1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

College

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan, May 26, 2015.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    2:58 AM
    Scorpio
    F/P Wizard
    @Ryan@Ryan I majored in comercial sector accounting and finance. Coinceidentally I went to CMU. Nice to meet a fellow michigander.

2. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    4:58 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    LEL, I had a bunch of drug dealing roommates as a freshman (technically sophomore) too! Public universities are all the same, man. I didn't care in high school, got a 2.2 GPA, went to a community college for a year, 4.0'd, wrote a pretty letter to UMinn, and here I am.

You know what they say, either dazzle em' with your brilliance or baffle em' with your bullshit :cool:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  3. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    5:58 AM
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    Concordia University here in Montreal.
    Doing some prerequisites right now, gonna teach maths when I'm done.

4. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:58 AM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    My application actually got accepted just this week. I'm 17 and going to Groningen (Netherlands) to major in Media Studies in September! It's a new thing that's basically media analysis in a way. o:

Can't wait. ^^

5. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    I've met a lot of people from this server that live in Michigan!
    What city you live in?

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Scorpio
    F/P Wizard
    Damn, really? I haven't met any yet, but I also don't talk to many people.

Currently living in Howell for my job. Originally from Allen Park (downriver.) How about you?

7. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    Yea! I met someone from Southfield, Troy, and Gross Pointe.
    I live in Farmington Hills.... less than an hour drive from you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scorpio

Scorpio Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Scorpio
    F/P Wizard
    Small Effing World. I met someone years ago back in GMS from Allen Park and we met up. It was the geekiest most awkward thing on the planet haha.

9. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    That sounds awful I would never meet up with someone I met on maple LOL

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Scorpio
    F/P Wizard
    Right? I was like 16 and my mom talked to his mom before we hung out and it was like...wow. we have literally one thing in common. Hahaha.

11. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    12:58 PM
    This reminded me of a movie I watched last night, it's called "Only Yesterday", and it's about a girl visiting her relatives at their farm and reminiscing about how it was like for her to be a kid. At some point, she gets into a conversation with her cousin, and she asks him if he knew how to divide fractions when he was in elementary school. Then she makes an arguement: If you got it right, and just did it according to how it was taught, invert the fraction and then multiply, you probably proceeded to live an OK life, got married and found a decent job. However, If you got it wrong then your life is doomed to eternal thoughtfulness and sadness.

Sorry, OT: I'm in 11th grade of High School, studying Philosophy (which I love) and Physics (which I do somewhat like, but am horrible at and struggling to get my B's).

12. driverdown

driverdown Orange Mushroom

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
    I'm not in college because I dropped out of highschool...pretty much failed all of my classes OnionCrazy

13. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    Beginner
    -
    I go to community college cause being broke is a life style. My major is in process technology, though I wanted to major in geology. I learned school was not my thing after my first semester, but I tried another semester just to solidify the fact college is not for me and I never want to go to a big University besides when I go visit friends and get shwastypants OnionCoffee. I decided to go for a much short degree and something that will let me intern after the first year to get some benefits. I will probably go back to school later on and try to round out my ptec with an electrical engineering degree.

14. npfenix1

npfenix1 Brown Teddy

May 18, 2015
    Male
    Under the bridge.
    12:58 PM
    *LURKING*
    Marauder
    Mmm, just graduated this year from college.

I'll probably aim for a kindergarten or elementary school teacher spot! So that would be something like Education Theory Candidate? (Idk, the title is just roughly translated from my language.)
    Kids are honest,
    and more than often easier to work with than many adults :'P Also the holidays seem nice.

But time will show.

15. OP
    OP
    Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    bumping this thread!

16. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    I hold a vocational degree in media, interactive and web design, and for my current bachelor, i'm majoring in communication and multimedia design, and minoring in web development.
    Will pursue a Master of Informatics at the University of Amsterdam, specialized in Human Centred Multimedia

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  17. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    What uni are you at now? Amsterdam as well?

My answer hasn't changed, majoring in Media Studies at the university (Rijksuniversiteit) of Groningen.

18. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    I've been chilling studying sound engineering, but now clinical psychology ~

20. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    3:58 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I'm majoring in Microbiology and Immunology at the University of British Columbia. Aiming for med eventually.

I finished my 3rd year and I'm on a co-op work term at a biotech company right now, starting another term in an academic lab in January. Co-op extends my degree by a year so I'll be going back and finishing my final year next September.

• Like Like x 2