1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skele Maps

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Zeretius, Nov 22, 2015.

Do you want more skele maps?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2015.
  1. Yes.

64.9%
  2. No.

35.1%
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:19 PM
    Moderator Post
    Auto is correct.

The way mini dungeons work (believe it or not) is actually really lazy. In the map.wz there's about 30 clones of same map (very friendly to size) and code would just send you to next MapID if someone else is in the other. Yes, the current code doesn't do this (correct once again), but I am pretty sure its because we never bothered since the other mini dungeons barely get used, so people can just CC.

Though I am also not 100% sure if the older mini dungeons even do have it. However, its surely the case for the newer mini dungeons, including the Skelegon one Neckson added at a later version (Around 83?).

• Like Like x 3
  2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Only just after the halloween event when everyone was hunting pigheads all 4 pig minidungeons were full ;p. No need to change them indeed. And as a start (if it gets implemented) I feel like +4 skele maps would be fine already too.

3. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    4:19 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    So it would be possible to add skele mini dungeons? I think we can all agree this is necessary as more and more people get to 4th job.

4. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I think it would be a good idea and the poll is also leaning towards it. As much as people want to argue training with a bishop here is currently the best in the game, sure you can go to different spots and receive like 10% lower exp per hour but what I've noticed is if people aren't getting the best exp they can, then they simply just don't train...

"It's like if you had the option to make $20/hr or $15/hr but only 4 people can make $20/hr and the rest get $15/hr, sure if you need the money you can get $5 dollar less an hour or you can just wait to get $20 an hour."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:19 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I just think the last thing this server needs is more skeles. Too many people already train there; their drops are pretty much worthless and only NPC value.

It just grinds my gears when I hear people complaining something isn't "optimal". It's that same line of thinking that simultaneously drives the community apart, and also drives people insane to quitting when they nolife too hard. No one wants to help an alliance member PQ because they get 60% an hour grinding but maybe only 45% an hour doing the PQ. No one wants to 3-man skeles cause they'd get 10% an hour, but 2-man they get 12% an hour. etc

Nerf mage aoe, nerf HS, nerf skeles, buff other areas, but for the love of god no more skeles please.

• Like Like x 5
  6. thuyzinho

thuyzinho Horny Mushroom

Sep 19, 2015
    Male
    5:19 PM
    Dragon Knight
    FaerieCircle
    i believe 8 instead 4 maps is good. better than nothing

7. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    no

• Like Like x 2
  8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Poll is closed, seems like the majority agrees that more skele maps would be really nice.

LF>>more skele maps Onionthehehe

9. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    1:19 PM
    Adding more Skelegon maps isn't the right answer but rather, adding alternative training mobs. Someone has mentioned earlier that temple of time is a good alternative, it isn't as packed as skelegons and the spawn rate is pretty well off. The game needs more variety so balancing spawn rates of other mobs would make them a viable training map in comparison to Skelegons. It would solve the problem of overpopulated training maps and induce more "exploration".

• Like Like x 5
  10. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Going to bump this, Just for the fact that Skele maps are getting unbearably packed.

Also people holding maps for hours on mules because how @mapowner works. (not going to lie i have done this too) It's just not fair.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    +1 for ulu city pleaseeee

12. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I like the ulu-city idea too :)

13. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    11:19 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Wtf is ulu city? Dont remember anything named ulu city in gms.

14. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I dont remember it being in ems either, though you can check it on youtube. Seems kinda cool, but I feel it needs balancing if it were to be added.

15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Most likely going put the Skelegon dungeons in the next .wz files (main topic here). While I doubt we need 50 instances of skelegons (what Neckson uses) I think I am fine with adding 4 more (1 dungeon each channel), and maybe increase if we get bigger. I hate adding channels for just 1 map, since it splits the server, so I prefer this much more.

Difference between a dungeon and the real Skeelgon map (done by Neckson):

-There's a 2 hour timer. If this exceeded, you are kicked out automatically. No, I will not remove it.
    -You can only get in with your party, like the other dungeons.

Some argue that waiting for a map was part of GMS, while other point out how waiting for a map is just not a nice thing to do. In GMS people didn't really waited for a map; they kill steal in the map because there was no punishment for KSing, unlike here. Therefor, I currently have the impression that waiting just became a thing here due to mapowner, so I want solve the problem.

For those curious: Skelegon dungeons (and other new dungeons such as Nest golems) came out in v0.67

• Like Like x 19
  16. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    UR THE BEST <3

17. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    i think that i like how things are right now.
    i really like to wake up in the morning and get a skele map so people train with me. more skele maps people will be more apart. giving me less motivation to grind

18. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Ill grind with you buddy =D

• Like Like x 1
  19. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Just train at ToT ffs
    It got added for a reason

• Like Like x 5
  20. Fredrik

Fredrik Chronos

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Feddieze/Blackbird
    Shadower
    Halyconrad
    This is the best news I've had in a while now!
    I could make a long post about how frustrated I've been trying to find free maps, and how counter productive the whole concept is of having only 4 optimal grinding spots, but I'm sure there have been a lot of posts like that so I'm just gonna leave it at:
    THANK YOU! PLEASE DO THIS <3

(always looking for bishops to grind with, feel free to add/msg me^^)

• Like Like x 2