1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bonus EXP on Maps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bobbykimchee, Jan 23, 2016.

Would you want the thrill if being able to find 2.25x maps?

1. Yee boi.

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Naw fam.

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    3:47 PM
    Hey everybody! I just wanted to suggest an idea and Ill just get straight to the point. I think this is a concept from GMS, but im not quite sure. If a map is left untouched for more than 12 hours, the monsters in the untouched map should give 2.25 or however much modified exp for say.. 2 hours or so. These numbers are just placeholders, and can be modified to other desirable rates.

I know things have been implemented to make other training locations more valid such as increased spawn rate. However, I still feel as if the bulk of the players stick to the mainstream training spots, with good reason of course.

Now, before I get written off as one of those people who want extra exp, hear me out. Personally, maplestory is at its best when there is a sense of adventure. I feel that implementing this concept would encourage maplers to venture out to the dusty corners of the maple world in an effort to find spots that have monsters that give bonus exp. Mainly, this would make the server seem more bustling and at the same time, provide now viable alternate training spots when the mainstream spots are full.

Since the server population is still quite unable to fill up the four channels, we could have this concept only in channel 1.

"This would basically make the rates 2.25x exp."
    Well, initially, that would be true. But because people would scavange these maps over time, it would no longer be "untouched" and would reset the exp back to its original rate. The term "untouched" means that a player had not entered it.

"This is just like having 2x exp cards. People will only play when there are 2.25x exp maps."
    In a sense, it is true for some people. But the catch is, people will never know which map has 2.25x exp and which map doesnt. This would hypothetically encourage people to search for alternate maps, and would encourage adventure, thus serving its purpose.

Well that concludes my ramble. Any counterarguments are encouraged. That being said, thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dean

Dean Stone Golem

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    Bulgaria
    4:47 AM
    Dean/Experience
    Corsair
    Demure
    I sort of like it to be honest. Hunting maps does sound interesting LOL.
    You should add a poll!

• Like Like x 1
  3. NoobCakes

NoobCakes Mushmom

Nov 11, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    9:47 PM
    NoobyCakes
    Chief Bandit
    I think this is an interesting idea, but due to the low server population, almost every single map would end up having the 2.25x exp.

4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:47 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    With the player base there is and the amount of chs in the server, it would be easy to find enough maps to be grinding for a few hours. ToT maps would be OP af to begin with.

5. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Orange Mushroom

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    6:47 PM
    Leecher
    Magician
    Dalmascus
    I think this would be an interesting way of opening up more training areas in the more populated leveling brackets (say levels 50-120)

6. OP
    OP
    Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    Mmm.. I dont think you read it all the way through?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Skeles will be the same or more exp than ToT, even with "2.25". Almost no one goes all the way to oblivion, this means map will mostly have the bonus. Even if people start "scavenging", they will notice the map has not increased exp because of the other scavengers. Believe me, no one wants to go all the way into oblivion for nothing. This will cause people to not go to ToT as always and there can be 1 person who camps them after the restarts because people like things easy and prefer to boss or wait for a skele map.

8. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    3:47 AM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I like the idea tho, but not for a small populated server like MapleLegends. I agree with the comments earlier made.

9. OP
    OP
    Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    Well the thing is, skele will never have bonus exp. Like never. Theres just too much traffic in a popular map like that. And the reason why people dont go to ob5 is because skeles are a much better alternative as of now (due to annoying prequests). Its hard to assume what people will do and wont do though, thats just speculation. Perhaps if 2.25x exp was an option, it will motivate people to actually go to ToT and check instead of staying at skeles, because as you said, the reason why people dont go to oblivion is because the exp from skeles arent a far cry from oblivion.

And 2.25x exp isnt turned on immediately after restarts. The map would have to be untouched for 12 hours after the restart for 2.25x exp to be turned on, so the camping thing wont be an issue. People wont be able to use a "timer", like they do with bosses, because there is no standard "timer". If a map is entered at the 11th hour of the 12 hours, the timer resets and another 12 hours from that time would have to pass before 2.25x exp may be turned on

And I understand that the population is small. But its not as small as you think. It seems small primarily due to the fact that a lot of people are in fm just afking most of the times. But, thats just my observation.

10. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    8:47 PM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    I voted no, but I would consider if the exp rate was dropped to 2.1% (assuming Kim can even implement this proposed mechanic)

11. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    9:47 PM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I do believe that was just an example of the exp if you even read the post. It could be only 1.5x or 1.25x. The variable x is representing what the normal xp is which is actually double of maple's. 1.5x would be 3 times normal2 xp and 1.25x would be 2.5 times normal2 xp. When I say normal2 I am actually referring to the v62 xp. That's not much more then the 2x xp that we get now. I suppose the 3x xp is 1.5 times more, and the other rate is 1.25 times more, but it would be something. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this also accounts for the fact he said channel 1 only...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I know what he meant by 2.25, you don't have to explain it to me as if I were retarded.

13. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    6:47 PM
    NSFW
    This is a good idea on paper, but only on paper. I don't like the idea of changing the EXP rates. Hell I was even against making it 3x quest EXP.

Either way we all know this won't get implemented. Very cool idea just too custom. The quest EXP buff already adds to the exploration of the maple world, and as I understand it there's already some buffing for some of the less used maps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    11:47 AM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    I like this idea, put perhaps a rate needs to be worked out to put the less popular maps on par with the best map for each level zone. For example, increase the exp rate of the ludi maps so they roughly match Ghost Ship. Right now everyone sits at one map for a level range and ignores everything else (WS, GS2, Himes, Skele) - it would be nice to bump the ghost town maps up so people utilize them more, while the popular maps that already give a lot of exp won't ever give this buff as they're always full :)

• Like Like x 3