1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

LGBT

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hidden, May 27, 2015.

1. Richard

Richard Pink Teddy

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    Pirate's Bay
    12:35 PM
    Colt
    Corsair
    Demure
    Anymore fellow LGBT in this community?

2. OP
    OP
    Hidden

Hidden Red Snail

May 27, 2015
    Female
    12:35 AM
    Wow this thread got way more replies and attention than I thought it would. I'm glad people have been so forthcoming and pleasant. I'm still playing the game and enjoying the community. Knowing that there are many like-minded people out there makes it that little bit better. :D

Also, I agree that LGBT people shouldn't be further segmented from the rest.

3. Crystalis

Crystalis Horny Mushroom

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Crystalis
    Bandit
    Although I am not gay myself, I know quite a few gay guys and one of my better friends is bi. For me, I never had a problem with LGBT, except for when I was 13 and didn't know about it at all. I was VERY judgmental about it. More or less, I made extreme statements like "Gay people have problems" or "That's not normal". I was very against the idea of gays and lesbians until I found out that my older brother was gay. That made me accept it more, mostly because he was the opposite of every idiotic generalization I made.

After that, I became accepting of the LGBT community. The only ones I don't like however are the ones that try to convert others. I had a few guys try to convince me that I was gay and to be honest, that's the only thing I remotely dislike. I don't care if you're LGBT, but please don't impose your lifestyle on me. As long as you're not hurting anyone, who am I to pull your decisions into question? Just don't try to pull me into that lifestyle if I don't want to be a part of it. Other than that? It doesn't affect me one way or the other. Times have changed, and people need to learn to adapt.

Lastly, I was pretty happy when I heard gay marriage is legal all throughout the US. I never had anything against it; as long as you're both consenting adults, more power to you. While I would never personally engage in a same sex relationship, I don't see the harm in it. In my eyes, two guys or two girls dating or marrying each other is no different than a guy and a girl dating or marrying. My only question is why was everyone so afraid of it, particularly older people? Does it really affect THEIR lives that two guys/girls marry each other? No! The older generation needs to stop living in the 70s and 80s. It's no different than playing an online game; adapt or GTFO. Change happens and it's inevitable. Resisting it or fighting it is futile.

• Like Like x 7
  4. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes Snail

Jun 22, 2015
    Male
    TehCupcakes
    While I won't state all my opinions, largely because I'm an anonymous nobody to all of you and would likely get flamed to death, I do want address this question:
    There are a number of reasons for this. For one, America was founded on Christian principles, which it has gradually moved away from over time. There are various interpretations of what the Bible says about homosexuality, but the vast majority of denominations condemn it in same way or another. Everyone adopts values and beliefs based on the culture they live in and the experiences they have. When our grandparents were young, they were surrounded by these strongly conservative Christian values and came to believe them as well. Your strongest values do not change much after your 20s, so of course most of them are going to oppose it. It's natural to defend those values, and not doing so would make you a hypocrite.

Furthermore, the invention of the internet has made us much more culturally and internationally aware than was possible ever before. Suddenly we are more open to a variety of different beliefs because we realize the whole world does not do things the way we do. 80 years ago, if you grew up in the same town your whole life, you may hear a few stories about other places, but there was nowhere near the same amount of exposure to different beliefs and practices.

On another note, it's not really about whether it affects their life or not. To put it bluntly, we're a very selfish generation. If you study the history of sociology, you will see that those in our grandparents placed the biggest emphasis on things like hard work, discipline, family, and legacy. Now, we tend to focus on things like freedom of expression, diversity, etc. If our generation had a motto it would be, "You do your thing and I'll do my thing." In essence, if it doesn't affect me, I don't care. Older generations do not think like this, both because of the generation they lived in and just the fact that they have lived longer. When you have lived through multiple generations, you have a much clearer picture of how things change over time and the importance of passing on certain things. You see children and the values they get from you, who then pass that on to grand-children and so on. It's no longer about you, your life, and what affects you. It's about preserving a value that you think is important for future generations.

Now you guys can feel free to debate this topic all you want and I have no problem with that. I just ask that you please leave out the argument "It doesn't affect you", because that's really not the point. It affects society as a whole, so it does affect me, for better or for worse. It's a terrible argument that holds no weight when talking about anything relating to society and people; this topic is no exception.

5. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    Im kinda confused at the moment. I need to experiment. Overral if your gay i dont care too much. It may be kinda nasty but we all have our opinions. Its impossible to change (unlees you buy pills) the only reason y ill hate a gay person is if they talk bout it 24/7 unlees they come out to parents and they blame em for it. My parents hate them. They keep tellin me dont hang out with gay people. But i try to ignore them.If i find out i really am gay or bi then most likely ill be kicked out.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  6. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    holy shit this thread is old asf. anyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    9:35 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    J>Demure

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    6:35 PM
    Demure
    LF> bf MapleF3

• Like Like x 5
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:35 PM
    Moderator Post
    Bump

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kanoa

Kanoa Snail

Oct 31, 2016
    Hilo, Hawaii
    6:35 AM
    Ectoplasm
    ah this thread is a thing..

I'm mtf, trans, aaaaand... I'm just going to keep my preferences a secret~
    ooh also i've been on the pills for...4 years now?
    it's neat that there are other lgbt peeps here.

anyways~ hello~

• Like Like x 7
  11. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    2:35 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    Inbox me your dick pics people <3

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016