1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

In-active <Level than 11 removal

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Brice, Jul 16, 2015.

Should we have level level 11 or below characters removed after a period of time?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:04 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Honestly? I think someone who came back after 3 months to find their beginner deleted probably wouldn't even remember the name of their character. They'd probably have forgotten their username, password, and pin too.

2. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    3:04 PM
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Yeah I guess I don't really understand being ok with willing to change a character's name but not willing to delete them, especially for a low-level character that didn't take long to create.

Either way, this update should be preceded by an email/forum alert many days in advance warning of the change.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Eh Idk, not too sure about that. I signed up for this game on April 20. I leveled up 2 characters to 13 and and 7ish, and did not login again mid-July.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    8:04 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    To be fair if people don't level it past 11 and they still get to keep it, you are basically looking out for players that most likely aren't even playing yet over the ones that already are. just my thought.

5. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    I'm exactly the kind of person that might make a few characters and not play for months on end. I have done this in the past with servers that I thought had potential. Either they were too buggy or I got busy IRL so I stopped playing. But if I ever went back to find my characters deleted I'd be really pissed.

Also... to address this level 11 thing. I play actively on a few characters but there is one I want to HP wash and I don't have the INT gear to do so yet. Can we really make the assumption that all characters 11 and below are not going to be used at all, ever? Yes it's only 1-2 hours to get a character to that level but I don't think I'm the only one that plays 1 character at a time... I pick 3 IGNs but I don't then automatically level them all to 11+. I might play one for a while then get bored and decide to play another.

But whatever. I guess this will be motivation to level my noobs to at least 15.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:04 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    you can also just logg once every 3 months, it takes like 20 seconds to log on a char and you only need to do it every 3 months.

7. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    You can prevent the deletion of characters by voting (at least once before removal) or logging on them, also if they're on the same account as one(s) you play than its account based (at least from what I interpret) you should be fine.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:04 PM
    Moderator Post
    Just a note that it isn't removal, its someone being able to take the IGN. So in other words, for an average user coincidence want a specific ID, its probably even longer than 3 months before someone want a name from someone that is below 6.

9. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    does this mean i can get the ign Coffe, im pretty sure it hasnt been leveled in months :$

• Like Like x 1
  10. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    You're a cute lad.

11. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    2:04 PM
    "Coffe" Kappa

• Like Like x 2
  12. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    OnionF4OnionF4OnionF4OnionF4OnionF4OnionF4OnionF4

13. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    can i hav the ign candy

wait

can i name change pls to Zook

14. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Accepted. This is changed to 6 months inactivity (no votes/no login) + level 6 character or under. This means that only players who have not played or voted since April 13 (aka 13 days after the server opened) have their IGNs listed as available to take. The player whose IGN is being changed will have a random number added to the end of their IGN.