1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Typing your password a certain amount gets you blocked.. Help?..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shrek, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    4:07 AM
    NurseJoy
    So, this was something I never expected.
    I typed in my password wrong (Figured by a one letter.)
    So, being as stubborn as I am, I tried to correct it by going through one letter at a time and fixing it, but NOPE. Didn't work, which resulted in me being blocked from the game for 4 hours.
    I had NO idea this would happen :(

Can someone please unblock me?
    I know not to mess around with my own password from now on, but this is also a heads up to anyone else.

Be careful!

Thanks.

2. michael21

michael21 Red Snail

May 18, 2015
    Male
    9:07 AM
    I presume this is IP based brute force protection. If it blocks the entire account that would be a bit silly and cause legitimate players being blocked from using their accounts if somebody knows their account ID and enters their password wrong a few times. So I guess you could turn your router off and on again to try and refresh your IP address.

3. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    Or just wait for an admin to unblock your account, I'm sure once they read this they will.

4. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    if you ever cant get a password to work and you don't know why/ what letter, type it out somewhere where you can see the letters like your search bar or notepad. seems like common sense, but it helps to avoid situations like this :3

5. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    This happened to me once and I was told to restart my client, once I restarted I wasn't blocked anymore. You could try that :)

6. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    10:07 AM
    I'm pretty sure it only blocks you for 5 minutes, although I didn't have the patience to wait out the block (kinda hard to get @time when you can't login :p). Simply restarting the client will also get rid of the block.

Fairly certain this is done as a nicer way than just programatically closing your client after a 5 bad attempts to prevent brute force attacks.