1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Meso Drop Rate?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Lionheart, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:35 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:35 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Eh. I never had problems with mesos when first starting out on this server. Somehow, I was constantly like a meso-making machine, with my use inventory overflowing!

Why? Doing all those early quests gets you lots of useful items and exp. Also, I knew all the basics of maplestory. Yeah, it kind of sucks if you know nothing about the game. You might accidentally throw away something that is actually very valuable or get scammed. Or waste all your money. But I guess that's just how it is for those who don't know what they're doing and don't bother to ask.

The thing is, it's the people who do know what they're doing who exert the most influence on the economy. The server needs to be tailored to these people so that things don't get out of control. Hand holding newbies doesn't solve anything. They have to get financially stable themselves. If players give up out of frustration because they have no money for anything at level 14, they're likely to give up at lv 28 when they feel grinding becomes too tedious.

We all know there are plenty of ways to make money and level efficiently even as low level, so the solution isn't to make things even easier at that level but rather make sure new players would be aware of them.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    1:35 AM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    Perhaps the staff could implement a message box appearing when you first leave maple island or when you get your first job advancement or even edit that beginner book you get when you first start out. It would give the players a hint to go on the forums searching for guides or include some basic tips on how to earn mesos as a beginner. Add in an image change and it makes clicking the book to be something every new player would consider doing. SlimeXD

• Like Like x 3
  4. plnko

plnko Orange Mushroom

Sep 2, 2015
    Warrior

This is pretty much true word for word. And unfortunately, the reality is that the server holds an atrocious amount of people that HAVE the power to do something, but just don't.
    I've also never had a problem making money ever. And unfortunately because i prefer being a solo player/guildless I don't have as much pull and push on the economy as i'd like to have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    9:35 AM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    I see some people selling shit for OP, trying to 'merch', but what they don't realise is that they are making prices inflate and making it harder for themselves to afford other things they might need.

Sure you made 2m profit off that scroll you don't need, but now the scrolls you need increase in price by the same amount, so you lose out on more.

6. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    4:35 AM
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    The price wouldnt increase unless there was a fundamental reason. If that scroll wasnt worth that extra 2m it wouldve never sold in the first place.

Merchers only converge the market, they do not inflate it, unless you are talking about cases where market manipulation is happening.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    9:35 AM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    ya like ppl buying shit and sellin it then others just setting it to that price as well

e.g gfa 60, 1 guy sells it at above 2m now ppl tryna sell it at 4m each, desperate ppl still buy, i wouldn't but ya...

8. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:35 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well desperate/impatient people are what drive the prices up... but you know, how desperate do you have to be?? Obviously, if you have hundreds of millions of mesos sitting around on your character, this plays a significant factor.

Obviously when a certain someone or faction decide to buy up ALL of a certain type of item and hoard them all, we have market manipulation and prices inflate. But I think normally market manipulation backfires on those people.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Juan

Juan Red Snail

Oct 21, 2015
    Male
    JuanPi
    I remember I struggled a lot early levels because lack of mesos, even picking up all drops and using all quest's pots I got. Maybe we should reduce the amount of mesos dropped, but increase the pot drop chance(The red and blue ones)?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    10:35 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    This combined with the gach revamp seems to work out quite well (except for some scrolls which seem to not be obtainable through gach anymore).
    Scroll prices seem to be dropping.

Didnt except it, but not to proud to say I was wrong.

Still I do question whether low level players have more acces to scrolls now...

11. JustLikeFM

JustLikeFM Slime

Oct 25, 2015
    Male
    RiverSong
    Assassin
    Misfits
    I'm glad too. As to your question: there seems to be a misunderstanding. Low level players don't need to have access to scrolls. 100%s are still available, but it's not an actual problem that 60%, 30% and 70% are not cheap. They're supposed to be rare.

12. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I kinda agree. I indeed feel like it wouldn't work if low levels had scroll to toss arround. Yet I feel like they should be able to scroll 1 item of their gear, for example their overall with better then 100% scrolls.

Edit-
    By low levels I mean below 3rd job.

13. JustLikeFM

JustLikeFM Slime

Oct 25, 2015
    Male
    RiverSong
    Assassin
    Misfits
    Why? :) They weren't really able to back in the day. Also if you are low lvl, the best way to improve your dmg is to actually lvl up to get to higher level gear instead of scrolling low lvl gear that you'll eventually grow out of.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Some people never grow out of their bathrobes SlimeLaugh

15. Shaved

Shaved Mixed Golem

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Ceylon/Shaved
    Night Lord
    Fairy Tail
    worst idea eu why the fuck nerf meso rare f7

16. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I thought so to, but I really think it is for the better for the whole server.
    Also B>>ur craven. ;p

17. JustLikeFM

JustLikeFM Slime

Oct 25, 2015
    Male
    RiverSong
    Assassin
    Misfits
    Then again those people are most likely not new players. ;)

18. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    4:35 AM
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015