1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Does weapon attack speed of wands/staffs affect casting speed of magic attack skills?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by KOSEM, Dec 5, 2015.

1. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    10:05 PM
  2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I honestly wondered this too for a long time. Im quite sure it depends on the skill, like I feel like it changes for magic claw, yet stays the same for genesis. Not sure can't give u a conclusive answer ;(.

3. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    This reminds me - what about Spell Booster? Does that really increase casting speed, so that makes Mages attack faster than priests/bishops?

I'm not sure myself. Maybe an Arch mage/mage out there could hop in to this thread and answer the questions...

4. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    11:05 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    The attack speed of the wands/staff are how fast you hit with ur wand/staff aka pressing Ctrl. Not how fast you cast spells and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Of course Spell Booster increases the casting speed. It's called "spell booster" for a reason.. it even increases the speed of basic attacking (Ctrl). Making Arch Mages attack faster than priests and bishops yes. But it doesn't really matter since the delay on Genesis is much shorter than on Blizzard/Meteor. #BerfNishops

I'm also positive the speed on the weapon affects casting speed as well. But that's just what I remember from Ems, so I could be wrong on that one.

6. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Every single spell (so any Mage skill, other jobs excluded) in the game is not affected by Weapon speed, only by the spell's speed and Spell Booster. The only exception is the skill Explosion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:05 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    You forgot they are also affected by Speed Infusion

8. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    You win this one, Gon. Kappa

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I know that using booster of warrior make Roar have much faster speed, I am unsure right now why it makes it faster for some skills but not all.

10. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Okay! Thanks! That was very helpful to know.