1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Activity signs for pqs?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 3DegreeChill, Feb 1, 2016.

Yay or nay

1. YAS

58 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. no pls

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    12:04 AM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    So basically what I've noticed while spending my days hoeing in Kerning was that more than not, theres always one person who's trying to kpq and looking lonely af. So yeah I tell him about the difference in time zones, how usually theres one kpq running, and how people level up fast and outlevel kpq but, after i tell him to go do fowskis leveling quest guide, magically, 3 red dots appear in the map and the guy doesnt know about it until i whisp him. Vic island is pretty lonely af, especially the hpq map, people dont know whether or not a pq is running and they'll be discouraged to play since its boring w/o people. Pqs such as hpq, ppq, opq, and lmpq are all super rare to do right now since everyone's discouraged to make a pt because it takes too long to form one/ no ones on.

So a solution to this problem could be in the form of a pq sign, rather than having newbies spend their small nx wallets for smegas. Im thinking either a @____ command to check if there's anyone doing a particular pq, or a sign like the perion gpq board stating if theres someone inside pqing. I dont know if any of these could be implemented but it'd be really cool to have more connections to people since the server goes anywhere from 90~190 ppl and its hard af to look for some pqs.

I suggest they be put near each pq map, and/or also a central worldwide one in the fm for all to see whats going on so that they can coordinate. Also, so that people that are new know about this feature, it should also be put in the "how2play" introduction when making a new char.

#2: a party making feature, something along the lines where you go to the same pq board and you sign up to show to other ppl that your interested in the pq. this makes it wayy more easy to pq now since the time it takes to spam fm for people interested is gone. i think gms had/has a pt making feature but, no one used it tho since the "pt making map" and ez grinding made it useless.

This ultimately makes the game more noob friendly and makes the game more fun overall imo cuz pqs>grinding.

sorry if grammar mistakes or hard to read.

• Like Like x 20
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    6:04 AM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    Just have a sign that you click to send out an auto smega for 100 nx. It sends out a message along the lines of "x wants to do y pq". Have a limit of 1 auto smega per 120 seconds. Problem solved

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Artcro

Artcro Red Snail

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    2:04 AM
    Bowman
    CosaNostra
    Man I know some things in new mapleglobal socks, but party making in a low ppl server should be a good acquisition from new scripts.

4. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Buffles
    Paladin
    They could make a command like @signup pqname where pqname would be hpq, kpq, lpq, lmpq, opq, or ppq. Additionally to check the names of the people waiting for a group, there could be a command @pqlist pqname to show the names of everyone signed up. A NPC in fm entrance could just show the number of people signed for quick references something like:

Henesys Party Quest : #
    Kerning Party Quest : #
    Ludibrium Party Quest : #
    Ludibrium Maze Party Quest : #
    Orbis Party Quest : #
    Pirate Party Quest : #

The only thing idk is how to sign off those that found a group, like, when they join a party? when they enter the PQ? when they finish the PQ? Could also be by a command but then people that forget to sign off the list would cause trouble, so an automatic way would be needed.

Please comment on this idea specially about the removing part :p I'm sure the GMs would appreciate a method to implement the suggestion as well as identifying all the problems that could be created, ways to keep it organized and so on. Would be a lot less work if they chose to take in the suggestion into the game :geek:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Artcro

Artcro Red Snail

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    2:04 AM
    Bowman
    CosaNostra
    Well about that, I think an npc could do all the work don't you? U subscribe in fm, it displays your name, and if u get in, that would be a script mod on the actual PQs npcs so when u click to enter it takes your name out. Well it's been a while since a programed maple so dunno if I'm pooping from keyboard.
    And well about finding a group.. This I think is not so needed if we can clear once they enter, but no idea how to.

6. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Buffles
    Paladin
    Yeah, having everything in one NPC sounds like a good idea. Whether this method or any other is used, I think something to promote PQs would be really good for the server! :geek:

7. OP
    OP
    3DegreeChill

Apr 18, 2015
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    yeah i guess this a better alternative. and there should be a recruiting smega to such as "R> thief for lpq"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    11:04 PM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    As someone who motivation to play at the moment is juggled between completing every quest possible, and shooting the shit with friends, getting sucker-punched by pq-required quests is getting on my nerves. Trying to find a gaggle of buddies at the proper level, and on at the proper time to do a pq is just something that destroys my immersion, and dampens my drive severely. My goal is to have 0 available quests, I cannot let these annoying pq-quests slip me up. However, due to differing time-zones, schedules, work/school, coming up with 6 people within the proper level ranges is just something that isn't really easy.

A Looking For Group command would do wonders to improve this issue. Similar to what other mmo's do, have people queue up, and then have a party leader the ability to look at the list, and grab what they require. All that really needs to be shown on the list would be, Players Name, Level, & Class.

Another option that would do a world of help would be to allow Warping to location like other mmo's. If you're in queue for lets say OPQ (Faffing dead place this lot is.) Players shouldn't be punished for wandering off while in queue. If they're called opon while spending their time reasonably, like questing elsewhere, they should have the option pop up to either A) Decline the queue , or B) Warp to the lobby.

Just my frustrated 2 cents.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    7:04 AM
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    Do they warp back to their original map afterwards though? Bc otherwise ppl could easily travel between continents and stuff :/

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    WorryWorry I take it you're also trying to do that OPQ quest?

Well the good news is that if your goal is "only" to have 0 available quests, if you simply out-level the party quests, they should disappear from the Available section completely.

11. OP
    OP
    3DegreeChill

Apr 18, 2015
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    can any gm confirm whether they are able to implement this?

12. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Probably to early for them to say. Other more important things are on their plates right now, and they more than likely don't want to confirm/deny something theyre not ready to tackle.

13. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I really want to bump this once again,
    I feel so bad when I see people spamming for a pq for more then an hour in fm without success. Please give them an option to instantly reach all online players (without wasting their own nx), instead of making them waste hours of their own free time.
    upload_2016-3-21_11-53-11.png
    I am only adding this picture to indicate the effort people put in to find a party, while at some times this might not even be possible (due to not any people being available).

*Note she/he has been here for a while before I started recording (as partly can be seen when i pull up my chat window)
    Eventhough im currently not lpqing I beg something gets changed to improve the situation for those who are.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    BibleThump

• Like Like x 1
  15. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    I remember I waited for several days until I could finally do my first and last OPQ, feelsbadman

• Like Like x 4
  16. CoolRom

CoolRom Snail

May 13, 2016
    12:04 PM
    Spearman
    Need more PQ community

17. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    10:04 PM
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    Well I have a lot of active level 20-70 players in my guild (although we did just start out 2 weeks ago) PQs seem to be going on most of the time from what I see going on in the chat.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    1:04 AM
    Vith
    White Knight
    Yep, join an active guild, and you should have no problems finding PQ partners.

PS: I personally vouch for the guild December. ^^

• Like Like x 3
  19. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Heathcliff

Heathcliff Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    10:04 PM
    hello can we add this yet?
    been a good 7-8 months and no response from GM
    -edit- over 2 yrs.. sry didnt see that it was 2016 and not 2018..

• Like Like x 3