1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] Lunar New Year & Valentine's Day Event 2024

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Ariami

Ariami Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Aug 26, 2020
    Female
    4:57 AM
    Ariami
    Feedback Thread
    Lunar New Year & Valentine's Day Event 2024

[​IMG]

With the New Year in swing, and the start of spring, our Staff hopes you had a lovely Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day, too! Now that our Lunar New Year & Valentine's Day Event has concluded, we would like to gather some feedback from our player base!​

In the replies below, feel free to discuss what you liked and/or disliked about our latest Event!

[​IMG]

If you're not sure where to start, here are some talking points to help guide you and your responses:
    1. Lunar New Year Content:
      1. Moonlight Missions
        1. Did you find these missions enjoyable?
        2. Did you appreciate the variety of the missions?
          1. Which mission did you find yourself completing the most?
          2. Was there any other kind of mission you would have liked to see?
        3. Were the rewards from these missions worth it?
          1. Did you think the rewards for these missions were worth the effort required to earn them? (Please base your response to this question after the adjustments made to the Hong Bao rate 1 week into the Event.)
          2. Were the collectible rewards available from Gold Richie something you enjoyed (Fireworks Boxes)?
      2. The Dragon's Challenge
        1. Did you attempt the Dragon's Challenge?
          1. Did you attempt it weekly?
        2. Regardless of your personal skill level, did you enjoy the concept of the Dragon's Challenge?
        3. Were the rewards for completing the Dragon's Challenge seem balanced to you?
        4. Would you like to see something like the Dragon's Challenge (a custom-made "marathon" of familiar Jump Quest maps) return for future events?
        5. Is there anything you would've changed about the Dragon's Challenge?
      3. 8-Blessing Ring
        1. Did you find this item useful?
        2. Did the effort required to collect and enhance this item feel balanced to you?
          1. If not, was it too hard or too easy to collect and complete your 8-Blessing Ring?
        3. In comparison to other Event equips (i.e. Zombie Ring, Ring of Passion, Snowflake Pendant), how would you rate the 8-Blessing Ring?
      4. Fresh Dumplings
        2. Did you like that this item was a free, daily gift, or would you have preferred an item with better stats that required more effort to obtain it?
    2. Valentine's Day Content:
      1. Quests
        1. Did you mind that these quests were returning from last year's Event?
        2. Did you find the quests available for this Event enjoyable?
        3. Did any of these quests stand out to you?
          1. If so, which quests and why?
        4. If given the option, would you remove or replace any of the Valentine's Day related quests?
        5. Were any of these quests particularly challenging for you to complete?
      2. Quest Items/Rewards
        1. Were the rewards from these various questlines worth it?
        2. In comparison to other Event equips (i.e. Zombie Ring, 8-Blessing Ring, Snowflake Pendant), how would you rate the Ring of Passion?
        3. Overall, how do you feel about the Chocolate Basket?
          1. Did you collect it and use it everyday?
          2. Is there anything you would change about this item; either in how it is obtained or the stats that it gives?
        4. Would you like to see an item like the Love Letter be implemented in future Events?
    3. Raffles, Rewards, and the Event Shop:
      1. Raffles and Raffle Rewards
        1. How do you feel about unlimited rewards during the Event period? Do you prefer it over previous Events' limited raffle/reward format?
        2. Were the rewards available from the Raffle satisfactory to you?
        3. Was there anything missing from the Raffle rewards that you would've liked to see?
      2. Event Shop
        1. Were you pleased with the Cosmetic Options available this Event?
        2. Was there anything missing from the Cosmetic Options you would've liked to see?
        3. Did you have a lot of leftover Event Points at the end of the Event?
        4. Was there something you wish you could've spent them on?
        5. Additionally, did you think it was too easy to gain Event Points? Or do you think the prices in the Event Shop were too cheap?
    4. Miscellaneous:
      1. Was the Event's duration satisfactory?
      2. Were you overall pleased with the Event and its contents?
      3. Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event?
      4. Was there any part of the Event you felt was missing and/or lacking?

