1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low ICE DEMON skill bug

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Xessuz, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    11:09 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): ice demon isn't working right
    What is supposed to happen?: ice demon is neutralizing the monster resists istead apply fire weakness
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): if you hit a monster with ice demon (not ice resist/ice immune), the monster lose his immunit/resist/weakness from the others elements

Extra information (optional):

Ex. Stormbreaker is immune to lightning, if you use ICE DEMON, it loses the immunity and you can hit chain lightning normally.

Ex2. Oblivion monks have weakness to ice and resistance to fire, if you use ice demon, it lose the ice weakness and the fire resistance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Juneriffic56

Juneriffic56 Slime

Feb 4, 2023
    Female
    7:09 PM
    JuneBleep
    Hero
    Funk
    Not sure if this is a bug or just a consequence of how the skill functions.

From my understanding, the demon skills behind the scenes work by essentially applying a brand new weakness chart to the enemy inflicted, assuming they aren't Fire/Ice strong or immune. As opposed to just simply giving the mob an ice/fire weakness alongside their existing elemental chart.

So Fire Demon changes the mob's chart to: weak to ice, and neutral to everything else.
    And Ice Demon changes the mob's chart to: weak to fire, and neutral to everything else.

Which is why you can remove weaknesses, and even resistances and immunities, on a mob.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Its a bug because if you use ice demon in a fire-weak monster, it lose the fire weakness, the monster become neutral to all elements (idk if fire demon have the same problem, but on ice demon isnt working right)

4. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    I've been tested and FIRE DEMON is bugged too!

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I swore this was a feature of the skill

6. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Its not on description of the skill

7. BowShoot

BowShoot Red Snail

Mar 22, 2024
    Male
    9:09 PM
    BowShoot
    Bowmaster
    Requiem
    This is not a bug, it's the intended way of how it should work.

It's why arch mages have a summon of the opposite element from their fire/ice demon skill, so they can do "good dmg" against whatever mobs they face.

8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    The point of leaving it neutral for all elements has always been like this, I remember in around 2009 that people used it to poison mobs that were immune to poison,
    about removing the monster's weakness
    when the monster was already weak for that, it is confused

9. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    But the spell says that monsters will have fire weakness, and its not happening, that skill is neutralizing all elements, fire include

10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yep, in theory ice demon change the element to ice, and fire to fire, so, remove poison/light/holy strong is normal, maybe the bug is an bad interaction when you use ice in ice, fire in fire

11. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Ice demon: Provides consistent damage to a monster using ice pieces from Ice Demon. Monsters stricken by Ice Demon become vulnerable to fire-based attacks.

Fire demon: Provides consistent damage to a monster using a ball of fire from the Fire Demon. Monsters stricken by Fire Demon become vulnerable to ice-based attacks.

Only the "consistent damage" (dot) is working like the description, nothing about other resists are related and fire/ice weakness isnt working

12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yes, I'm know about the description, I'm just saying how it has always worked since the 4th job was released in GMS

13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:09 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Vulnerable does not mean weakness. A mob having a neutral resistance to fire is also vulnerable to that element.

The skill does what's described and more.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  14. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:09 PM
    iPippy
    Vulnerability literally does mean weakness, both in this game's skill description and many other games as well. Ice demon makes a mob "vulnerable to fire" in its description and it does exactly that mechanically too.

It wasnt explained the best, but this thread exists because demons additionally change other elemental affinities than the one listed (the ice and lightning resistances in ice demon for example). While we can pretend to know what neckson's intent was and define things as not bugs and leave it at that, these do come with balancing implications. For example, ice weak mobs can only be hit by ice demon once for super effective damage, making it an even worse skill to use in seemingly "optimal" scenarios.

But also, why is mage using anything other than ult? MapleF18

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'm not getting into what the original intentions were with the skill or what anything means for game balance, I'm simply responding to OP who leaned into the language alot.

English is only my third language so I might be wrong but imo if you have for example a mob that is immune to fire damage and you use a skill to make it neutral to fire damage you have made it vulnerable, simple as that.

16. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    If you use ICE DEMON on fire weakness mob, it lose the fire weakness and become neutral to fire, what kind of vulnerability is that?

17. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Ice demon is only working right in one term: dot.

Fire vulnerability is not working (please test before talk about it here)

Other elements neutralizing is totally out of logic, how one immunity to lightning is over because you use a skill that made the mob fire/ice weak? LoL

Vulnerability means weakness (what..)

18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Can I ask you on which mobs you have tested this and what the results were per mob?
    I'm currently not home to check but I'm certain that Ice demon applies fire weakness to mobs while it's active. However, I have not tested this on mobs that are already weak to fire.

19. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA

You can use Fire Demon on a Birk or a Ice Demon on a Klock to test

My ifrit never hit more to a mob affected to ice demon, always the same damage before and after ice demon (if mob is neutral to fire)

But I'm a noob in this game (like 1 year playing and never played maplestory before), if I reading a description of an skill, I really need that skill work like the description

20. OP
    OP
    Xessuz

Xessuz Mano

Mar 25, 2023
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Im not home too, but I'll bring numbers to this topic