1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Which Version do you like the most? {Answer Truthfully}

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zook, Oct 10, 2015.

Which Version do you like the most? {Answer Truthfully}

1. v.62

2. v.83

3. Other (Reply In Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    4:28 PM
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    First I'd like to say this has nothing to do with Maplelegends being v62 , and nothing about changing it to 83

There are 2 main options to choose from and 1 other option, If you pick other I'd like to see what version is your favorite , so if you could reply to this thread and let me / us know :) .

My own personal vote will have to go to v.83 .. Simply put there is more attributes to the version in terms of scrolls/equips/blessing of cygnus knights, and much more.. Also meaning your damage would be obviously higher, and a bit more flooding of some scrolls with the sheer amount of new maps monsters and bosses. Medals are also cool and back in 83 I think the best one was just the yellow master adventurer one that was like +2 all stats and 200 HP, I believe ? Also maps where you could actually train for godly EXP from like what level 85~140 (would be obviously slower once your 130+ haha) at Galloporeas (sp)? aka Gallops , Scar/Targa (Would have to nerf them to be a bit less than Zak helms so people would still go to Zak and such for the helm and not just books . Also a job I never really had much interest in (Aran) came out and such.

v.62 does have a few benefits as well, such as .. less attributes haha , which means you can focus more on certain upgrades, and not have belts or medals to worry about .. Contradicts what I said about v.83 but that's why i picked 83 and not 62 hah .

Thanks for the read, and if you voted :) I just want to see what everyone likes and says !

Cheers

-Candy

• Like Like x 2
  2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    10:28 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    "First I'd like to say this has nothing to do with Maplelegends being v62 , and nothing about changing it to 83"
    Really? OnionHypno

3. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Yeah dude .. I already know the answer if we ask to switch lol .. I legit want to know everyone's feelings toward which they like better haha , Do you not believe me ? :p v83 for the fucking win tho If Legends DID go to v83 I'd be in heaven

4. Admiral

Admiral Mushmom

May 30, 2015
    Legends' rates and v83 just don't match IMO

5. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Care to explain? :p Is it the Quest EXP youre talking about? Or the exp/drop rate?

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The version before dark/white/chaos scrolls and before pirates whatever version that is.

Don't get me wrong I love 62 as well and actually recently started playing a pirate for the first time which is awesome, but the simple times are so nostalgic.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    11:28 PM
    Ideally I like v73 because of:
    -Magatia & MPQ
    -Cygnus Knights (loved play-style of thunder breaker)
    -CWKPQ
    -ToT
    -Boss PQ /"Find Master M"
    However, I am against playing the game as a constant race to improve your gear/damage and I think that v83 has more additions which are game breaking in that manner, like Belts, the first job ugly bosses/helmets, Kerning Square, Medals for job advancing, Gallos and Aran job. I actually played an Aran when they first came out to level 95, but honestly as much as they are fun they do not fit with old school maple. I think that if there is anything you wish to request that is from later versions then you can open a thread about it, maps and other feats can be added w.o having to change the entire source, but requesting an upgrade to v83 is ridiculous imo.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Thanks for this reply , really put more insight onto what I said about v83 . Yeah Some of the stuff implented inbetween 62~83 is a bit ridiculous .. Those 1st job helmetes or 2nd job or whatever werent they like +12 to your main stat? Like Thieves would get a +12 little horsey hat haha thats lame as hell ..

Also something Kim mentioned about it kind of made beginners obsolete because they couldnt add their own ability points .. Luk/dex/int/str? or something along those lines .. Also making it able to Auto-Assign AP and all that jazz

Did any of the UI change inbetween 62~83? I mean if belts were added than its obvious the equipment UI is different . Not sure if buddylist / guild was changed ..

Also in 83 I like is I'm pretty sure the expedition thing was out .. Where 1 person could manage 6 different parties for bossing and such was pretty bad ass . You could drag and drop people in different parties making it so you can move HB/SE around whenever you wanted, I loved that ..

9. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    9:28 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    gotta be v83 . more shit to do without gettig bored.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I would love to see mu lung dojo added. Not for the belts or any other rewards (other then some exp) for the players who dont have time to sit for 6 hours for a boss to spawn. Or maybe just the other boss pq that was out once. Maybe as an event?

12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The only thing I would still love to have is Monsterbooks, I really don't care about anything else. Monsterbooks came in v67 but v67 already has auto AP, removal of dice, and few other things (v64).

I horribly dislike medals. They are ugly, especially the part that goes under your name.

Pretty sure this is false. It came out even later.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Monsterbook is the shit, PLEASE add that someday Kim, I will love you forever.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    I can find something to enjoy in all versions of MapleStory. I'm probably a minority in that right. I'd still be playing GMS if it didn't empty my wallet so badly and if I had a better computer. I've heard there were changes recently that make it less pay2win... but I really stopped playing once I realized I didn't have the budget to keep up with my friends anymore. (At one point I had a friend that was buying NX for cubes instead of paying his bills!)

Aren't there plenty of v. 83 servers? What draws you to a v.62 if you prefer that version instead?

• Like Like x 1
  15. TumTum

TumTum King Slime

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    I actually liked the version pre 4th job.
    Where everybody was just 3rd job and all jobs were pretty fun in my opinion.
    True hermits, dk's and priest were rather popular but compared to the 4th jobs there isn't such a huge difference in DPS.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    v62, gene spam op ( no ability to jump down in v55 so welp v62 is much better)

but i do like maps/bosses from later versions

// the only thing i really hate about the high versions of maple are potentials and way to many jobs

• Like Like x 1
  17. notaki

notaki Mushmom

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Dominican Republic
    Johel
    Hermit
    My favorite MapleStory is gms, so my favorite version is its version. I'd be playing it if it worked on linux or Windows was open source.

18. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    What made you come to Legends then? o-o Just curious.

• Like Like x 1
  19. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    I would really like mu lung dojo and carnival to be added. I dont really care if you add belts.

20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    GMS still do not support MAC or Linux, which I believe he mentions.

• Like Like x 2