You can talk about any aspect of the Event, not just the above talking points!
    We welcome any and all discussion, just make sure you keep things civil!

For those of you who like to answer questions directly!
    1. Moonlight Missions
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    3. Were the rewards from these missions worth it?
    > [Your response here]
    1. Did you think the rewards for these missions were worth the effort required to earn them? (Please base your response to this question after the adjustments made to the Hong Bao rate 1 week into the Event.)
    > [Your response here]
    2. Were the collectible rewards available from Gold Richie something you enjoyed (Fireworks Boxes)?
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    2. Regardless of your personal skill level, did you enjoy the concept of the Dragon's Challenge?
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    4. Would you like to see something like the Dragon's Challenge (a custom-made "marathon" of familiar Jump Quest maps) return for future events?
    > [Your response here]
    5. Is there anything you would've changed about the Dragon's Challenge?
    > [Your response here]
    3. 8-Blessing Ring
    > [Your response here]
    2. Did the effort required to collect and enhance this item feel balanced to you?
    > [Your response here]
    1. If not, was it too hard or too easy to collect and complete your 8-Blessing Ring?
    > [Your response here]
    3. In comparison to other Event equips (i.e. Zombie Ring, Ring of Passion, Snowflake Pendant), how would you rate the 8-Blessing Ring?
    > [Your response here]
    4. Fresh Dumplings
    > [Your response here]
    2. Did you like that this item was a free, daily gift, or would you have preferred an item with better stats that required more effort to obtain it?
    > [Your response here]
    1. Quests
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    4. If given the option, would you remove or replace any of the Valentine's Day related quests?
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    5. Were any of these quests particularly challenging for you to complete?
    > [Your response here]
    2. Quest Items/Rewards
    > [Your response here]
    2. In comparison to other Event equips (i.e. Zombie Ring, 8-Blessing Ring, Snowflake Pendant), how would you rate the Ring of Passion?
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    2. Is there anything you would change about this item; either in how it is obtained or the stats that it gives?
    > [Your response here]
    4. Would you like to see an item like the Love Letter be implemented in future Events?
    > [Your response here]
    1. How do you feel about unlimited rewards during the Event period? Do you prefer it over previous Events' limited raffle/reward format?
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    3. Was there anything missing from the Raffle rewards that you would've liked to see?
    > [Your response here]
    2. Event Shop
    > [Your response here]
    2. Was there anything missing from the Cosmetic Options you would've liked to see?
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    4. Was there something you wish you could've spent them on?
    > [Your response here]
    5. Additionally, did you think it was too easy to gain Event Points? Or do you think the prices in the Event Shop were too cheap?
    > [Your response here]
    4. Miscellaneous:
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]
    3. Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event?
    > [Your response here]
    > [Your response here]

[​IMG]
    Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as they are read through extensively by our Staff and used to create better content for future events and updates.

Any feedback, positive or negative, is valued by our Staff, and while we cannot implement every suggestion, we always look forward to listening to our player base so that we can improve the server for everyone!

Thank you always for for your support and participation! We hope you found this Event fueled with fiery fun!

Happy Mapling :heart:
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  2. HolyPaladin

