1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Damage per minute

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Chows, May 29, 2015.

1. Chows

Chows Slime

Feb 12, 2015
    Male
    9:51 AM
    So I noticed that we have an ingame command called @dpm. This command records the damage you output in 1 minute and shows you the total of damage you did after that minute.

My idea is, if it isn't too much trouble, could you put in a Target Dummy that has like xxxxxxx hp so we can see our dpm? If anyone has ever played WoW, I'm talking about the ones they have in towns where people can just attack forever.

I know you can argue that this will not show your damage to bosses because bosses have weapon defense and levels and such. But I want to argue that this will give everyone a fair even field on who does more damage pound for pound.

If this is not possible then I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    9:51 PM
    Beginner
    Would be fun, having a zakum doll and a horntail doll to test your damage on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Illusion

Illusion Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:51 PM
    Illusion
    Hermit
    amazing idea, shouldnt take too much trouble to make, +1

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I'll look into this.

What I need do is make a new mob with unlimited HP, probably similar as practice dummy of mu lung and dump it in some FM map.

Would need at least new .wz files.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    8:51 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Get Bob the snail!

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There's no Snail with unlimited HP, unless modified. Bob is only a quest Snail with 10 HP.

7. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    8:51 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    or make spawn points with mobs that doesn't move, doesn't give exp, doesn't get knocked back and respawn as soon as they are killed.

8. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:51 AM
    Now you have a practical use for that pig mob you wanted to add :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I am not the greatest fan of this. A lot of games who have this feature the community gets intoxicated and blinded by a ''standard'' amount of dmg someone has to do. I get it that it might be fun for you to look at how much dmg you can do, but like many other games as in WoW you give as example people are blinded by how much ''dps'' they do. This will only lead to people declining members for boss runs ect. Maplestory has never been about dmg (bbb) That is why I like this version so much. I think it should stay that way. For example on EMS people need a ''x'' amount of range to kill Chaos root abyss bosses. If you do not have that they simply wont take you. When people did zakum runs when it got released nobody cared about how much dmg you did it was mainly about being high enough lvl and having fun.

And on a last note I am sure people will start complaing about classes not being ''balanced'' because some will do more dmg then others and we have not even started talking about gear :).

• Like Like x 10
  10. OP
    OP
    Chows

Chows Slime

Feb 12, 2015
    Male
    9:51 AM

Totally agree about that last part man! I can hear all the tears already, I should start building an ark to survive the flood. But whatever you do in life, you can never satisfy everyone.

Also if people become that immature and start not inviting people to boss runs because of their dps/dpm or whatever then shame on them.

I was just pitching this idea so people could show off all their hard work of scrolling / farming mesos / leveling up. I figure since we have the @dpm command already, yknow... why not?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If issues happen it takes me less than a second to remove it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Ppl are already complaining about classes being OP, I doubt this will make more people complain.
    Classes are likely to stay as they are anyways, due to the server wanting to stay true to GMS. So it won't make any difference.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I am not saying this is a good or a bad idea. Clearly I have no weight in the matter if this will happen or not. The @dpm as it is is fine. If I meso exp on zakums arm I hit 10M dpm and it doesn't say anything but it is a fun thing to know. Ether way this tool that you will add will only stimulate ''elitst players''. Sadly Hermits / Night Lords are already victim of such a thing. I have already seen people decline Night lord in runs because they haven't HP washed. ''IMO'' this will only make it worse and mess with every class because now instead of having a fun class to play you have a tag on it with something you should be able to achieve. Clearly some players will have put more effort into there gear and with these things this is easily measured (I am not against this) but it will also make it that players will be frustrated / declined to do things.

I don't doubt that but by the time this is an issue the damage has already been done. Like WoW again, Gear Score was introduced via an Addon. This completely broke all raiding because you now had a tag on your character instead of being a ''good player''.

This can clear that up. https://youtu.be/Q64XMPq6hig?t=8m41s

Ether way, I am not saying it is right or wrong to do. I am just sharing my opinion.

14. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:51 PM
    NSFW
    GOD SAVE THE PIG!

15. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    3:51 PM
    Snail
    You fools! I have unlimited HP! You cannot destroy me!

You could just make a custom mob using the base images of another mob or ripped image set.

[​IMG]

Then duplicate the mob and set it's HP to unkillable or even something similar.

I wouldn't suggest letting it spawn in FM though because of skill spamming.

16. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    3:51 PM
    Moderator Post
    Not in the plans due to the logistics of it.