1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Omok Tournament

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by iChecco, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Tohar

Tohar Snail

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    5:19 PM
    Tohar
    Brawler
    Tohar VS Deku 2-0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    4:19 PM
    Demure
    Gratz ;D Tohar 6points, Dylan 5. GGwp

• Like Like x 2
  3. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    11:19 AM
    u can take me out of this and put everyone won by 2:0 vs me im not playing this tournament where someone sets themselves up to win only bcuz of the glitch where they have 1 piece a blank space and 2 more pieces obviously im going to put a piece down to block their 4 in a row, but when it says "you can not put a piece there" i think the plasyer should either put a piece in the corner away from the current game, or restart the game .. If it was double 3's the message would of said "double three's" but in this case it did not it said "you can not put this piece there"

so like I said take me out of this tournament

4. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Everyone plays by the same rules and only you have problems with this. Maybe It's not the problem with game, maybe it's you?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Dean

Dean Stone Golem

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    Bulgaria
    Dean/Experience
    Corsair
    Demure
    Dean vs STRQNK (he can vouch)
    2:1
    Dean vs Candy
    2:0 (He gave up on second game so I guess that makes 2 points?) also no idea what glitch is there MapleF3_Origin could someone explain?
    grabilla.g11852.png

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If I had to guess he got 3x3 blocked which shows 'you cannot put it there'.. but this isn't a bug.

It always says "You cannot put it there" there's no such message you mention.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    8:19 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Ryae vs. Murano
    1 - 2
    [​IMG]
    I have never won before aah this is so exciting and I am already satisfied with this tournament hahahahaha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    whatever kim im not mad at this tournament When a 3x3 rule or "you can not place it there" happens it happened with me vs jacky and jacky put a plot on the bottom corner becuz he knows that winning by that technicality is lame as hell

9. OP
    OP
    iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    I guess no one reads wut i wrote on main post.
    Omok game rules section, read that pls.
    U cant have double 3s in any case, not even if u need to block a 5. Also Jacky had this problem in the last tourney and he contacted me. Obviously the last one wasnt organized as good as this one and didnt have an omok game rules section. Jacky also says its glitch but this is not my opinion thats why i allow it. So i repeat every omok game rules set by MapleLegends are allowed. As Snow said, everyone plays with the same rules so i think its fair

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If you now change it to 'lame as hell' than don't say glitch abuse at first.

Anyway, also to fix your other statement, here's a confirmation it indeed just says 'You cannot put it there':

[​IMG]

*This game with Soblet didn't count

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tohar

Tohar Snail

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    Tohar
    Brawler
    Ty <3

• Like Like x 3
  12. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    yeah I agree with you , It's just I wasnt really planning on it happening to me .. you dont just go into a game thinking "better not let this double 3 thing happen" you know? especially not when you go to BLOCK someones possible 4 piece set up .. It usually happens when you put a random piece down to connect a 3 when it says that , not when you go to block someone from winning the game lol just my opinion .. People rather say its me and that its not a problem without actually trying to kno what really happened but it really doesnt matter to me anymore i didnt intend to bring drama to this thread, but i WILL NOT let someone talk shit or disrespect me (Snow) so yeah sorry checco and thanks for adding me to the tourny !

• Like Like x 1
  13. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male

also thx for letting me know that ,,,, I dont know where I got the thinking it said double three's ..

14. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male

In your ss you had 1 piece a blank and 2 pieces , obviously I was going to block it and put my piece there (Did not know I had double 3's set up there , and Im pretty sure you didnt know that either) .. I was NOT going to MISS blocking your 4 so when I couldn't put my piece down because of double 3's I left and will not play with that rules sorry that is why I wanted out of the tourny as simple as that lol no drama intended

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Im sorry that Legends rules doesnt suit u, ty for participating :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    its not about that lol its about personal rules , If Someone couldnt block my possible 4 in a row because of double 3s and acknowledged it to me I would of restarted the game .. But thats just me .. This was only intended to be fun I dont care about the prize money haha so yeah GL all ~ Im out

17. OP
    OP
    iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Yeah yeah i got it. But i said that i allow it cuz i dont agree with u and Jacky :/
    We're not playing on GMS or EMS either, we're on MapleLegends so we play with MapleLegends's omok rules

18. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Rules were clear before you signed up, Candy. It's not our fault that you didn't understand it or didn't read.

19. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Keep the drama out of here for both parties.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Just to further clear this up, for everybody. -
    MapleLegends Omok was programmed a long time ago, when we were on beta. with very different rules from what GMS has.
    Now, because MapleLegends Omok is so very different from GMS Omok, changing it to normal GMS Omok would be pretty much remaking it.
    Therefor it's left untouched for now. Now, some people call this whole Omok system a glitch, which technically is partially true. But Omok has many rules, and none are absolute. The rules in GMS aren't exactly the same as the ones many people play with IRL. the rule that states you can place a 3x3 to block a 5 is no different.
    Jacky doesn't play with it because it changes the game a lot. But the rules for this tournament are what they are, so for future games, keep that rule in mind. :)

• Like Like x 1