1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low F1-F7 Emotes Not Working

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by shauncho, Feb 11, 2024.

1. shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    3:54 AM
    shauncho
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Emotes not working after leaving client open for a little while.
    What is supposed to happen?: F1-F7 should work to show the emotes of the character.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: While in Kerning City.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Leave the client on for 20-30 minutes, or perhaps an hour, then try to press F1-F7 for emotes. It stops working after some time passes (not exactly sure how long).
    Extra information (optional):

2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:54 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Use the compressed client that can be found in your installation folder

3. OP
    OP
    shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    shauncho
    Tried using the compressed client. Emotes do not work at all on the compressed client.

4. OP
    OP
    shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    shauncho
    Maybe it's because the face/eyes that I am using do not have emotes registered. The face/eyes that my character has is Sad Innocence. I tried both Compressed & Regular Clients and still no emotes work. I tried from F1-F7.

5. Cabbagehead

Cabbagehead Orange Mushroom

Nov 10, 2021
    6:54 PM
    This one should have emotes. I'd suggest to close and restart your clients until the emotes are working normally. If you have multiple clients running when this happens, close all tabs before restarting any. At least this method works well for me when emotes are broken.

6. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    6:54 AM
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    This bug has been going on for a while now. Not a major issue other than it being annoying you have restart your client. Maybe it won't turn into a major bug, like the input of attacks not working. I've noticed this happening at random. Not every day but every once in a while. Also, not sure what map or the fm, or even the cs that triggers it, but there have been times ill restart the client and my emotes work, but after some time it stops again.

7. OP
    OP
    shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    shauncho
    It doesn't have emotes. I've been trying to use them for a bit. I restarted my client as well a few times, but still same bug.

8. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:54 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Are the emotes still on your keybindings?
    I haven't heard of anyone before where using the compressed client wouldn't solve any effect / emote issues.

9. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    7:54 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Have you tried using them on different keys?

10. OP
    OP
    shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    shauncho
    It started to work randomly on the regular version of the client. Thanks, this issue is solved.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    6:54 AM
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    to me this happened sometime and i have to close the game and open that the only way fix it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    shauncho

shauncho Slime

Jan 25, 2024
    Male
    shauncho
    Yes it stopped working again haha. Probably have to do with coding on the client? Not so sure.