1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Our role as players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lior, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Lior

Lior Slime

May 7, 2015
    Male
    8:42 PM
    Beginner
    Hey guys, I think we all agree that the managment of Maplelegends do a great job, at publishing the game (nice video btw) and also taking care of the players in the game. But we, the players, dont have to stay from the side and cross fingers for more new players to come. We can help to, you know how?

When I write "Maplestory" in Youtube i see so many videos of it, but i look especially at the comments, in which you see people brining up the memories of the good times playing before big bang, that they wish to play the old game again. As we see those comments on each video, we HAVE to comment too, telling them that if you miss the old game so much then come to the "Maplelegends" private server, in which you can enjoy the old known Maplestory and also get along with the nice and very active society. I will start from now on doing this, but me it's not enough. commenters who see our suggestion to play this server might get interested and even start to play themselves. I am sure that each day many people in the world remember the old game maplestory and look out in youtube how is it now. This is the best way to attreact people. I hope you guys keep in mind my things here, it can really brign a big change to Maplelegends.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:42 PM
    Moderator Post
    I totally agree and I am fine with people recommending people on old school videos to bring users here. Let the world know we exist and recruit new people to the server.

The only thing I really don't want people to do is spamming other servers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    1:42 AM
    Also try not to diss other servers and be nice when advertising Legends. Just a friendly suggestion to anyone who wants to play old maple again to visit us will do.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    1:42 PM
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    ^royals sux

5. JohnMR

JohnMR Red Snail

Jun 20, 2015
    Male
  6. J4sper

J4sper Brown Teddy

May 29, 2015
    Male
    6:42 PM
    Jasper
    Warrior
    I just dont uderstand how royals get 500 and Legends get 150 on a day like this. Even being 1 place behind in top100. There used to be so many people on gms who played back then, and now where are they all? Needs a proper advertisiment i guess. But lets work and together and help newcomers on the server for them to stay and keep playing!

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Royals get much more promoted, such as on 4chan. MapleStory general has 4 servers listed, which is Ellinia, Extalia, and as "biggest Nostalgic server" Royals. There's one friendly person from there that redirect people that look more into nostalgic gameplay to here, because Royals has much easier gameplay, which is not what everyone look for of course.

Royals is also 2 years old, while we are almost 3 months old. There's a lot of servers that close within months, so I am pretty sure once people know we are here to stay for long time (which we will), that a lot more trust that people don't waste their time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. npfenix1

npfenix1 Brown Teddy

May 18, 2015
    Male
    Under the bridge.
    *LURKING*
    Marauder
    And I'm a perfect example of such person who thought Royals was too easy and wanted more challenge.
    I played MSRoyals for about 1 week and after that I felt like I had achieved the ''end game'' already. Not fun.
    It left me with picture such as: ''So this is what old school pservers are like? Ehh... Not even close''

Then later on my old friend back from EMS introduced me to this server and.. MAN.. this server was good!!
    I've streamed now and tried to help people find out about this server, because for me it was really nostalgic experience. And it still is. I have no intentions of leaving as it stands.
    Great community and the way the server is handled brings tear to my eyes. All hail MSLegends :p

But yeah it always makes me happy when I recruit even one more player to the server. Even if they just give it a try and quit soon afterwards.
    It feels really rewarding.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Not to mention that Royals had a lot less active players 1,5 years ago.

10. OP
    OP
    Lior

Lior Slime

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I was not planning to comment about other servers, only about this one. This server is awsome and I am sure once people who miss old ms will give it a try they will get addicted again :) This is why we need to mention this servers especially in Youtube comments.

11. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Royals gets so many players because it's so easy. Not as many people like 2x or hardcore 1x rates as those who like to get to 120 in a week.

12. JohnMR

JohnMR Red Snail

Jun 20, 2015
    Male
    It seems my post was deleted. I'll try again.

It's all an opinion and preference. People who want a fully GMS like server exactly as it was with Neckson running it during the v.62 days should be right here on Legends.
    Players who want higher rates, content from different versions, stuff like that should play on other servers. It's really completely different groups being targeted and that play these servers. It's sort of like the difference between those who play pre-BB and post-BB servers.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Looks like we made it into the OP of latest /msg/ (MapleStory General) on 4chan. I am not sure if this is just a 1 time thing, but its great nonetheless.

• Like Like x 2