1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon coin usage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chikachi, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Chikachi

Chikachi Blue Snail

Feb 28, 2024
    5:06 AM
    Pewkachi
    Outlaw
    Hi, I'm quite new to MapleLegends and from this event i've gotten so much dragon coins and it feels such a shame there's no other use besides NX cosmetic stuff.
    I was hoping at the end of the event if I could buy the event pots or something out of it since getting pots is kind of rough. Waiting around for people to drop event foods like a peasant it feels bad that theres no other easier ways or getting super lucky with gatcha drops. (I know its the results of trying to get free pots but since I have no way to farm good mesos because mob farming on Gunslinger is rough)

Side note:
    Currently I am playing gunslinger, and i've never played this class before and never knew how rough it was to play this class before 4th class for grinding mobs. I haven't played any pre-bigbang content for ages.

Also:
    Blue Bows

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    4:06 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Bring back anni pot shop : peperiot:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:06 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yesss

4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:06 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    While we might implement some things like anniversary last year, we don't feel like it should be the norm.

The main idea behind cheap cosmetics on a separate currency is so that everyone that likes to dress up is able to do so with relative ease. Even if you don't get to play that much or have lots of characters to prepare for fashionstory.

I understand that it might feel wasteful when you play a lot and have a ton of points leftover but with the current implementation they aren't really meant to be used for other stuff.

Always open to any form of suggestions though how maybe we can make them feel more purposeful without hampering those that want cosmetics but have limited time to play.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    6:06 AM
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    I have over 500 dragon coins. I'm not interested in anything I can buy with them. It's all decorations. At least let me buy consumables or something.

6. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    6:06 AM
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    Just make the decorations less expensive compared to more expensive consumables. That way everyone can play Fashion Story, but players have to really grind for stuff that's actually useful.

7. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    7:06 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    dragon coins.JPG
    A friend of mine suggests exchanging Dragon Coins for Hong Baos at an unfavorable rate. Maybe like 500 points per raffle? Shouldn't affect folks that have less playtime since they're more focused on cosmetics and besides, there are more efficient ways to farm raffles.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. OP
    OP
    Chikachi

Chikachi Blue Snail

Feb 28, 2024
    Pewkachi
    Outlaw
    I wonder if it would be too much work to either a point system for people who grind who wants to get event pots OR add in a completely new currency for people who get rewarded for the grind. I'm not too sure having and exchange would be a good system either like ex. trade dragon coins for a new currency/points to buy some stuff from hong bao drop list. I feel like this would be more nicer just because you wont feel like you'll miss out on any of the gatcha items because you got bad rng.

I know its rough to find a good balance because people who have been playing the game would get more rewards but people who are new kinda have a rough time getting even half the amount of rewards for grinding.

They nerfed the hong baos for a reason if anything i feel like 750 or 1000 coins for a hongbao would be better but also may or may not crash the market again because its rewarding end game players.

This is just a point of view from a newer player, I started playing early Feb so I have not seen any other events prior to this one to have a refence of how events works.

9. Amyst

Amyst Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    Amyst
    Night Lord
    Lore
    In pursuit of love: (1 love letter each)
    [​IMG]

In pursuit of wealth: (2500 dragon coins each, purely cosmetic)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    wtf ahaha

11. Spectree

Spectree Horny Mushroom

Jun 14, 2022
    7:06 PM
    Maybe allow them to be traded for speed/jump stuffs, like the Soccer fever, which is already NXable with cheap price.

Or cosmetic comsumables like those tranforming potions.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  12. Juneriffic56

Juneriffic56 Slime

Feb 4, 2023
    Female
    4:06 AM
    JuneBleep
    Hero
    Funk
    Even if its like 500 event coins per pack or so, being able to buy TP Cokes in particular would be pog af

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:51 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Unrelated to the topic but I am glad that the dev team made cosmetics grind-free. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gaindalf

Gaindalf Red Snail

Mar 11, 2024
    Male
    F/P Wizard, F/P Arch Mage
    there's a point where you just don't use the coins, it would be nice if we could change them for consumables, maybe the ones from the events or like someone said some big amount of dragon coins fot hong bao