are good in Cleave Fights, but it's the other content they start falling off in[/QUOTE]

Yes, I understand, just to explain a little about

• Like Like x 1
  10. Asanagi

Asanagi Chronos

Sep 16, 2022
    Female
    3:30 PM
    Asanagi
    Bowmaster
    Did this balance team member just suggest a NL buff?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    6:30 AM
    Endorphins
    Move si to heros to fix world hunger

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Would be a massive MM/Corsair nerf.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  13. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    IMO something like this could be cleanly resolved with new items

I had suggested this before to mixed reactions but I'll put it out there again: I really think the meta can support a Fast-4 2H sword higher than lv.35, and IMO there are some compelling reasons for it:
    • Brandish actually has different animations (and sound effects) depending on 1H and 2H. If you just want to chill and grind on your Hero, you either have to deal with slow attacks, SI mule, or having the 1H animation. It doesn't sound like much, but really aesthetics is like the main advantage of Hero. To make an analogy, imagine if you're playing Bowmaster but if you're not using the Crimson Arclancer then your Hurricane is replaced with MM's Strafe. That's pretty much what the Brandish interaction is like
    • Pally's ACB range is based on the weapon. If you've tried to 7F with a 1H sword on a Pally, it sucks. Interesting trivia: Not all swords are equal even if they take the same number of hands, for example Japanese Map has shorter reach than Claymore
    • It doesn't need to be a metabreaking weapon; It can be lv.90 and slot below Claymore/ST on the power scale. Yes, Lionheart does exist, but it's too weak unless you have like 60 bonus w.Att between your Gloves/Cape/Shoes. A ~lv 90 weapon won't change the end game sword market but its niche would be reason enough to farm it
    • It can be a grindable reward from non-meta content

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
  15. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    10:30 PM
    I used the Japanese Map (level 50) to level up in 3rd job when I was grinding my hero.

16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Not only are these previous justifications outdated, they're actively in conflict with the current design of "endgame." The fact that pretty much all endgame bosses are at least somewhat balanced around the expected presence of warriors in the comp (Hero/Paladin in CB/Auf and DrK in PB) means that there should, on some level, be incentive for players to actually make and play these classes. These classes are needed, but as can clearly be seen by any recruitments post or by talking to any host, there's definitely a lack in population in comparison to things like Night Lords.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    As a dark knight there is a couple of things i'd like to see.

First off i think pales and hero's have plenty of weapons that have a faster speed and skill animations than drks. Sure they don't have skills that are beneficial in the late game like rage/hb (sometimes) but overall they should be wrecking balls of dmg for every party, so still very useful to me.

Drk's on the other hand i feel like get somewhat shafted. Yes we got a tweak with zerk, but there's still that grey area where drk's get the higher dmg but slower weapons. The weapons for drks (spear) are usually slow to normal vs pole arm, but there aren't that many content driven pole arm drk's. Maybe give some more breathing room for dry and maybe increase the speed of the base att by a % based on the amount of hp you have. lower the hp, the higher the dmg and slight speed boost. So a slow(7) spear could zerk to a normal speed spear. Something like that.