1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Meso Drop Rate?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Lionheart, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:08 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I've noticed this certain detail every now and then, think maybe I should say something, but then keep forgetting...

I think meso drop rate on mobs is 100% on Legends. But on official servers, didn't mobs only drop mesos 60-70% of the time?

Perhaps it's best to start tapering down the drop rates...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:08 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Eh, as far as I remember. Mesos always dropped from mobs, I could be wrong tho :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    No, I clearly remember that mesos didn't always drop.

lol and I just posted like 5 videos in the ToT thread. You can clearly see that many times mesos don't drop. Maybe i'll just go and try to count about how often this happens. :p

edit: In the very first video with the black bishop with blonde fro, from the mobs that could clearly be seen, only 15 out of 23 dropped mesos. That's about 65%.

In the 2nd video with the shadower, 19/28 killed mobs dropped mesos. About 69%. And I'm not sure if Taunt increased the drop rate at all.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  4. JustLikeFM

JustLikeFM Slime

Oct 25, 2015
    Male
    5:08 PM
    RiverSong
    Assassin
    Misfits
    I hadn't even noticed this until now. Great find.

(Also how did that guy have problems with getting mesos if it literally drops 100% of the time?)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    11:08 PM
    Meso drop rate (as well as mob etc) are not 100%, but very high, more so than GMS. This is to help newer players with their pot money early on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustLikeFM

JustLikeFM Slime

Oct 25, 2015
    Male
    RiverSong
    Assassin
    Misfits
    So do you (the game mods) agree that there is too much money on the server that is inflating prices? I'm asking because lowering the meso drop rate of mobs 70+ might help out with that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    11:08 PM
    Personally I would have preferred GMS-like drop rates from the start of the server, but now I don't think even that would have curbed the excess amount of mesos circulating in the economy. The core problem to me seem to lie with the massive farming capabilities of the Magician classes. But it's still up for discussion if we should lower these drop rates to help the situation a little.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JustLikeFM

JustLikeFM Slime

Oct 25, 2015
    Male
    RiverSong
    Assassin
    Misfits
    Alright. It seems like you guys are thinking about it, which is good enough for me. I'm sure you know what you're doing. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    11:08 AM
    Moderator Post
    Accepted.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Well lets see what happends. I personally dont feel like the amount of mesos in the economie is a problem but more the distribution. This wont change anything about that, maybe even makes the riches more rich since the equipment drops they recieve are worth more (npc wise).

Cause just to be sure, the (biggest) problem was that scrolls were not accesable to everyone right?

• Like Like x 4
  11. IEatBabies

IEatBabies Red Snail

Nov 3, 2015
    Male
    lEatBabies
    Cleric
    Misfits
    As someone who recently started on the server - I don't think lowering meso drops is going to help any new players.

Currently the only way for me to get pot money is to grind somewhere I can easily kill the mobs without burning too much MP and collecting mesos/drops to NPC.

If this rate were lowered, I would have a harder time buying pots than I already do. This would just serve to ensure that newer people have less mesos to spend, and thus make getting equips similar to the rich people on the server even more difficult. Unless there is a plan to reduce what people already have it'll just make it harder for us. This isn't going to reduce scroll prices as far as I can see. New people already don't have the money to buy scrolls, so we're not affecting the price as is. And people who are rich will still be able to purchase at the current inflated prices.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well I'd agree that new players generally struggle with mesos, but high level players don't (or shouldn't). As mob levels get higher, they should approach these drop rates... if not, just 60-70% for all mobs. Cause even for newbies it's still probably not going to make much of an impact compared to when equips drop or when you get scrolls from PQs or quests that you can sell for over a million mesos.

If you just get ONE such scroll, you should be set till like lv 50. So all the complaining really isn't warranted.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Ok. Make this only apply to mobs above a certain level, say 50?

Great suggestion btw lion.

• Like Like x 2
  14. IEatBabies

IEatBabies Red Snail

Nov 3, 2015
    Male
    lEatBabies
    Cleric
    Misfits
    Maybe it's just me, and I'm bad with managing pots and have bad luck or whatever, but the scrolls I got from KPQ/LPQ have not given me enough for pots. I've always had to resort to farming easier mobs to get money.

I'm a Cleric, so I supposedly should be using less pots than other classes, so I don't know how true your statement about getting ONE good scroll from KPQ is. I was lucky enough to have someone help me early game and drop me 1mil for pots, but that only lasted 25-35 for me before I had to buy more. One scroll from LPQ/KPQ will definitely not last you until 50, let's be real.

I do agree that reducing rates above level 70 wouldn't be a bad idea, if this isn't including reducing etc and equip drop rates.

• Like Like x 3
  15. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lul a cleric... Did you sell all your HP potions? After you even get one level of heal, you don't need them.

Another question: do you use magic guard all the time? It's another newbie mistake. It wastes all your MP and costs more mesos.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Oa int 60 from lpq can be sold for like 5m, i am pretty sure that is enough to lvl 50. You can also grind at platoon chronos for gfa 60 or master chronos for helm dex 60s which sell for 2m and 7-8m respectively.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Seems like most people support the idea. I won't complain then, but in my opinion this won't solve the issue and might even create a new issue. Also I'm above level 70, and while grinding I do not get much more mesos then I spent on pots, this mesos change will probably deminish this completely. Is it still worth grinding then?!?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Just wait for max shadow shifter

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    8:08 AM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    I think the problem is that the veteran players are all looking at this from hindsight. We as new players generally have no idea what the prices are and stick to the basics. No one's first intuition is to search through the entire fm, find out what drops from where, and hunt the most optimum monster. We follow the tutorial, kill the first thing we see, and collect whatever falls out of the monsters in our way. With a little experience, yes, you could do all of those things stated above, but until we find out this information for ourselves, it wouldn't really be considered an option.

I'm in favor of reducing late game meso drop amount and rates as long as the lower to mid levels remain at 100%.

• Like Like x 5
  20. JustLikeFM

JustLikeFM Slime

Oct 25, 2015
    Male
    RiverSong
    Assassin
    Misfits
    What exactly was accepted? :)

• Like Like x 1