HolyPaladin Orange Mushroom

Feb 29, 2024
    Male
    3:57 AM
    Holypaladin
    Paladin
    1. Moonlight Missions
    > [Yes I mostly could do the 888 kill and party quest one seeing as I was under lvl 50]
    > [yes]
    > [888 kill one hunting roses go brrr]
    > [More missions that all levels could do]
    3. Were the rewards from thesemissions worth it?
    > [Yes!]
    1. Did you think the rewards for these missions were worth theeffort required to earn them? (Please base your response to this question after the adjustments made to the Hong Bao rate 1 week into the Event.)
    > [Yes]
    2. Were the collectible rewardsavailable from Gold Richie something you enjoyed (Fireworks Boxes)?
    > [Yes! Never completed 3rd one though but loved the flower hat]
    > [Yes but my skill at jump quests didn’t allow me to complete but I suck at all jump quests even trying to get on platforms of kpq]
    > [one and never done or ever again for that matter]
    > [Yes]
    > [Yes]
    > [please no but if you others liked it then yes]
    5. Is there anything you would've changed about the Dragon'sChallenge?
    > [Less jumping]
    3. 8-Blessing Ring
    > [Oh mama yes!]
    > [Y3s]
    > [Yessss]
    > [I give it 11 mushrooms out of 10]
    4. Fresh Dumplings
    > [I tried collecting it everyday! So yes]
    2. Did you like that this item was a free, daily gift, or would you havepreferred an item with better stats that required more effort to obtain it?
    > [No]
    1. Quests
    > [No I never played last year!]
    > [Y3s]
    > [Heart box and mom and dad]
    > [They warmed a cold man’s heart]
    > [Nahhhh]
    > [N/a]
    5. Were any of these quests particularly challenging for you tocomplete?
    > [No]
    2. Quest Items/Rewards
    > [Duhhhh]
    > [Never got those items so id rate it great]
    > [Yummy]
    > [No I forgot to some days]
    2. Is there anything you would change about this item; either in how it is obtained or the stats thatit gives?
    > [nah]
    4. Would you like to see an item likethe Love Letter be implemented in future Events?
    > [If you want]
    > [Yes]
    > [Very]
    3. Was there anything missing from the Raffle rewards that you would'veliked to see?
    > [Perm nx]
    2. Event Shop
    > [Yes very]
    > [More bear themed options]
    > [Used almost all]
    4. Was there something you wish youcould've spent them on?
    > [More bear theme items bonus for perm ones]
    > [Yes easy but who cares?]
    4. Miscellaneous:
    > [Y3s]
    > [100%]
    3. Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of theEvent?
    > [Yeeeeeesssssss]
    > [Moar bear themed items please!!!]

3. soft

soft Mano

Jan 18, 2024
    Female
    soft
    Bishop
    bunny
    Overall, I found the events to be both fun and rewarding.

The event post on the forum was mostly thorough and neatly formatted. I also appreciate the cuteness of the banner and the helpful visuals of the items and NPCs! With that being said, I did notice some players in-game and on the forum asking the same repeat questions about the Valentine's event. Specifying the location of the NPCs for the quests "Bouquet of Roses" and "Romeo's Present" and detailing which mobs the roses come from the same way it was done for the others would likely clear up the confusion.

My favorite style of quest was "Bouquet of Roses" due to the scavenger-hunt nature of it, incentivizing you to go to different towns and farm a variety of mobs. In my opinion it was a refreshing break from grinding in the same couple of maps to train.

My most repeated quests were the jump quest and 888 mob "Moonlight Missions," but mostly the JQ. I was pleased to see JQs available through an NPC. It made them very accessible and convenient to get a bunch of runs in all at once; being able to enjoy the platformer aspect of it while eliminating the chore of redundant travel and pre-quests in between. I would like to suggest that a written command to restart the JQ and reload the map (client-sided, for only the player who submits it of course) may be a nice quality of life addition to consider--seeing that many players were logging off and logging back in to circumvent having to walk all the way back to the start, especially in mainly horizontal-lengthed maps such as BoL 1 & 2. It would also serve to refresh all of the timers for the map objects/reactors/mobs (rocks, gas, firebomb and such) for players who like to memorize the patterns and timing of them. Something like "!restart" "!reload" or "!r" for short? and only available for use in JQ.

