1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 10

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by DeltaX, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DeltaX

DeltaX Slime

May 7, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    5:27 AM
    Disgust
    Priest
    LGIB
    So i just updated to windows 10.

Now when i want to start maplelegends i get the following error code:

-2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect)

So i found a way to fix this, by changing the compatability to windows 7.
    Then the next time i launch maple i get the same code, by switching the compatability modus several times between vista, windows 7 and 8 i get maple to work again.

Anyone has a way to fix the problem permanently, so i dont have to do this every time?

xoxo DeltaX

2. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    11:27 AM
    Windows 98/ME compatibility mode works for me as a permanent solution.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    DeltaX

DeltaX Slime

May 7, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Disgust
    Priest
    LGIB
    Okay thanks i'll try that!

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Its possible we need change our setup code so the compatibility is also applied on W10 automatically.

But yes, 98/Me should work all time.

5. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    11:27 PM
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I've been getting this error 99/100 times I turn on my pc or laptop running W10 and try to run MapleLegends. I'm constantly having to switch compatibility to fix it. Which makes no sense to me because it seems random as to which ones will work and which ones won't when I turn my machine on. Sometimes XP works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes others work, sometimes they don't. Even 98 doesn't work sometimes.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Are you sure 98/me doesn't work sometimes? The other don't work for sure and don't make a difference. Can you try 98/me one more time now?

7. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I haven't downloaded Windows 10 but on 8 a permanent solution was downloading razors cortex program (use to be called game booster) and pressing the Boost button before playing maple. This always solved my comparability issues.

8. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    It works but whenever I turn my machine back on it doesn't. This happens for each of them. I'll set it to something to fix it (say windows 98), then when I turn my pc off and turn it back on later, windows 98 doesn't work so ill change it to something else (say windows xp) and it'll work. Then next time I turn pc on, xp doesn't work so I switch to something else and the cycle repeats. Basically any of them work but as soon as I turn my pc off and back on for whatever reason, I have to change it to something else.