1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Learn Japanese with Maplestory Fangame

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by osakaNL, Nov 25, 2016.

1. osakaNL

osakaNL Red Snail

Nov 25, 2016
    6:58 PM
    [​IMG]

I played Maplestory and grinding games over many years and had alot of fun and made many nice friends, but in its basics all i did was leveling up characters by running around in a map over many hours and killing monsters. I got used to learn vocabulary or learn for school while grinding. I always had one eye on the screen, the other eye in my books^^ One day i had the idea to put both together and started to create a maplestory fangame, where i can grind my japanese vocabulary :) The game is growing by every day, and i input more and more vocabulary. If you want to have a fast look feel free to watch this movie:

I wished some famous gamedesigners would create games like this in a professional way. Imagine there would be a MMORPG, where people move in a great world like maplestory and learn a new language :) I have seen people with so much potential who are grinding like 24 hours to get more and more Level Ups, but in the end one day the game server is closing and they lose their character. If they would learn something by grinding, they would be able to speak for example a new language after some years of grinding and if the server is getting closed they wont lose what they have earned :) Education MMORPGs would be really a great thing :D

Here are still some screenshots from my game, if you dont want to watch the video:

[​IMG]
    Characters are actually created by banned story, and then you can add them into the game and give a name :)

[​IMG]
    In every new map 5 new vocabulary are coming.

[​IMG]
    The higher the level of the monster, the more vocabulary it knows.

[​IMG]
    Nice training grounds :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes... the game and the vocabulary is still growing by every day. :) If you like my idea and what i do, you can wait for more videos and things i will post here. If you know famous game designers tell them to make a professional game like this, where people can play and learn together :)

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I see you've posted this on pretty much every single server, which is a shame since it can be seen that you are just here to advertise your game, and not really looking in actual feedback.

3. OP
    OP
    osakaNL

osakaNL Red Snail

Nov 25, 2016
    Yes you are right :) I post it in alot of servers so i can show it to many people, and many people write something back. So i dont see that anything is wrong with showing my game in many servers :) My motivation is just to reach as many people as possible, to show that you can use Maplestory to create something usefull for yourself, aslike a vocabulary trainer. Can you see a download link anywhere? You will never see it actually, so there is no need to advertice my game, since i actually also use this game for my very own learning prosess and vocabulary set. I just want to show my idea in a very large environment and looking for a large spectrum of comments and answers. Looking forward to help others to create own maple-fangames and vocabulary trainers :) So if anybody is interested what engine i use, how i create the game and how to create a own maple game, feel free to write and ask something you want to know.

And if anybody wants to know how my vocabulary grinding is going on, here it is :D
    ~> here is my new video with new content and a new boss :D

Well.. thank you for accepting my game in your forum even if i post it in alot other forums aswell : ) Have a nice weekend !