1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Corsair guide?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by lazybreeze, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    2:55 PM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I don't think you realise this thread is about corsairs, and not thiefs >.<

2. Guilherme

Guilherme Red Snail

Jan 5, 2016
    Male
    Brazil
    9:55 AM
    PiuDGL
    Assassin
    CosaNostra
    Sorry about that, I said cuz they compared DexLess Sin w/ StrLess Corsair and I want explain the diferente between ***Less and Low *** isn't so simple. And I just have knowledge in Sins and PriestMapleF12, so I do the best I could w/ that. MapleF2

3. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Ah, I see c':

4. Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    In my honest opinion Corsairs aren't like any other class out there.
    Which is a good thing for alot of people (= Unique) but on the other hand the learning curve is a bit longer..

For example at bosses like zakum:

Nightlords have to:
    - Attack
    - Barely reposition due to super high avoidability and if they have to do it it will be fast due to haste
    - Survive (again easy due to super high avoidability)
    - Use all-cures

Bowmaster have to:
    - Attack
    - Sharp eyes the team
    - Survive
    - Use all-cures

Corsairs have to:
    - Attack (+ Cast Bullseye on your target)
    - Reposition ALOT and if you're on your ship your movement speed is very limited (AKA less time your attacking)
    - Unship when zakum casts a 1/1 attack so your ship lasts longer (which takes a while to master)
    - Survive (which is also harder because you shouldn't outwash Horntails maximum hit, unless you master the Unshipping method)
    - Use all-cures

So you see you have to master the unshipping method plus you are slower plus you have limitted HP plus barely any avoidability.
    In theory though, Corsairs outdamage every class, in reality though it's very hard to achieve this...
    So like every class it has it's pros and cons: Unique, theoretically highest damage (but in reality still one of the highest out there) , alot of fun
    BUT Hard to master, long route till 150 (which is when you really start to shine), people will laugh at you because you die alot when you try to master the unshipping method f3, you have to scroll most things yourself since there aren't alot of other Corsairs out there (+ we have the most expensive 30% weapon scrolls).

So... CORSAIRS FTW GUYS OMG MAKE ONE RIGHT NOW FUCK NIGHTLORDS.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    7:55 AM
    Nice explanation, I just have one question...what do you mean by 'outwash' Horntail's hit? Is it having more HP than it or less?
    Thanks in advance.

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The more hp you have the more damage the 1/1 attack does which causes your ship to go down faster. By outwash he means having more hp than required.

• Like Like x 1