1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom End Game Content - Custom PQs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fruc, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    12:36 AM
    This is an idea I had after reading Losj post about cwkpq.

To me a PQ with high entrance requirements would be dead and annoying to set up. I feel like the bare bones nostalgia server lacks the touch after 13x or even 12x when the only grind spot becomes Skeles and it heavily relies on bishops.

My solution to the "nothing to do" dilemma is custom PQs. Take Carnival PQ, Ludibrium PQ, Kerning PQ, etc and make them level 120+. Buff the monsters and tweak the rewards.

I'll just explore with Carnival PQ because I thought about it for a bit and talked with others. It is a fun for everyone and competitive PQ that will have tons of good moments if nicely balanced. There are many ways to balance possible issues such as platform design, disabling skills and increasing certain debuffs (seal and darkness). e.g. Removing dispel to make use of the all cure drops.

Maple Coins can be farmed slowly and traded for goodies that the community can decide upon (probably scrolls and equips).

Since balancing maybe an issue on release, rewards can be added later after the PQ seems to be balanced.

Kinda similar to Aero's post about no level limit PQs, but I thought this idea deserves a separate post.

2. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:36 PM
    There are high level (120+) PQs from big bang such as Dragon Rider PQ, Escape PQ, Rex PQ, Kenta PQ etc. that could be used rather than having players run KPQ/LPQ all over again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:36 AM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Then players will say it's not nostalgic. KPQ, CPQ etc. are still considered nostalgic by most since it's from v62.

4. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:36 PM
    True, it's not nostalgic at all. I mentioned it to be considered as new content that doesn't have to be custom (because it's pulled from GMS and not our own inventions). Then again, it isn't exactly nostalgic to bulldoze through lower level PQs either, and I'd rather have fresh content than repeated ones at higher levels, if we're adding any at all.

5. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    3:36 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon

+1, I'd be ok with any PQs added that are preBB and aren't game-breaking.

Nostalgia is cool and all but at some point newer things must be added to keep the player base continuously interested in the server. Nostalgia is also relative, every person thinks of different things when it comes to whats nostalgic for them.

6. Albino

Albino Mano

Aug 2, 2015
    Lolibutt
    Royalty
    Engame content is essential, and right now there doesn't really seem to be any at all, which is a shame, because it's probably why so many people quit after reaching it. However, custom PQs usually come off half-assed and just feels off, so I'd rather have stuff that's actually in the game like Bulba said.

7. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    To follow up on this, for people like me (I assume there are others), nostalgia means nothing. I played for a few weeks during like v0.14, and didn't play it again until about a year ago, when I started playing on private servers. I guess I understand when Kimberly says she wants to keep things nostalgic, but I think keeping handicapping content just for the sake of nostalgia would hold the server back.

At least for me, I am here because I love the game for what it is; introducing non game-breaking content is not bad.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    I'm tired of this "Nostalgic" thing, I know. We all miss our childhoods, and this game is VERY nostalgic towards the beginning, but damn. It gets grindy and boring later on.
    I agree that some sort of PQ should be added to cater to the higher level people, so it will give us motivation to GET to those higher levels instead of just looking forward to grinding at skeles for 8 hours a day just to reach level 200 and quit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I'm not saying this shouldn't be added due to "nostalgia". I'm just saying that post-BB PQs won't fit in the meta of v62 due to balance reasons, as well as possible coding difficulties (v62 client and whatnot). There's other PQs that are pre-BB and could more easily be added or adjusted to both offer end-game content, as well as a GMS-like feel to some extent. Think of Romeo & Juliet PQ, that could be adjusted accordingly to serve as end-game PQ.

Trust me, I'm all for new content, I'm just against post-BB new content.

10. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon

ಠ_ಠ
    I've already agreed with that, preBB only pls.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    12:36 AM
    I was never around to experience this, but I believe Neckson released Chaos Zakum and Horntail which are essentially the same thing as Zakum and Horntail just more difficult. Chaos PQs anyone? I don't feel like it is half-assed, it a better alternative than making a new character for a different gameplay and just grinding the same pqs again. The "Custom" is where the thought gets put in to balance and tweak it to make it a different and new experience. The PQ is just the backbone that is built upon. Also I believe this approach might be easier than adding v62+ content which the client may not support and are full of bugs. Carnival PQ (from v52) is not in the game yet, nobody will experience the "repeat" if it was released as end game content.

• Like Like x 1