1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

guide crossbowman help

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by sacredsoul, Jan 11, 2016.

1. sacredsoul

sacredsoul Blue Snail

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    1:59 PM
    Crossbowman
    Pls i need help, training/leveling crossbowman lv43 to 120

2. Jones

Jones Orange Mushroom

Nov 29, 2015
    Male
    between life and death, also known as salt mines.
    7:59 PM
    Incognito
    I/L Mage
    lpq till 51, then opq or if you have damage to kill voodoos/gs2 at lvl60

• Like Like x 1
  3. pannenkoek

pannenkoek Horny Mushroom

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    6:59 PM
    xBowMaster
    Marksman
    GoedVerhaal!
    For 43 to 51 go LPQ or platoon/master chronos

At level 51 go OPQ or LMPQ or master chronos till around 58-60

Also I kinda enjoyed my way from lv 60ish to 70 at FOG, also chance of getting 60% GFA which is nice!
    And they do drop clothes for lv 60 archer

• Like Like x 1
  4. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    12:59 PM
    Samus
    Marksman
    I think platoon chronos is actually better than master for lvl 50s, because the map is really good for xbows (something very rare) but master chronos is still good for helm dex and the exp probably isn't bad.
    Going to FoG or ghost ship in 60s is pretty good, especially ghost ship if you get a training partner or even a cleric friend.
    From 70 I would recommend doing early arrow eruption because it's good first at ghost ship/mp3 and also at WR, which is really nice exp even up to like 85.
    After that you can try out newties if you're careful and have good strafe and hp, or gobies if you have decent strafe/arrow eruption. Typhons are also great and they don't hit hard, but they can be annoying.

...I should really make a crossbow guide MapleF12

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    sacredsoul

sacredsoul Blue Snail

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    1:59 PM
    Crossbowman
  6. xAznMikeyx

xAznMikeyx Mushmom

Dec 23, 2015
    Male
    9:59 AM
    xAznMikeyx
    Marksman
    Project
    At level 43, I would prefer LPQ (if you are planning to get an eye accessory item "Broken Glasses"). If you don't like to PQ often, I would highly recommend training in Monkey Forest 2, which is a map where you have safe spots to lure and kill some Lupins and Zombie Lupins. Once you learn how to properly train there, you should at least gain approximately between 1 - 3% EPM just by soloing.

Here is a recommended training guide if you xbow's needed some fast levels:
    Level 10 - 20: Athena Pierce's Quest, HPQ, Henesys Hunting Ground 1 (HHG1)
    Level 21 - 30: KPQ
    Level 31 - 34: Ludibrium : Terrace Hall (Brown and Pink Teddies in Ludibrium)
    Level 35 - 59: Monkey Forest 2 (BEST PLACE TO TRAIN WITH HUNTER)
    Level 60 - 90:
    Crimsonwood Mountain : Lower Accent (This place will NOT be recommended for those who are NOT experienced at JQ and have not received the Mark of Heroism. However, the EPM is exceptionally amazing), Ghost Ship 2 (Recommended for those who maxed AE).
    Level 90 - 125: Cavern of Honor (Nightshadows have very high hp and deals 1.5k - 2k damage. Good training place after you maxed AE. Remember to have a good damage range to train there.)
    Level 125-200: Leafre : The Dragon Nest Left Behind
    This guide will be extremely helpful for those who are new to this server or new to xbow's. If you have any questions or concerns that relate to this training guide, please feel free to PM or message me ingame. MapleF2

• Like Like x 2
  7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Monkey Forest 2 doesn't apply to xbows.

8. Togain

Togain Orange Mushroom

Sep 28, 2015
    Horntail's Cave
    11:59 AM
    Togain
    Dark Knight
    It absolutely does, I've trained there myself perfectly fine.

