1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

100% gms-like???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kargo, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    1:05 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I was just thinking ( not hating) The server says 100%. Gms-like, BUT! Some things got nerfed. It isnt 100% gms -like right?

The suggestion is, stop nerfing things :3

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Its advertised as GMS-like, not 100% GMS-like. If it was 100% GMS-like than we would have no vote for nx, no minigames in FM, EXP Gachapon, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  3. J4sper

J4sper Brown Teddy

May 29, 2015
    Male
    12:05 AM
    Jasper
    Warrior
    Theres exp gachapon? Whereee?

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Nowhere. But GMS had them.

Which are actually coded in Legends, but I went against it, so its not implemented.

• Like Like x 2
  5. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    7:05 PM
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    +1 if its v62 it should be v62 not v62 with a FEW changes one day were gonna turn into royals if we keep changing things

6. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    That is a very interesting statement considering how many suggestions have been turned down that royals has, say boss exp command etc. I know I've been apart of the group typically rejecting multiple suggestions that would change the game but even I can admit that v62 was no where near perfect and some changes, like multiple changes already in place, were much needed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Bro tbh you joined this after reading "2x exp". That alone wasn't GMs like. As latte said, small changes have to be made or people will get bored. IMO the server runs on the line of nostalgia / still fun to play a lot.

I see your point though.. But tbh buddy

If you dislike I'd suggest finding a 1x server that doesn't accept votes etc etc.

8. Sandy

Sandy Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Female
    A GREAT gms idea that wouldnt harm the server that much is nerfing the shops by maximizing the usage of AFKd shops (shop permits). This decreases the amount of fm rooms filled up and creates a more gms atmosphere

9. TweedleDeem

TweedleDeem Orange Mushroom

Jun 24, 2015
    6:05 PM
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    To be honest I'm fine with updates and such, Just as long as we don't get to where Gms got to. Starting off with V.62 as a base and slowly changing things as long as everyone agrees (Cough most) is fine Imo...

10. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    why do you keep necroposting lol

• Like Like x 8
  11. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Also, better fix, errr "unfix? some of the ropes/ladders"... Oh yeah, and fix... errr I mean unfix the thing so when you jump off cwm and pot/use a buff, when you hit the teleporter, you don't go back to the end of valley of heroes 1. GMS still has not fixed the glitch if you "fall off of the mountain" and pot/spam a buff, you don't fall down to vally of heroes 1, instead you get telied to the beginning of whatever map your on (aka on lower ascent, if you spam booster/pots when you hit the portal that would normally send you to the end of valley of heroes 1, you get telied back to the bottom of crimsonwood mountain lower ascent [trolling ftw]).

12. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    What are exp gachapons?

13. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Part of the community also want Temple Of Time, Temple Of Time got released v72, why playing a v62 server if you want the v72 implemented. If you want that stuff, go and play a v82 private server or v72, the community shouldnt decide the updates, they only want new updates with ToT and stuff for their own sake, and many people forget it is still about the fun. Not only about lvling. I am sure 30% of the community is only playing for the highest or best attacker... I dont remember anyone playing fort being the ''best'' Player around. My point is. People forget that it is all about the fun. And not about lvling and having the best range and not about being dexless and stuff.... KimberlyKimberly NaviNavi phnxphnx I am sure you all didnt create server to be all about having the best range , best stuff, having mules to make everything easier. But for FUN

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    5:05 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    For some people, striving to be the best is what makes a game fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I understand that but many people think its really important to have a high range and being the best :/

16. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I don't understand? If your goal is to be the best then high range and skill to play your class/character are literally the two most important things.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I am sure most of thr those people werent playing like that pre bb. Because it didnt matter what lvl you were and people didnt care if you had a high range

18. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I'm getting more and more confused. Under what context would it not matter what level you were and what range you had? If you were looking to boss, level and damage are by definition the metrics by which groups decided to take you to runs or not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Many people are only thinking about lvling and their range. And as you said some people think that it is fun. But many people who dont think its fun are still complaining about their range because everyone else is too. Some people even quit for those reasons. I think people are going too far with their ranges and lvl.

Btw, should we stop here we are scaring off new players ;-;

20. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    But I mean, those two are the only two metrics for game progression. Everything you do in this game (quest, grind, farm, scroll, merch, etc.) is towards making your character stronger. If someone is sitting in the FM chatting with people that's not really playing the game, that's just using the client as a medium to interact with other people. If people don't find the core nature of the game to be fun, then maybe the game isn't for them?