1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marauder- Energy Blast buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fruc, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    9:10 AM
    As pointed out in this post by KurayamiLove:
    http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/marauder-job-improve.2288/

Marauder needs an improvement, none of the 3rd job attack skills contribute to mobbing at all. I don't ever remember the 2 second delay on Energy Blast and I used to spam that skill on GMS (pre Big-Bang).

Since the delay is unremovable, is it possible to give this skill a buff? From hitting 4 mobs to 6 mobs? Increase damage to 550%?

Check out this video, this is what I remembered in terms of delay for Energy Blast.

This is what it is and compared to flash fist:

2. Tanken

Tanken Mano

May 20, 2015
    Tanken
    Brawler
    From a first time marauders perspective, training with le bubble clap is great - even with a delay. If you couple it with a kick the two skills pair up pretty well.
    Backstab could be polished up a pinch.

As for Kurayamis suggestion - enabling normal skills so we can use them while transformed...
    Navi, learn how to hex edit pls :]

3. OP
    OP
    Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Playing for nostalgia, so comparing to GMS everything reminds me of old maple, but energy blast. I used energy blast quite heavily to level up and seeing it nerfed hit me the wrong way. I never got to Bucc before big bang, and never used the transformation + skills until I made a thunder breaker.

4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    6:10 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    On mine perspective all the third job went around that skill the dmg is good and even if it only hits 4 monsters is a really good skill that even at 4th job is a nice skill to use, the best way to use with a delay is combinig it with a backspinblow to stun enemies and deal masive dmg with stun mastery or combo energy blast>somersault>energy blast etc..
    The buffs that this skill reciver pre bb wheere being spameable and the second buff wash being able to stun with this skill.
    Overall its an awesome skill if yoi know how to use it, the only skill that personally needs a buff is tranform and super transform, i would like to being able to use any skill during it.
    Have a good day and if you need any suport tell me :D

5. OP
    OP
    Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Since no patch notes can be found about the marauder and buccaneer changes made later on, i found these videos to give an idea.

So this one is v0.63 with Magatia released. Does not use energy blast to show delay, and use skills under transformation.

Earliest video of a bucc using skills in transformation. This is v0.72 when ToT was released. Buccs don't get super transformation until 14x though so skill under transformation was probably allowed earlier.

I believe the energy blast delay was removed before the release of Cygnus Knights (v0.73) but I can't find a marauder or bucc using that skill before the release of Cygnus Knights. Marauder videos are super rare.

Well that's the best of my detective work... I'm starting to accept how bad marauder is since I'm going to be a buccaneer soon. I can forget about this shit journey.

EDIT: Also clarifying, Transformation =/= Super Transformation. In the skill description the 3rd job transformation has restrictions, but Super Transformation does not have restrictions under its description.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Well if navi can add it it would be good if it cant still ok u need to get used to it

7. Souna

Souna King Slime

Jul 5, 2015
    Male
    12:10 PM
    Souna
    Marauder
    High
    Well there's this, as far as patch notes go:
    1. Pirate job skills revised
      1. Outlaw skill “Flamethrower” and “Ice Splitter” attack range increased.
      2. Viper skill “Dragon Strike”; delay after using this skill decreased.
      3. Viper skill “Barrage”; delay after using this skill decreased.
      4. Viper skill “Energy Blast”; delay after using this skill decreased.
      5. Captain skill “Rapid Fire” damage increased to 170% based on master level.
      6. Captain skill “Battleship”; when battleship is disabled, waiting time is changed to 90 seconds for all to ride again.
      7. While using Viper skill “Transformation”, can use all skills except for “Oak Barrel,” “Double Fire,” “Demolition” and “Snatch”.
      8. While using Viper skill “Super Transformation,” can use all skills except “Oak Barrel” and “Double Fire”.
      9. Viper skill “Energy Orb”, extra damage added.
    From http://maple.asiasoftsea.com/news_events/view/patch_notes_for_version_072/

I know this doesn't really help at all but they did announce that they changed these things.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    I couldn't find a GMS annoucement, but good catch. So it all happened in V.072.

9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I remeber while decreasing the dragon strike delay they decreased it max dmg from 810% to 710% but well u could go sorscrew-dragon strike all the time o.o