1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Speed Infusion range

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by KurayamiLove, Sep 21, 2016.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    11:44 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Speed Infusion range is really small, It would help if it could match the range of Holy Symbol and Hyper Body.
    Just that

• Like Like x 6
  2. Charlobeetle

Charlobeetle Brown Teddy

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    6:44 PM
    Charlobeetle
    Bowmaster
    Solo Player
    Boost speed infusion range to 150% and then make it effective for hurricane too (currently got no effect on hurricane)
    then everyone will want to play bucc and every job love bucc too!+_+

3. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Match it with SE range Kreygasm

4. jasonthief

jasonthief Mushmom

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Drowsily
    Bowmaster

• Like Like x 2
  5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:44 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    +1 tbh i think it should be 200% like other common pty buffs (400x300 range like haste,hs,bless,so on)

6. Charlobeetle

Charlobeetle Brown Teddy

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Charlobeetle
    Bowmaster
    Solo Player
    Maybe change SE to 200% ? sounds like a good idea

7. jasonthief

jasonthief Mushmom

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Drowsily
    Bowmaster

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Well hurricane canot be speed, not even by booster, If it could it would be way too op

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    Honestly I gotta say -1 to this, simply due to the fact that every skill has been designed in a different way (no shit Glenn..) and they are and should stay that way unless we were to get an update/patch where it's actually been buffed without the staff having to do so manually (Not sure if it's even possible, I guess it would be since Kurayami wouldn't have asked for it otherwise).

The slight danger there is in buffing up later in the game is already very small (imo.) and I don't really see a reason to buff the range.
    All it does is allow people to stay put a bit more often whilst getting rebuffed from afar, which to me seems more like a lazy(wo)man's buff.. (No offense folks!) :)

*I do not think that it's a bad idea though, don't get me wrong. But I don't see a real reason why it'd *be needed.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Charlobeetle

Charlobeetle Brown Teddy

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Charlobeetle
    Bowmaster
    Solo Player
    just like bucc and u is way too op already :D
    there is no other bucc even close to u

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    Oi! Don't underestimate me! I will get to their level.. at some point.. sometime soon.. in 2020 :'(

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Nah its ok, everyone has an opinion, mine is that, when I rebuff people on skeles they always have to get really close to me making either of my buddy or myself getting hit by an attack dropping us from the rope, when come to bossing it isn't too bad except when we are spread and we share buffs, manny times at zak the bishop had to go closer to me to get SI or I had to get closer when he comes to rebuff HS,
    Buffing the range to match other skills to me is a small change that it may be easy to apply and could make that small things better. Buffed range or not I will try to buff my buddies as much as I can and it still being an awesome damage boosting skill that is really reliable.

• Like Like x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Best way to lv fast is loving your job and playing it a lot :)Keep on playing and don't give up

• Like Like x 2
  14. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    No the fastest way is to max "hanging on rope" skill first PogChamp
    just kidding ResidentSleeper

• Like Like x 3
  15. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    Aye! I will never give up Capn Kura! OnionCourage

16. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    6:44 AM
    Give nightlord quad throw too OnionSpark

17. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    5:44 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    You're correct though considering the version. Assuming the server in question has a functional economy and enough players, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  18. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    4:44 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
  19. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    Although I still think my opinion from a while back hasn't really changed that much from my perspective, I want to say I support marta with her question more now.
    For me personally I don't really feel like it's a MUST HAVE..
    BUT!
    Compared to pretty much every other party skill out there the range of SI is ridiculously low, and since I'm a buccaneer myself now I have noticed that quite a few times.
    For me it wouldn't really change much gameplay wise, at least not YET! I can see why it can be very frustrating and can make you paranoid as a buccaneer when bossing.
    Especially at a boss like HornTail, I still believe there's only a small margin of error during the runs.
    And it's only a matter of time until I find out myself how annoying that low range can really be at times during HT runs.

I also want to mention that from what I've seen we have another skill that's VERY important during boss runs to reset CD which you all know as Time Leap.
    This skill even when maxed has a pretty decent cooldown, which I'm fine with!
    What I do think is that for a skill that can be crucial to whether you finish a boss run or not, it has a pretty bad range,
    if anything I'd rather miss and rebuff SI 100 times than miss 1 Time leap on an important supporting member of my boss party just because they accidently walk just outside of TL range.
    I'd never put the blame on a party member for doing so, but it's frustrating in the end when you have to say "Fuck, because of that TL we (or I) missed, our run was a failure" :/

20. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    6:44 AM
    Although Speed Infusion and Time Leap don't have very good range as party buffs, I don't think they should be changed. The original creators of Maplestory somehow created the party buffs the way they were and I think it's fine. Sure it may be harder to buff some people with Speed Infusion but I feel that's almost part of the job as being a Buccaneer. I've gotten very used to the range of Speed Infusion and I'm perfectly fine with making a little extra work buffing all the party members that need the buff.

Same with Time Leap too. Time Leap is such an important skill on bosses like Horntail where players may need multiple Resurrection. That is why as a Buccaneer, I make sure that I'm literally standing next to the Bishop before I use it. Time Leap should not be used at near maximum range for resetting Resurrection at any point, so I'm 100% fine with Time Leap's range.

It would be fancy to have the two skills have increased ranged that match other party skills, but I'de say if it's not broken, no need to fix it. :p

• Like Like x 1