1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Chryse and the Mushroom Kingdom?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nemo, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Nemo

Nemo King Slime

Sep 20, 2015
    Male
    8:26 PM
    I/L Wizard
    Destined
    Hi guys,

I was wondering whether there are any plans to implement the floating island of Chryse and the Mushroom Kingdom to MapleLegends. I'm pretty sure both of them were introduced prior to the big bang update.

Chryse:

Mushroom Kingdom:

Loved both dungeons, both have great storylines and are very fun to do.
    Thank you for your consideration :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    1:26 PM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Chryse came in v.96, which was post Big Bang and Mushroom kingdom (castle as it was called to in the patch notes) was released in v80 (December of 2008).

I didn't care much for Chryse but Mushroom Kingdom not only was a great quest-line to help though those hellish early level 30 levels, for me it brings back a good amount of nostalgia since I've done it more times than I can count haha.

• Like Like x 7
  3. OP
    OP
    Nemo

Nemo King Slime

Sep 20, 2015
    Male
    I/L Wizard
    Destined
    Chryse came after the big bang update? Huh.. I could've sworn I was there back when GMS was still fun.
    Do you think Chryse could still be added? It's not exactly connected to anything anyway, both Chryse and the Mushroom Kingdom dungeons are pretty much separate from the rest of the Maple world.

4. Kohanto

Kohanto Slime

Sep 21, 2015
    Fighter
    I'd love to see mushroom kingdom come back if possible, loved the areas MapleF15

5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:26 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Tbh it would be complicated to implement chryse because after big bang the hp/exp ratios were changed heavily so chryse mobs would need to be custom to fit in reasonably.
    As to mushroom kingdom, yes please.
    [​IMG]

Kappa
    This place brings so many good memories and partying up to defeat the yetis was really fun! I do believe though that if too many maps are added and there isn't an increase in the server player base, there will be more empty maps and server might look dead in a way.

• Like Like x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    Nemo

Nemo King Slime

Sep 20, 2015
    Male
    I/L Wizard
    Destined
    The thing about Chryse is that you can only visit it between levels 55 and 75. So it's not really that bad.

7. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    I'm really against mushroom kingdom because it makes other places inferior to explore, like aqua road and eos tower.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    The level in which you go isn't the issue, its the exp tables that have been changed in between the version.

It's definitely possible to add, he just means it'll need to be adjusted for the version 62 exp table, to make sure its not extremely op or extremely crappy.

I do agree that adding too many maps may have that effect on the server which is why I don't think these (and a few others) should be added right away. A lot of these can come later down the road as the server grows.

Typically speaking most people stick to the standard places to grind, which would be teddies then LPQ but I do agree that is makes exploring less worth it, which is why it can be implemented but "nerfed". When I say that I mean balanced so its just as good, or a little worse, than going to other regions to grind/explore.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  9. Distance

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    I think that the fact that there is 3x quest exp makes it more beneficial to go explore outside clocktower terrace between 30-35.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I completely agree, if you can find the right quests, questing is much more fun and a lot faster than grinding. Especially at those levels but the around of people that quest is a lot lower than those who grind those levels out. The quest-line is what makes mushroom kingdom so good, itll have to be nerfed to give anything else a chance.

11. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    7:26 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I love the idea of the Mushroom Kingdom.

12. OP
    OP
    Nemo

Nemo King Slime

Sep 20, 2015
    Male
    I/L Wizard
    Destined
    That makes sense, I hope they'll be up for it :)

So you're saying that new maps and quests shouldn't be added because it would reduce the popularity of the old ones? Sorry, but I disagree with that way of thinking. However, it's not up to me to decide. I think that what LatteLatte said would be the right way to implement it into the server:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Mushroom kingdom quest XP would be insanely OP with 3x quest xp. We're talking 30-40+ in a matter of a few hours. If it's added, the quest XP should be altered to make it 1x. Other than that I'm all for the mushroom kingdom being added (if it's even possible).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Distance

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    That's not what I'm saying. Mushroom Kingdom is not only a new map, it's also an op map that can get you fast through 30-35. One of the reasons is because the quests give a lot of exp, and they don't ask for a lot, they ask for things simple as talking to another NPC.

Another reason is that it's a map that has a clear path made for you to progress through from the beginning to the end, no way to go wrong on your journey into Pepe's castle. If you follow the yellow bricked road you will win the exp jackpot.

It's not that people will rather go to Mushroom Kingdom because it's new, it's that people will inevitably be forced to go there to stand a chance in leveling at the same rate as others.

I'm not saying this because I like to make theories up or because making mass assumptions is a hobby of mine. I have played gMS and other servers before, particularly a v83 server that recycled itself three times, it was called MapleFables. In v83 Mushroom Kingdom is already part of the world map, and the community back in the time already figured that it destroys the other maps' value, that's why it was brought up there that the map should be removed.

15. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    11:26 AM
    Paladin
  16. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Also fun fact related to the topic, the header of the website has a picture from Mushroom Kingdom (the right side) :p

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  17. OP
    OP
    Nemo

Nemo King Slime

Sep 20, 2015
    Male
    I/L Wizard
    Destined
    I see. Well, then it should be nerfed, like LatteLatte said.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    7:26 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Looool!

19. OP
    OP
    Nemo

Nemo King Slime

Sep 20, 2015
    Male
    I/L Wizard
    Destined
    Didn't even notice that! Now they have to bring it into the game!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    10:26 AM
    NSFW
    Aren't those both post big bang maps?
    Also as other people are saying the mush kingdom would be OP as shit with the 3x exp