1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Suggestion) Make reverse weapons with NPC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Distance, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    11:07 AM
    Originally in gMS, a version after Temple of Time came, the Maker skill was released (v0.73, July 2009). The skill allowed to create reverse weapons using Pieces of Time dropped by mobs at ToT.

I recall hearing from Kim that maker skill is nearly impossible to code into v62 client (correct me if I'm wrong), however, perhaps we could create an NPC that would forge reverse weapons with the same materials as were required by the maker skill.

The NPC could be placed somewhere in ToT. Edit: Because of this:
    The NPC should probably be placed at the end (or, middle) of ToT. This would garuntee the player went through most of the ToT questline (which is very tedious).

Reverse weapons are level 120 weapons that level as you gain EXP. At the max level, the weapon gets bonus ATT (about 5 more ATT in average). Some may argue that putting these weapons into the game would give too much power to the players. I don't agree, however, that is only my opinion. If you believe these weapons are overpowered, we could nerf them so that only after they level to max level they get to their original ATT.

For example: Reverse Equinox (level 120 knuckle) is 82 ATT before bonus ATT from leveling. The level 110 knuckle is 78 ATT and every ten levels down that's -4 ATT. This seems OK without the bonus ATT. So we could have Reverse Equinox begin with 78 ATT and get to 83 ATT after the bonus from it leveling.

It was really fun leveling these, especially with the flashy effect you would get when they leveled, and it's a great extra for endgame content IMO. Please discuss SlimeSmile

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    4:07 PM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    It's a v0.62 Maple, i doubt they'll go beyond that

• Like Like x 1
  3. Piffy

Piffy Pac Pinky

Feb 23, 2016
    12:07 AM
    I remember that in Maplesea, reverse weapons spoiled the whole game... Then most of us quit playing the game... (If I'm not wrong)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    4:07 PM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    idk, never got far in msea before big bang, i kept creating jobs that were below lvl 30 lol. My furthest was like level 32 sin or something... but after mushroom kingdom came out i got a lvl 64 db xD, and after bb i got a lvl 146 battlemage with a godly reverse aeas

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:07 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I think it's a great addition as long as they're "harder" to obtain than the 110 lvls.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    10:07 AM
    I think it has a positive effect to add higher and higher achievements (such as very strong weapons like reverse), it's what keeps the endgame alive. But I agree with the notion that they should be very hard to obtain, they shouldn't "replace" the currently strongest weapons so as to make them obsolete. I think they should be untradeable too, it should be a personal achievement to get such a weapon instead of just buying them with mesos. For example you could make them into a reward for a very hard and grindy quest (if it's possible to add quests).

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Distance

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    AloriusAlorius Are you sure you're not confusing it with potential or big bang or something?
    SYLegendSYLegend Forgot to mention they were untradeable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    4:07 AM
    I remember differently.
    Reverse items were still not as good as lukless for mages, and the amount of stuff you had to farm up was pretty costly.
    And since you could never trade the item once it was equipped, you were stuck with it forever. (unable to sell it in the future)

The main thing that spoiled the whole game was when potentials were introduced. This literally set the "funded players" and the "casual players" apart.

• Like Like x 4
  9. OP
    OP
    Distance

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Bump. LF> More opinions + Staff comment