1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 Startup error "Parameter is incorrect" Error -27.. Clues/Solution.

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Mike5674, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Mike5674

Mike5674 Blue Snail

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    3:22 AM
    Hello,

I have recently had problems loading MapleLegends (specifically MapleLegends). The error given if not yet obvious is Error -27....(some other large amount of numbers) "Parameter is incorrect". I really wanted this to work on my main machine so I... Look, long story short is I found the problem, for me anyway.
    I have this nifty little device that turns my USB 3.0 into an HDMI output (using a gaming laptop) so I can have 2-3 displays for my needs. The drivers for which were interfering with the game. It's a shame that I have to leave it uninstalled as I need it 40% of the time. I haven't gotten around to reinstalling it to get any information I could but if there is anything I can post to get this problem fixed please let me know.

I understand why its not important to fix because it is only me having this issue but I figure if someone had time on there hands they could look at it. The device is by diamond and is labelled as display link adapter. Thanks again!

2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    5:22 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    1. Try different screen resolutions, and if available, different refresh rates.
    2. Try Windows XP compatibility mode, as well as 98.
    3. -Try this- open maplestory on the laptop monitor with the screen splitter unplugged
    -Switch to windowed mode
    -Plug that other monitor in
    If that works, switch back to full screen. This is how I made it work when I had two monitors, by the way. If it works, great. If it crashes, still good. Either your graphics driver or Windows might spit out an error if it crashes which might put you closer to the problem.

3. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    10:22 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    Unfortunately without the full extent of information, we can't narrow down a reason as to why this is caused. Have you tried loading up MapleStory in Windowed Mode with your DLA attatched, since the USB conversion doesn't work for certain things. (Maple takes over the screen and sometimes dissallows multi-screen format.)

If you simply can't load up Maple with the DLA attatched, use one monitor at first, switch it out to Windowed mode, and see if it works that way. If it works with Windowed mode on multiple monitor setup, then it's the display driver being effected by the fullscreen effect Maple has, (it takes priority over running applications.)

But as Midnight has said, try his fixes as well, and if you manage to get it working, please post the results here so we can help anyone else with the error.

4. OP
    OP
    Mike5674

Mike5674 Blue Snail

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Haha sorry! I suppose listing what I did to attempt to remedy the situation would help. Okay so here is everything I have done with as much info as possible but I believe either my laptop or the device itself is what makes this whole operation impossible.

-Download MapleLegends, got the error. I tried to change compatibility mode, screen resolutions, and trying it with just the laptop. No dice, keep getting error.
    -Fresh install of windows
    -Installed MapleLegends, runs perfectly.
    -Install Device driver for DisplayLink Adapter. Error returns.
    -Attempt at disabling driver for course of gameplay. Did not work so I uninstalled it (no restart). Still getting error.
    -Load up a system restore checkpoint just before driver installed. Works fine once again.
    -Just reinstalled it for testing and still does not work.

Now here is what has me pretty much sold on the fact its a lost cause. When I turn on my laptop it always gives me a incompatibility error saying it may not work properly with my 3.0 host driver. Says I should update but I'm at latest driver ver. However the device itself works and functions fine even with the error (even a button to click that says continue anyway). If requested I can upload the driver install executable for windows.

5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hold on... did you mean something else or are you saying that Maplestory will not run on your laptop by itself?

6. OP
    OP
    Mike5674

Mike5674 Blue Snail

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Sorry, so MapleStory runs fine. Its MapleLegends that wont run with the device installed.

7. Psymon

Psymon Blue Snail

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    4:22 AM
    Psymon
    Magician
    Fate
    i am getting the same error..

8. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
  9. Hellcat

Hellcat Mushmom

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Kerning City
    Hellcat
    Hermit
    I have this same error on Windows 8. I need to click it away around 7-8 times and then it starts up

10. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon