1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Debate] Server time

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Clown, Apr 25, 2016.

Change server time/ boss reset time (interactively)?

1. Yes, good idea.

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. No, just keep it as it is.

24 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    12:20 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Not to mention that if you're so into the game where you collaborate with people around the world to do 4 zaks in a row, you really wouldn't care if it meant doing it from 6pm to 9pm your local time, or 3am to 6am local time.

You either make it or you dont. Your group of friends decides what's the best way to do daily runs depending on who is available when.
    If 4 runs in a row is best, that's what you do. If 2 runs in a row max is what works, then that's what you do.

2. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    12:20 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    I'll wake up at 5am to do an HT with friends on the weekend, no problem. I will also refuse to wake up at 5am on a weekday. Your bossing group should organize around player time limitations, not server time.

3. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    8:20 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Well, I disagree :p. Speaking only from my own experience, getting a group together is hard, especially when like mentioned later in your post they have to travel. Even the hardest bosses dont take longer then 30 minutes (once again speaking out of own experience), meaning people would travel almost as long as the activity they partake in. I have notices that when they are able to get more exp, meaning 4 runs, more people show up.

This is once again a difference in experience. I noticed instead of people leaving generally more people join. If not people get switched out. Besides the fact that it is more worth to travel, if more rewards regarding exp and potential mesos go with it.
    Yes I have done this multiple times before. Seeing the state in where the server is currently in combination with the damage high level players can output run times can be very good estimated.
    I dont really know why this is true...

I dont know if my idea completely drifted in the wrong direction, or you just think in a completely different way as I do. Planning multiple runs is different for different groups based on time zones. Since this is always the same the same group always has the possibility to do more run, while some never have this. If you rotatie the time everyone eventually will have an opportunity to do multiple runs at times which are convinient to them. Yes indeed convinient, which for some players determines a lot. Whether or not you utilise this or not is not my point. It is just that the server is easily able to do this at this point (more then 2 runs), yet for some groups/individuals this is harder then others.

HT is most likely the only boss that is very hard to do 4 in a row. I am more talking about the "easier" bosses like zakum, or maybe even better example is papulatus. These bosses require travelling, and when this travelling can be halfed, because you only need to travel once instead of twice this gives you an advantage both in pure time management, aswell as in recruiting members.

I can't really make my point (more?) clear and to be honest I am kinda done trying lol. Eventhough for me personally the situation does seem to give an advantage to certain players, changing it would be disadvantage in many ways towards many players. For me the situation is not even that bad. So to conclude, besides the fact that I cant seem to convince the majority of you, there is not much gain for me to get here, seeing as the situation is semi optimized for me already. Keep it the way it is since that is indeed the majority s preferance.

(Also I want to appologize again, I truly want(ed) what was best for the server, and I might have over done it trying to reach this goal, I hope we can still be friends)

Finally a request to close the thread please @GMs

• Like Like x 1
  4. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    8:20 PM
    One little suggestion won't ruin friendships imo, just some backlash for both parties but at the end of the day, if friendships actually get ruined because of a discussion on the internet, well, thats pretty sad tbh

• Like Like x 2