I did have a lot of dragon coins left over, even after spending it on everything available in the shop. If I may echo a suggestion from a different thread that I believe would be an agreeable solution:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:57 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I really enjoyed the event, thank you staff for your work! Regarding the feedback, I really liked the idea of the quests, I think it's "cool" for the casual player, if you're someone who just started, every 888 mobs have a raffle, I didn't think it was so fair in my opinion something spammy like jump quests
    (as part of this proposal to help the more casual)
    Instead of a jump quest, it could be something like a non-repetitive Quest, I like the events like the ring ETC that you can get everything in the same day (just like when there was the demon tower, I took a day to do it do everything), I liked that this somehow increased the ev of the bosses, but a suggestion for the next one is to have an even number of bosses, every 5 bosses, if the fifth boss is an NT boss for example, you have to go out and wait 5 minutes.
    Some times it was difficult to find a room for the boss, or a free map depending on the map, so it would be interesting to see something to solve this since the server is always full in these events.The Valentine's Day part is one of my favorite events, I always find a purpose for the baskets, perhaps a good option here would be for them to be stackable, or to have the option of creating them in other city
    besides ludi and henesis.
    (I used all baskets with the exception of one for chars that I needed experience with, so I don't think that if I could, my stack would change much)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:57 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Quietly one of the best events we've had in awhile. It didn't favor my preferred style of play (bossing), but I really enjoyed how content was layered over itself so it felt super rewarding to do anything.

There seems to be a trend of releasing omega broken event content at the start and then taking it away - which is a feelsbad moment. I wonder if adjustments like these can be factored into event design for the future -- so as to generate most amount of new player traffic and hype.

Good stuff.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    1:57 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Good event. Would've preferred leaving PCoin printing as is. Also I feel like bossing was a little underwhelming, could've used a little more love (yes, I know that there was a Moonlight Mission for bossing, no, I don't think it added any noticeable value at all)

7. Swesticer

Swesticer Orange Mushroom

Mar 26, 2021
    Male
    8:57 AM
    Swesticer
    I did enjoy the idea behind the event and the different ways off obtaining raffles. Also a huge fan off the JQs.

I do miss the dopamine with the bigger raffle rewards, theres no suspense opening raffles at all when chairs are 1m ea the first week and you mostly just aim to get as many coins 1by1 as you can.

What I did not like was having JQs be unlimited and meanwhile omega broken. Day 3 coinforest was a meme (low effort high reward 30~raffles/hour). But even post nerf the b2 area2 map actually netted higher meso with easily obtainable 60clears/40~raffles per hour.

And since JQs was so broken, unlimited and the raffle value insanely high at about 1.8-2m per raffle it made everything else feel kinda obsolete. Why should I do anything else when JQing would net me 4x as much meso with 75-80m/hour.

I dont feel like any low effort content should have such a high hourly ever. Probobly not even high effort content or any content in the game at all. Especially not with the unlimited nature.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    4:57 PM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    IMO, unlimited raffle rewards gives equal chance to people who play fewer characters.
    And JQ is the most fair gameplay between lower-level players and higher-level players.

I think the problem is, the "hard" JQs are actually not that hard to some experienced players.
    Maybe the JQ rewards should be tweaked more carefully in the future.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Swesticer

Mar 26, 2021
    Male
    Swesticer
    IMO, unlimited raffle rewards gives equal chance to people who play fewer characters."

Why is this a complaint only with events? I never see anyone talk about how people benefit from being able to run endgame bosses like HT/PB or things like APQ that has limited entries more because they have invested time into several characters. Everyone has an equal chance to put time and effort into this game (that people might prioritize other things dont seem relevant). I also believe someone whos willing to spend more time on the game to create more characters will also most likely put in more time per day and benefit more from unlimited events either way.

"And JQ is the most fair gameplay between lower-level players and higher-level players."

A non 4th job character got way worse pcoin rates on their raffles impacting the hourly alot. In what world is it even remotely fair that a lvl 110 gets 40m/hour doing the exact same JQ as a lvl 130 netting 80m/h.

"I think the problem is, the "hard" JQs are actually not that hard to some experienced players."

The problem was that some maps were to low effort for the rewards. In less than 1hour I taught a novice player who was god awful at JQing to get clear and consistent 50second runs on the b2area2 map. This person was not able to get over 5clears per hour at Forest of patience 4 or the zakum lava maps. The meso income should always reflect the amount of effort put in and some maps were just to easy.

