1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Crafting Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aquarium, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    6:30 AM
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    Hi! I recently thought about something that would improve crafting and make it more useful. As of now, almost no one uses the crafting system for boots, gloves etc. (except for Work Gloves...). Since there are no stimulators for these items, I suggest the crafted equip to have random stats, making it a little bit more used since some people (me) will try to get an over average equip crafted.

Along with this suggestion, I would like the drop rate of Dragon Skins increased. These are used for crafting and you need plenty of them for some equips. I did this quest yesterday, acquiring 20 Dragon Skins. It took me about 540 kills to get 20 of these. The drop rate is clearly way too low. I even got more Drake's Blood and Drake's Meat during the same period.

2. DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    9:30 PM
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    Just buy dragon skins in the FM, there is always hundreds on sale. As for the crafting I dont think making all equips have random stats would increase the use of it. Personally if it was random I wouldn't craft because I have terribad luck and would get under average everytime.

3. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    I mean like, what's the point of crafting to get average stuff? It's much more worth farming for the equip in that case. I will definitely use it if these changes gets applied.

And where have you seen Dragon Skins in the fm? I have literally never seen a single one and if there are any, they must come from somewhere. They only drop from Drakes and I don't think anyone has been farming them. I got way more potions than Dragon Skins when I was there, it shouldn't be like that.

4. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    12:30 AM
  5. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    There is no reason stated why it shouldn't be random. Also if I recall correctly, Ludibrium doesn't have gloves/shoes for all levels and stimulators for gloves or shoes doesn't even exist, or am I completely wrong?

EDIT: My bad, stimulators does exist for gloves and shoes. But why don't you add stimulator options for all crafting npcs?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  6. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    With all the bishops selling leech there are tons of those items in FM. I typically just NPC them.

If anyone needs any ill start holding them and I don't mind just giving them to those who need them.

But eh, I don't care much for crafting since well lukless Mage but I could see how this would benefit others, +1 for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    I haven't seen any Bishops selling leech at Orange Mushrooms. OnionMuha

No but for real, Bishops mostly sell leech at maps with higher leveled monsters (and not a variety of monsters either) so this will hopefully be somewhat useful for people at all levels.

8. DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    9:30 PM
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    You want a leech at orange mushrooms? lol Ill leech you as a dk there haha

9. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Lol, I confused the item with those dragon scales that skele drops. Either way I know those are needed for crafting. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    Nah, I was just kidding. I meant that Bishops doesn't sell leech in maps with monsters that drops low level equipment and skeles doesn't drop all high-level equipment either.

11. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    Status of consideration of adding this suggestion? (Increased drop rate of Dragon Skins and allowing stimulator usage at all crafting NPCs)