1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

People who've been here from the start quitting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Plaudible, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    8:11 PM
    I agree with the invisible guy, there's sun outside now.
    We must take advantage of the summer time ;)

2. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    1:11 PM
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    i havent been able to get on the past week or 2 .. illl try to be back asap tho.. sorry mates

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Plaudible

Plaudible Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    11:11 AM
    Plaudible
    Ranger
    Valhalla
    Really good point, I remember when I played back then I really didn't care about leveling, hell I had fun doing stupid shit with my friends just because, as you said, it was a much more social game. I appreciated all the little things more, rather on this server I just rushed through everything as fast as I could.

Overall, to conclude my contribution to my post, thank you guys for all your responses. I realized I did burn myself out grinding like crazy. At one point I was going around 8 hours a day. For now, I'll take the advice given and take a little break. (Terraria 1.3's been eating up my time anyways...) I'll be back soon guys! :) Peace~ <3

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:11 PM
    Moderator Post
    The biggest issue is also that people know this game now. Back in 2008 you may played for first time and you discover places, new hidden streets, etc. Now people have all the knowledge and know all Hidden Streets. You may think: now I can be best because I am much better. But truth is that the game is much more boring and less fun when you know everything already. Unfortunately we cannot go back in time and remove all knowledge of game you have and re-experience it like you played for first time.

This in itself also is the reason why you can't 100% be like how it was in 2008, and never will.

We can provide a service for people to play the old MapleStory but we cannot provide a service to play the old MapleStory for first time.

• Like Like x 19
  5. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    12:11 PM
    I think managing the time spent grinding will always be the key to enjoying Maplestory :p I know this because if I over-grind, I just get demotivated and end up quitting. Too much grinding=boring OnionF4

6. TweedleDeem

TweedleDeem Orange Mushroom

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    I agree that over grinding makes the game boring. But I really want to he a bishop. So... can't really win here.

7. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Im still here. Since January. Ive been taking time out to fix my life and other issues. Idk about the lack of things to do... im still a low level and Im slow paced, but half of this game to me is the interactive, social enjoyment. So ill be here for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    I've been around here on and off since December, and just started playing frequently again this past week. To me, there's always going to be stuff to do in game, but I'm still not near end-game, apart from back in BETA. The thing that shows me something, is if you ask any of the people leaving here where they're going, it's mainly to another game / taking a break from Maple. None of the people leaving are really going to another server, which shows something in itself I think. Maple is one of those games where you play too much of it, you get sick of it, and I think there's nothing that can solve that other than time away from the game, in my honest opinion. Of course, I still think adding little things here and there to spice the gameplay up without splitting away from the roots of this server are good.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    But somehow, you still keep it fun ;)

10. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    I've been voting everyday and saving up NX, planning on building a huge amount of scrolls, and gach equips, then mass selling everything at once.

11. Exiled

Exiled Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Exile
    Chief Bandit
    Yeah. The old maple is was fun because there were so many other elements that the droves of players brought to the table. On private servers people seem too caught up with leveling. Just look at how many third/fourth jobbers there already are on here. Part of the reason IMO is the 2x exp, but that's another can of worms in itself.

And yes, terraria is life... 38 hours played of it in the last 5 days

12. TweedleDeem

TweedleDeem Orange Mushroom

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    If there wasn't 2x experience I'd be caught up on leveling but having a harder time, haha. New gms is very easy to level yet many people still play. I agree that 1x old time server was indeed very social because people spent a long time leveling and hanging out, but it doesn't mean you cannot hang out and have fun with 2x.

13. Souna

Souna King Slime

Jul 5, 2015
    Male
    Souna
    Marauder
    High
    Honestly, if upgrading to v.83 would make a lot of things easier, why don't we do it? Is it because of the whole nostalgia theme of the server? V.83 is still pretty nostalgic for a lot of people..

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    V83 changed a lot of things that ruined the game for me. One of things would be removal of AP for beginners, second would be removal of dice rolling. There's more, but I can't fit it in my mind right now. Furthermore, v83 is less compatible with Windows 8 and above, as well as MAC support, which makes matters worse. The only thing I really love post v62 is Monsterbooks.

I've played v55 and v62 the most, so I am most dedicated to them. I have no interest in v83 at all.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Souna

Souna King Slime

Jul 5, 2015
    Male
    Souna
    Marauder
    High
    Fair enough

16. Hi

Hi Horny Mushroom

Jul 14, 2015
    10:11 AM
    Kim, what do u plan on doing when a majority of your player base hits end game and the only thing they can do is grind skels.Are there new grinding places forseeable in the future to spread out placea to grind? Are there more bosses, and most importantly, pq's to keep a large player base satisfied in terms of the leveling and social aspects of the game that they so desire? Aka makiing leveling fun and creating social bomds through teamwork.

I feel like a lot of the players in this game tend to drop off in this game after lpq. And alot of the playerbase gets tired of repetitice grinding in one location for long periods of time because it's most effecient. I know you want to stick strictly to v.62 but I think custom content would satisfy the new feeling for this game all the while keeping players from getting burned out.

17. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    ToT is coming out at one point, that should really help improve the current situation.

Also hoping to see new events to change it up now and then!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andrew

Andrew True Hunter

Dec 14, 2014
    Male
    10:11 AM
    Andrew
    Assassin
    Opposites
    Well, you better hit that NLC gacha for the WhiteScrolls

19. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Do not use this topic to leave farewells - please do so in the appropriate section.

Magatia and ToT are going to be added in new .wz edits. If more places get added after that is still to be announced if so. There's a lot of edits added in new files that keep the game fresh and new, but in end we are a GMS-like 0.62 server so things like custom NPC's and things like that are things I am just really against at because it destroys the official feel and nature of the server, unless for events of course and such things.

PQ's are slowly in the works, but due to fact we want to have them as closely as possible to GMS-like they take awhile, as well as that there are other things we still have to do.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am also closing this thread for now. People come and go, which unfortunately how it works. We have already coded a lot for the server and we only slowly code more for the server to improve the content. There are a few people that will come back after the .wz release I believe and I welcome all of them back with open arms when that time comes.

What I've said is still what I mean. You should not burn yourself playing this game; take a few breaks once in while. Just what I don't recommend do is to drop all your items once you quit because 90% of time you regret it, trust me.

Hopefully for those leaving they come back sometime. If not, I still want thank them for playing and contributing to the community

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.