1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osu!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MapleBento, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    9:15 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    you do know that ez makes everything harder most of the time ( aka always ) ?

i only use ez when i practice low ar stuffs or reading hard patterns

2. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    I can do ar10,3 and ar 3-4,and other low shit below that ( way to many people can only do either high or low ar and not both :kappa: )

ez makes a lot more things appear on the screen at once, aka you have to read the map a lot more than focusing on just 1-2 notes ahead ( you will probly end up reading 5-6~ notes ahead unless you want to miss stuffs when playing easy )

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    I have seen people who can do ar10 but can't do ar8, so you can't say that low ar is easier for everyone just like i can't say that low ar is hard for everyone :p

stuffs, to tired to write something good/smart (x

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    Been offline a lot, because I had to change my mouse. It's a shitty one too, so I'll get a new one... I'll be online (hopefully) soon enough ;-;

5. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    This is true... I can only do AR 9-10.33 (and 10+ makes me cry already, but I have to cus DT is love). AR 8 is too slow and I'm literally too fast for it and it bothers me and I lose focus. This is why I also play HD, the approach circles bother me. lol

@NSFW@NSFW

Because pp??????? I'm a pp whore

6. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    stupid to just focus on 1 part of the game (x

aka why train aim when you can train on streams ( ppl who suck at aim'ing but can do 230bpm+ streams ezpz )

high ar... mmm ( ar 8 is to slow, do you even try to not click to early/late on circles )

single tapping , can't do streams at all

hard jumps , fk up totally on easy normal jump patterns due to being better at jumping all over the place

// just a bit of random crap, but its basically better to practice everything unless you want " X " thing to bottleneck you later on

Like me playing 140-150bpm streams ( training finger controll ) , and playing stuffs with ez ( low ar, reading patterns )
    while i can do much harder songs that that ^

pp is bullshit, and if you haven't noticed that by now il cri for you </3
    [​IMG]
    ^guess how much pp i lost by just getting 805combo instead of 869 combo Keepo
    // not 1 single fking peppy point, due to combo being worthless... aka you can basically miss everything in the map as long as your acc is high/good at the end

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    You think I don't play a rhythm game in a rhythmic way? With 'too fast' I mean that I don't need the time AR 8 or below gives to respond to the position of the next note and will automatically think ahead, leading to me losing focus on the one note and therefore not hitting it on point. We're basically talking about the same thing in a different way here.

The pp system is broken (Kappa), lol, I know, which is why I focus on what gives pp. I'm too competitive not to. Why do you think I'm a (HD)DT player? HDHR gives crap pp in most cases, even though I consider it a lot harder.

8. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    3:15 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    LF> OSU skills

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    1:15 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    LF> Gabe's OSU name

10. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    "My Latte Sucks"
    Keepo
    //jk

• Like Like x 1
  11. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    *Fez's

12. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Re-downloading osu, idr it kek.
    That's actually really good x)

ಠ_ಠ

• Like Like x 2
  13. Segovia

Segovia Orange Mushroom

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Meme
    Fighter
    buttstoof
    Most of the people around my rank or higher that I have talked to can't read anything less than AR 9 To save their life ( myself included ).
    It's probably just because we are too used to constantly playing with higher AR's. The only really hard no-mod maps that have AR8 that I can think of are the Dragonforce maps and Tag 4 Maps.
    No-mod maps usually have a lower AR than DT maps of the same caliber, but there aren't many serious No-mod players because the PP given from DT is too good.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Since you obviously still don't get what I mean by "too fast" (despite me already explaining), I'll explain it once more.

"Too fast" in this sense means I'm 'fast' enough with my reflexes to respond to a circle/slider's position within the timeframe of AR 9 - 10.33, and if I play on any AR lower than that, I'll notice that I'm thinking 'fast' enough ahead, too 'fast' even, meaning I focus on more notes than usual and lose focus on the upcoming one.

Edit: Also, another reason why higher ranked players don't like low AR is because low AR simply doesn't work with high difficulty maps. Things will cover each other and the amount of follow points just causes confusion. I'm uploading a short video to demonstrate...

Also, what @Segovia@Segovia said is right... Almost every 4+ star map I know is AR 9+, so those that can play it will automatically get used to that AR, meaning you will get used to how far you think ahead and how fast you should respond. If you're used to AR 9 and suddenly play AR 7 (which is 50% more approach time than AR 9), you will have to get used to it first (which isn't something someone would do when they don't have to).

This isn't even relevant? Lol. If anything, low AR makes it harder to read difficult patterns for most.

@NSFW@NSFW, I'm pretty sure 4- or 3-digit players have more credibility based purely on their game experience than you... If you've played as much as some of us here, then let's talk.

Edit: A short video of a well-known 6 star map, but I edited it to be AR 5, so medium-low AR. You can't tell me it isn't a bit confusing...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  15. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Well look at this, I just made popcorn. Just in time too, osu player PJSalt taste the best. Pass it over lads!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:15 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    You:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me:
    [​IMG] MapleF8
    [​IMG]

// I got like 10x more play counts than you( you have barely tried the game compared to me), and i have also been playing the game for 3 years more, i doubt you have been playing it longer than me Keepo

18. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    so you're not "nsfw" on osu ? :p

mind telling me your play count and when you started then ?

19. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    ahhh Kappa

20. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014