Maybe the JQ rewards should be tweaked more carefully in the future.

Im not against the concept of unlimited content. The main problem I see is that when things are unlimited it can tend to amplify balance issues. Take PB for example, how broken would that be if people could run it hours on end. Technically there's nothing stopping people from making 20 lvl 180+ NLs, but with the effort entry level higher its less likely to get abused.

There will always be the 0.1% having an advantage over the rest no matter what you do, this does not apply only in Maplelegends. But balancing the whole game around them negatively impacting the other 99.9% seems like a bad solution.

Could have just forced everyone doing JQs to clear each off the 3maps in the HARD rotation once before getting access to them all again.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  10. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    In general, I believe events should have a lower barrior in general.
    Also because events are seasonal, with limited duration.

I mean the JQ content itself, not including the raffle rate.

Yes, inexperienced players can learn and become experienced.
    That's why I say it should be tweaked core carefully.
    In another word, assuming people can finish the JQ faster.

For example, given the following formula
    [expected earning per hour] = [reward per JQ] / [assumed time per JQ]
    Use the time of top 20% runs instead of top 50% runs as assumped time when making balance decisions.

11. soft

soft Mano

Jan 18, 2024
    Female
    soft
    Bishop
    bunny
    Is this confirmed to be true? I was under the impression the raffle rates were the same for everyone... I did get pretty unlucky some days, or so I thought--but I only played the event on my 4th job main account so I don't have anything to compare my results to.

I agree that it's unfair and I don't see a reason as to why they'd be different. As you pointed out, the quest being completed is the exact same.

I would rather have the raffle prizes or % chance be tweaked if needed than to force players to complete all of the JQs. For most, the rotation will likely include at least one that isn't enjoyable to them. The quest format as it was allowed for players to choose their preferred JQs or ones they specifically wanted to improve at--which was partly why I preferred it over the more competitive Dragon's Challenge marathon of preselected JQs. The list of easy/medium/hard JQs seemed more appealing to casual players and providing a choice allowed them to play with friends.

12. Swesticer

Mar 26, 2021
    Male
    Swesticer
    On my 110-115 characters I had a ratio of 1coin per 7raffles.

On my 130-190 characters I had a ratio of 1.2coin per every 3 raffles.

Was it even worse for first and second job characters? Probobly, but I have no data on that. I also personally dont feel like theres anything wrong with balancing it this way.

13. Shadowaa

Shadowaa Red Snail

Feb 23, 2024
    Male
    Shadowaa
    Bowmaster
    As a newish player (3 months), the event was a great way for me to get some funding. I think it was nice that it brought the community together as well.
    Moonlight Missions
    I was at an awkward level (~120) which meant there wasn't much bossing content or PQ which I could do, so my most cleared mission was JQ, and ocasionally 888 mobs.
    8 Blessing Ring
    I enjoyed the ring quests, but it felt abit stale by the 4th/5th day.
    Dragon Challenge
    The Dragon Challenge was a good challenge, but there was not much incentive for me to grind more after finishing it once as I wasn't able to get close to the 3 min leaderboard times. I think it could have been a better option to tie unlimited rewards to the Dragon Challenge, making players improve their JQ and rewarding them at the same time.
    Chocolate Basket
    Having a GM buff item ready anytime made me feel like grinding mobs more, especially with friends. However, the 1 per day limitation made me feel like I was forced to grind instead of spending that 1 hour on other parts of the game (JQ).
    Event Points and Shop
    I definitely had too many leftover points at the end of the event, which allowed me to exchange for everything and still have leftovers. I think it would be nice to be able to exchange them for something else (Pots, Buffs, Raffles). However, I do like being able to change my cosmetics after every event.

Thanks to all staff members for hosting the event, and I look forward to the anniversary event!

14. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    9:57 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I liked everything about this event.