1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Good bye

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Overdose, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Overdose

Overdose Mano

Dec 23, 2015
    11:48 AM
    I'm leaving legends today because leeching is a major problem here in my opinion and I don't see eye to eye with the majority of the people in this community with the problem. This server does have its good players that have never leeched and actually earned their levels here, but I'd have to say roughly 85% of the level 120+ rather leech. They make a bishop first that is probably leeched itself, or they grind it to 120 (Priest is the easiest class to level) then leech a attacker to level 120+ as if they accomplished something. I just got sick to my stomach when I've been seeing level 120+ to as high as a lvl 184 NL hang onto a rope. Then the few attackers that are 120+ such as myself can't find a Skele map or a training partner because of the leech problem. You can't stop leeching I understand this, but it is more of self leeching that is killing the community. The only solution to this would to stop self leeching which would reduce leeching all together. IF we had a report system for self leeching with a SS and the person is caught they should receive a temp ban which would discourage it. But I don't see Legends making a change as the community here encourages leeching.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    Thanks for leaving. We don't have time for negative energy here ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Overdose

Overdose Mano

Dec 23, 2015
    ^^^ Here comes your 85% of the leechers to post.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Overdose

Overdose Mano

Dec 23, 2015
    Another leecher that was at newts 3 days ago ^^.

5. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    You've got a weak resolve. To be fair, I actually have your point of view. I never leeched once from 1-125, just trained mostly as a solo NL, I learned how to gear myself and stop being dependent. I don't like leech, always hated it, the only time I've bought leech is so that my girlfriend could have 3 hours of skeles leech, not me. I think instead of trying to blame the community, you should learn from it and try to get other people involved with not leeching. Just going out there and suggesting to grind instead of buying leech is more than enough. If someone is lazy, let them be. And let bishops be themselves for leeching other people, not only is it a service, it is something that they earned through the hours of grinding and gearing up, developing their character, etc. If you can't find a training spot, boohoo, grow up. You don't own maps. Like I said, the game won't change just for you. You make the change yourself. And the method you're trying to represent the change that you want makes you seem weak.

• Like Like x 4
  6. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    8:48 PM
    >''we dont have time for negative energy here''
    >is being negative to someone who's quitting

• Like Like x 8
  7. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    2:48 PM
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    Rude.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Overdose

Overdose Mano

Dec 23, 2015
    You don't read very well. I said "self leech" , I also said you can't "stop leeching". You also said "get people involved with not leeching". Isn't your statement a weaker resolve?

9. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Nerf HS -> problem solved

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Feels like it is time to close this thread.

Goodbye!

11. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    9:48 PM
    Sean
    idk why people take maple seriously, its supposed to be chill and fun, so calm yo tits and dont bother with other people? I heard skele dungeons will be added anyway (so there goes your map argument)

12. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I wonder... I heard only 4 get added. It will help for sure, but if it will solve the "problem"... im not so sure...

13. Piffy

Piffy Pac Pinky

Feb 23, 2016
    10:48 AM
    I think just let him to chill down and move on his life. He is just voicing out what he feels.

It is partially right about leechers. It happens everywhere. Some of them are with their own reasons and intentions.
    However, we cannot control everyone's mindsets and wanting them to fulfill what we want/wish for.
    You know you can just ignore and get someone else who is as hardworking as you are to train with.
    Reminder, This game is for the world, not for you only. There are better things to work out better :)

Anyways, it is your choice to leave the game. All the best in your life and your future! MapleF17

*In PQ, I always meet leechers. I went in with 3 mages, in the end I have to cleared 3 mage portals. I felt a little like your feelings too. But whatever. MapleF11*

14. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Tbh all attackers at the bottom of the skeleton map are leeches.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    leeching is part of the game and it won't change. you're not the first one to come up with this amazing observation that maple is dominated by leechers. thats justhow v62 is.

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    7:48 PM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    Self-leech is the cancer killing the game.OnionLie

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    I fully agree! I always thought it felt wrong to leech, doesn't feel as satisfying when you hit 120 on your own!
    I never considered buying it, and will probably never recommend it :p

It's not like I have the money for it anyway. :|

• Like Like x 2