1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcing Job Advancements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kosmith, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Kosmith

Kosmith Red Snail

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    9:59 AM
    Kosmith
    Cleric
    Hello Fellow Legends,

I am a new member of this community and I am having lots of fun playing maplestory the way it used to be with my friends. Though I have to ask why are we getting constant announcements about these job advancements. Doesn't is bother anybody else seeing that you're the 20th cleric to advance this week?
    Not that I have a problem with there being millions of clerics, it's just that I don't see why I should be constantly reminded about it.

If there is a reason for it being there or everybody else doesn't mind and enjoys the announcments, I'd be happy to know about it.

Thank you.

Your friend,
    Kosmith

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Coco066

Coco066 King Slime

Jun 20, 2016
    Male
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    2:59 AM
    Coco066
    Assassin
    Well, i'm fairly new ( about maybe 5 months maximum?) on the server myself but i enjoy these advancement notices as it gives a little bit of glory and fame (kinda) to the job advancement. I like to congratulate people on graduation to 2nd, 3rd or 4th job advancement as it feels to me as a big milestone. Sure some class are more played than others but since this isn't a game about PvP I don't think it really matters. I myself play an assassin and if i base myself on the rarity or the Maple Skanda and Kandayo in the shops, it probably is a very played class.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    2:59 AM
    Vith
    White Knight
    Because this is a x2 EXP rate server, the job advancements are a big deal (especially for 3rd and 4th job). I really like them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    8:59 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Besides the points already states above, I love to see them because you see and get in contact with many new players through these announcements. As a high level player I dont come in contact with low level people as much as I would like to. By congratulating them good things can happend, and it lead to several people now on my buddylist.

I get your questions but the positive outweigh the negative for me.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:59 AM
    Moderator Post
    It also creates 'some' sort of activity in server, making it a bit alive. This was once bought up pretty early in Legends and about same counter arguments were used; basically most approve the feature for reasons listed above, and I have no plans to ever remove it, nor create filters.

Maybe if someday the server reach like 500 users it can get a bit annoying, but seeing that isn't happening (right now ;) ), it won't be changed right now.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    11:59 PM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    I like to congratulate new players so they stay and gach. Better for my scrolling addiction in the long run :^)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    9:59 AM
    what if I don't want everyone to know my job advancement business... there should be a command to shut it bye bye so u don't appear like there is with fame... (just kidding with half serious philosopical motives)

• Like Like x 1
  8. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    2:59 PM
    Crusader
    One of my friends plays a gunslinger. These job advancement messages were useful for him in finding buyers (or recipients) of bullets that he 'outgrew', so to speak.