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    "Perfectly fine" is neither perfect nor fine. It works, sure, but not nearly as well as it does for Hunters and it's far from the best place at that level for an Xbow.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Togain

Togain Orange Mushroom

Sep 28, 2015
    Horntail's Cave
    Togain
    Dark Knight
    Don't argue semantics with me. It works better than most training spots at that level for xbows as efficiently as it does for hunters.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    Depending on your patience you could follow in my steps

NPC quests and Book Ghosts to 70
    Ghostship/MP3 until 81
    Spirit Vikings... Until max SE?

12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Not without a Hunter carrying one shelf and no hunter will do that. I mean it works but no.. No-where near the best, semantics aside.

13. xAznMikeyx

xAznMikeyx Mushmom

Dec 23, 2015
    Male
    xAznMikeyx
    Marksman
    Project
    Spirit Vikings are decent as well because they drop ilbis and Scroll for Earring for DEX 60%. The HP they have is 50k compared to NS (which is 70k HP). The only part that concerns me are the pot wastage and the time it takes to maneuver around. Each spirit viking killed = 4.2k exp. Each NS killed = 7.2k exp. It may seem like a very large difference in exp.. but for every 50 NS badge you have, you can use it for exchange quest to gain 1.5m and other items as well. Sometimes going to Cavern of Honor is a pain, but once you complete a set of quests and obtain the Mark of Heroism. Training there would simply be easy without having to go to that training place the long way and lose 10% of your exp from an accidental death at the JQ and/or BF. In addition, we wouldn't take as much maneuvering compared to Spirit Vikings. Gobis and Squids are also good Level 90+ training spots for those with MAX AE, but I have not yet personally trained there myself.

[Edit]: I have recently tested out Vikings. It doesn't require much maneuvering if you are smart enough to handle them. It is now pretty much the best training spot for level 90+ xbows who have max AE

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  14. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Another person not reading the BOLD FONT BESIDE MONKEY FOREST 2 that says WITH HUNTERS in PARENTHESIS... Goodjob on reading bro...

15. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    xAznMikeyxxAznMikeyx

I'm not very knowledgable in the realm of Masteria in general, but the time I've spent at Spirit Vikings was mainly relegated to the one platform at the bottom where Snipers (as well as some Rangers and I/Ls) basically hit the mobs from a "safe" spot via AE (Arrow Rain/Ice Strike). For a majority of that time I only spent 150 barbarian elixirs and 1200 mana elixirs, effectively making a level ~1 mil in pots in 3 hours (until level 99/100).

Perhaps Nightshadows are better, but I'm just a patient guy who's spent quite a bit of time at Spirit Vikings, each to his own OnionPerfect

• Like Like x 1
  16. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    This post isn't about hunters.
    Goodjob on reading bro...

17. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Just saying, the person included with hunters to train with at a certain map. Not sure you know what the with means... Let me explain, it means the crossbowman (what the post is asking for was a guide for this class) can train in the area with hunters. You just completely ignored that even though the thread is asking for a guide (yet again I'm restating what I previously said). The Crossbowman guide can include other characters since, guides don't completely ignore other classes unless they're utterly useless in which point they may mention NOT to train with them in a certain area and a reason as to WHY you DON'T train with them.

18. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    you've clearly never been in that situation
    if there's a hunter handling the top shelf and a crossbowman handling the bottom shelf, the hunter will be doing ALL the heavy lifting and will often be going to the bottom shelf to mop up what the crossbowman couldn't kill, then go to the top and reboot the cycle. Where i'm from we call such an imbalance of power "leeching". And this is not a leeching guide.

I can't believe i actually had to spell something so obvious out for you. Now never speak with authority on topics with which you have no experience ever again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    7:59 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Your message was fine until the last part, please dont "attack" people.

20. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    LOL! I believe no one stated it's a leeching guide or was not a leeching guide or even a combination of the two. Also I may want to tell you that person stated it was the BEST place to train for crossbowman. I was only restating what he said, since it seems he has some experience in training crossbowman. Pretty difficult to say it's not the best place when as you've said I don't have any experience in playing xbowman. Regardless, he said it's the best place for xbowman to train. Don't forget, it's the best place. Just gonna say it one more time. Best place.

• Like Like x 1