1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Corsair guide?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by lazybreeze, Dec 14, 2015.

1. lazybreeze

lazybreeze Blue Snail

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    3:54 AM
    Angemon
    Hi ya'll,

I was thinking of starting a corsair.

Are there any recommended guides for them, that would be applicable to legends?

2. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    9:54 AM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I can help you in 1st and 2nd job so far ^^

Also read up on 3rd and 4th job, so feel free to ask if you need anything :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  4. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    ~Demure~
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    lazybreeze

lazybreeze Blue Snail

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Angemon
  6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Hmm, I would say low str, but I think you need quite some mesos for that.

7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Why do people always say that? Not flaming actually curious.
    The same thing is always said about dexless sins but if you're unfunded you'll be doing less damage anyways, if anything you'll be saving money on all the lvl appropriate equips you'd have to buy.

8. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    ~Demure~
    I guess one advantage to being low-Str and getting str equips, is that your base Dex will be higher, making the amount of Dex you get from Maple Warrior higher. Since Mw only multiplies your base stat :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:54 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I always wondered why people say that too. I think it's because the more you have of your primary stat, the better you scale off of Att. so if you can get common Att items, that generally tend to cost a lot, you'll have more damage than a normal stat distribution build. But if you can't, the normal stat distribution build allows you to equip higher level weapons for your class, therefor get more Att without paying as much.

10. OP
    OP
    lazybreeze

lazybreeze Blue Snail

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Angemon
    Do you have a suggested ap build that would apply to the legends server? Thanks.

11. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    ~Demure~
    If you want to be able to equip guns and armor ( which I recommend), you need the same amount the STR as the weapon's/armor's lvl. So if you're lvl 30 you should go for 30 STR. Basically add 1 each lvl. Unless you get some STR gear, which I also recommend :)

12. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Might be a tiny bit rude of me to say this, but unless you are ready to work really really hard, and find it worth your time and effort to climb to 120, dont make corsair. They are amazing at 4th job, but the path to 4th is simply crap. I was in shock I even made it to 30 a while back. They're very hard to train before 4th!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:54 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    No judging, but I actually would recommend them, even though tough to train at first, they're actually very mechanically enjoyable, and actually your third job single target is 3 times range*170, which is pretty damn amazing. So it's not only fourth you have to wait for, third is nice too.

• Like Like x 3
  14. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Rapid fire is a BEAST, so it can be worth the effort, but 3rd job has little to offer man. Hermits beat them to it at that point. The path to 4th job is just a path taht you have to think twice before you take it...Its not a simple mission to reach 120 on a Corsair. They're like an inferior version of hermits/rangers before 4th job.

The only time I would go with corsair is if I have the patience of months to get them up to 120. but again, there are exceptions. If you have people to leech you during the path to 120, and you are generally hardcore, you can do it even in 1 month if you really wanted to.

15. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    ~Demure~
    They are in no way an inferior version of hermits/rangers.
    Corsairs are an interesting mix between lots of classes.
    You don't have to work "very hard" to make it as a corsair, and the path isn't "simply crap". If you only made it to 30 you don't have anything to back that statement up. Once you get mastery and invisible shot, you'll do just fine.
    I respect people who chooses a more unique and difficult path.
    On the other hand I really disrespect people who makes a poll asking what the easiest job to level is, and at the same time tell people not to make a corsair, cause they're too "difficult". Kosem you really are a special one :D

I totally agree with Noam. They are a lot of fun, and I'd recommend them as well :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Fredrik

Fredrik Chronos

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Feddieze/Blackbird
    Shadower
    Halyconrad
    Agreeing with both Slime and Yozich. I've played a little on a gunslinger and they are just really fun. Compared to the bandit class which I main you have a few attacks to choose from already in the second job, and even a short cool down on the recoil shot to track. They actually have some mechanical depth early on which is rewarding when you master. It's true that their single target dmg on second job isn't that impressive, but I don't think it's any worse than having zero mobbing ability on bandit or low mobility on warriors.

Also it's really fun to see something else than assassins and priests all over ^^

• Like Like x 3
  17. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    2:54 AM
    Let's fill up the server with Bishops and NL's then!!!
    (Ironic)
    It's true that some characters are harder than others, but it doesnt mean that you shouldn't play them. It's a game so take it easy. This game is more that leveling up faster and making mesos!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Alfred

Alfred Blue Snail

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Cronix
    Beginner
    Hi,

A question which is to the subject. When I hit 70, should I snipe newties or should I go with the mobbing build in 3rd job? Which is preferable? Pros/cons? It says some of it in the guide linked above, however I want your opinions.

Thanks in advance

19. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    ~Demure~
    I'd suggest going to wr and train using burst fire and invincible shot :)
    Wait with newts untill 80-90'ish

20. Guilherme

Guilherme Red Snail

Jan 5, 2016
    Male
    Brazil
    4:54 AM
    PiuDGL
    Assassin
    CosaNostra
    Basically the difference between dexless and low-dex is around lvl 35 when you grab Maple Claw or go to Guards/Guardian.
    But we don't have Maple Items until now, do we? MapleF4 So, for a Dexless Sin u have to wait lvl 55 for a Shinobi Bracer to leave your Garnier, in other words, 45 lvl with a 10 atk clawMapleF5... Is quite a s**t.MapleF9

Think in that way, in order to substantially increase your damage after 2th job, and make u lvl up more effective - once u are REQUIRED TO HAVE 35 Dex - the expense is just only 3-5 AP lvl in Dex. 3 for Meba (fastest possibly atk w/ Claw Booster)MapleF15 / 5 for Guards/Guardian (I explain down here)
    Don't forget a little more of accuracy is always welcome.MapleF17

Besides everything I already say, if u have 60 dex w/ LVL 30 thief equip (without any Scroll) and Green Bamboom HatMapleF14 (Soblet, I'm very thankful for that oneMapleF16) u got 10 dex and change your Guards L30 for a Guardian L35 or pick full LUK item and keep Guardian.

With this you lvl up faster and better, AND when u take Shinobi Bracer in L55 u can buy some AP reset and go for Dexless Sin. After some HP Wash, of course.MapleF13

So, in this server, Desless Sin is much more expensive than LowDex, and less effecient in L30~55. Late Desless Sin still is betterMapleF12MapleF18, but 5K NX every day (really, REALLY, thx MapleLegends... I love you MapleF16MapleF15MapleF16) help with that.