1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Banned weekly

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Altim, Jan 9, 2016.

I have similar problems

1. I play a mac and have similar issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I have Xfinity WIFI COMCAST internet and have similar problems

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I play MAC and or have XFINITY wifi from COMCAST using their hotspot with no problems

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Altim

Altim Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    California- Sacramento (Roseville)
    7:19 AM
    Beginner
    In-Game Name: V V i n
    Issue: Every week or two, I log into the game and my account is banned along with my IP.
    Details:
    -I play on a MAC computer, I install the most recent version and always do when new ones come out. (Being on a mac computer there is no patcher so I re-install the entire game each patch).
    -The only change I make to the game itself is I double click on wine skin application and go to screen options and instead of having windowed mode I switch to Full Screen option so I can play full screen.
    -I keep the game files in the Applications Folder and have a shortcut to the game in the Launcher area where all the apps are which I use to start the game.
    -The internet I use is from Comcast. I don't have a Modem / router in my home just use the Wifi in the air The way this works is Comcast has numerous hotspots all over, and Many places I go, I have access to the Xfinity Internet... You select the Xfinity Internet on your Networks, you get prompted with a window to enter your user and pass and you are in...

Things I noticed:
    -I mainly only play maple at home; but even at home I noticed almost every time I log into the wifi Hotspot network the IP Address is a different one.
    - There are many occasions where I log into my account on maple legends web site and under account information it says I voted over 24 hours (like 30 hours ago)... and when I click vote and get sent to the Screen to verify and actually vote after submission I get an error that my IP has voted 3 hours ago....
    -It never happens when I'm mapling, I can play all day long with no DC/ bans and no problems and its usually the next time I log in I'm banned.

Other:
    -Each time I ban appeal there is no further follow up to try to get a permanent fix for this...
    -I was speaking with Kim and she said my "HWID wasn't showing up" or something along those lines.... I can't get enough information from anyone to attempt to see if this is my internet causing problems (xfinity hotspot) or is it my Mac book pro.

What should I try:
    This appears to be an internet hotspot problem, but what Kim said about my HWID acting funky makes me wonder if there something is wrong with my MAC, I mean there are probably other users who have Xfinity hotspot wifi and don't' experience the same issue.
    - I was thinking if this is a problem with my mac would doing a Factory Reset on it help fix the issue?

I just want to be able to normally log on without having any problems; I missed out on so much mapling already because of this ban problem. What can I do or attempt to solve this?...

2. OP
    OP
    Altim

Altim Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I have been banned and created an appeal over 7 times now... and each time I only get a few days until the next ban appears...

3. OP
    OP
    Altim

Altim Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Thanks for your help community you are all so helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  4. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    10:19 AM
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    So I don't know much about xfinity as I'm a optimum user but the xfinity wifi is local right?

5. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    4:19 PM
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Sorry for not replying sooner.
    It's 6:40 AM here and I'm a bit tired.
    I don't see how your hardware ID is relevant to the problem unless she was referring to your MAC address (not as in your computer, but what's called Media Access Control).
    I've never heard of a MAC address changing, but I've heard of people spoofing it somehow. I have no idea if the server has any anti-account-sharing mechanisms that automatically bans you after a certain amount of changed IPs (sounds a bit far fetched I guess), but that could be a possibility.

When I wake up tomorrow, I'll research it a bit further, but for now my only real tip would be to wait for Kim's answer.
    If it was me I'd purchase a static IP from Comcast (although I don't know if you can as I have no idea how Comcast's business model works..)
    Their system sounds really flunky.

Good night ~~ Hope you find a solution.

Edit:
    http://business.comcast.com/internet/business-internet/static-ip

Looked a bit expensive. You could try always playing through a VPN?
    I thought about the whole anti-account sharing measure thing and I just remembered that I've played MapleLegends on a number of IP addresses and locations with a VPN.