1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

1h vs 2h Hero.

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Shrek, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    7:22 PM
    NurseJoy
    I'm trying to figure out which one I should go for.

The factors that are preventing me from going 1 handed are really just the fact that I cannot find the necessary scrolls (30% 1h scrolls, and 30% shield for attack scrolls.)

What exactly are the pros and cons of one handed vs. two handed sword?

2. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    1:22 AM
    Dark Knight
    Project
  3. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    1 handed means faster but weaker than 2 handed
    1 handed comes with shield which means stronger defence.
    Pretty sure 1 handed swords have a smaller range too, but I could be wrong about that.

1 handed scrolls are as common as 2 handed scrolls, they just go for way less because only a fraction of hero's go 1 handed. plus most people (including myself) throw them away because they never sell when put in shops.

My2ยข

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    So, what would essentially be the best 2h sword to use? The 110 sword?

5. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    6:22 PM
    Paladin
    stonetooth probably, with it being fast and claymore normal. the attack difference is very small too if i remember right.

6. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Technically 1h should be able to do more dps than 2h simply cause red katana op.(besides, higher attackspeed means you get your orbs quicker right?) But yeah if you wanna go 2h Stonetooth is the best damage option but you gotta get that 120 (?) dex

7. Tank

Tank Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Tank
    ENDGAME
    Best 2H game is ST
    Pros:
    1.Due to its super high dex req, you'll rarely need any acc pots, and it'll make you strive for the best +dex gear
    2.Further range for brandish
    3.Stronger attacks (with my range I hit 15-25k per line with brandish)
    4.WITH apple, it becomes stronger than 1H since dmg multiplier is higher
    5.WITH apple and SI, gtfo 1h+shield

Cons:
    1. Slower than 1h
    2. Tons of people like ST so... scrolls are more exp than 1h? (havent played in a while but thats how it was for me)
    3. WITHOUT SI and apple, 1h+shield outdmgs dpm wise because way faster attacks

BEST 1H game is RK
    Pros:
    1. FASTEST attack speed
    2.BEST dpm hero can achieve without apple and SI
    3.Not many Heroes on legends go 1H + shield (cheaper scrolls, not as much competition for "perfect" weapons)
    Cons:
    1. Shorter range with brandish
    2.Weaker attacks (with my range I hit 13-20k per line with brandish, (rough estimate))

IM PROBABLY MISSING TONS OF SHIT, done fast, sorry im playing dota2, if you have any specific questions, ask me

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    7:22 AM
    Off-topic:

You typed all that while playing dota2? Enemy PA too fat and fountain camping your team? Or maybe you boughtback and died to Scythe? :p

9. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    12:22 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Im not gonna type out a 2 page report on this since im on my phone so i am going to stick to the basics.

1h with shield has the highest dpm if you are self buffed (no si) as you are already hitting at the speed cap with rk, si is useless for that 1h build.

2h has a beter dmg multiplier and as such you will be doing bigger individual hits, but you will attack slower resulting in a lower dpm (assuming that you dont have si)
    Another big con of going for a st build is that you will need 120 dex to wear it which means at least 50 base (25 should be max imo)

10. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    Don't forget that Maple Shield isn't in the game yet, so 2H is still in the lead. 1H and ATK shield just costs way too much to compete with the DPM on ST

11. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    12:22 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    No.
    A good st would cost a fortune as well and saying that 2h is ahead right now is just plainly wrong.

Assuming equally good gear and selfbuffed, 1h with shield wins in dpm.

12. Tank

Tank Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Tank
    LOLOLOL bulba, it was the picking phase, and I felt my rubick... so i picked first, it gave me a few minutes to type that, JS... I OWNED ASS, we were losing, stole the bh and wiped their team, then after cd, i used to kill am and panda again so... ya MVP -flings hair-

13. Salamander

Salamander Timer

Jun 16, 2015
    Male
    9:22 AM
    Salamander
    Dark Knight
    smells like 4k

14. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    several studies show that onyx apple and si make 2h much better. what are you even talking about lmao. do people not use those 2 things in raids on this server or something?

15. Nave

Nave Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Zane
    Reformed
    2h swords have more "potential" due to their higher multiplier and i couldn't care less whether i 2hit skeles 10 milliseconds faster or not (still spending majority of time walking to them xd). what i do care about is max. dmg output in boss runs doe and that's where 2h weapons like the st sword shine. also 2h sword 30% scrolls are much easier to find than 1h sword 30% scrolls, especially after the gacha revamp.